Hello Orbx team,

This question is directed at @Ed Correia

I noticed that in a topic from last month it was mentioned that YBBN V2 would be scheduled for release in January. I was wondering if this was still the case and whether we should expect a release in the coming weeks.

Ref:

Thank you,

David

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome news. YBBN is only a couple of hours from me and I go there all the time for plane spotting. Unfortunately, I haven't been there for at least a year. I'll be glad to check it out in the sim.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome Ed - will the aerodrome contain the correct type of runway approach lighting for all runways, as per the 'airservicesaustralia' YBBN aerodrome pdf links below?

Also, any possibility of also uploading some dawn and dusk previews soon?

Thanks.

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/dap/BBNAD01-165_05NOV2020.pdf

https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/current/dap/BBNAD02-165_05NOV2020.pdf

6 hours ago, Ticker7 said:

I'm running version 1.3.2 and don't see a huge difference in this to what I have

The new runway and - not visible - the performance.

YBBN V1 was a real frame rate hog and I bet this one will be much approved in that area as will the ground textures I guess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

The new runway and - not visible - the performance.

YBBN V1 was a real frame rate hog and I bet this one will be much approved in that area as will the ground textures I guess.

In the preview shots there are a few new buildings ie. a multi storey car park and some more at the bottom end and a road where it was just sand, the textures do seem better than the photo real ones so it should run better, I took this one from close to their shot and you can see the car park is moved and made larger but we shall see when it's released.

21.02.2021-2021-feb-21-003.jpg

5 hours ago, Ticker7 said:

we shall see when it's released.

Hello,

if you have any positive comments to make in respect of the layout, now is the time to make them, before it is released

and while it is still in development.

If you are merely speculating on whether this is an update or a complete new airport, the answer is that it is a complete

new airport.

• Like 1

Well all I can say is this is so incredible and has been anticipated my the community for quite some time. In my case I will be buying this instantly and I am sure a lot of other people will be as well. It looks so crisp and spectacular I am speechless. It even has the IBIS hotel which is where I stayed when I was in Brisbane "I am gonna have a fun time relating back to the old times of travel. I know in my case I will be flying there so often i wont get sick of it! anyway great job Orbx absolutely stunning job!

On 2/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, Ticker7 said:

I'm running version 1.3.2 and don't see a huge difference in this to what I have, can you tell me is this an upgrade or  a complete New version Ed

Huge difference. Crap loads more parking, a whole new runway. Actual taxi lines to follow. YBBNv1 was original technology. Very outdated. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 4:44 AM, Ticker7 said:

I'm running version 1.3.2 and don't see a huge difference in this to what I have, can you tell me is this an upgrade or  a complete New version Ed

This is an entirely new version built from the ground up to match the airport layout as closely as possible to how it is today.

Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heavy_driver said:

@Greg Jones Can you share what kind of performance increase are you guys seeing versus the current YBBN, I’m curious how new techniques and technologies have helped on the performance end :)

We're still in testing at this stage so difficult to say with any degree of certainty. The improvements come primarily from a more efficient way of placing large numbers of optimised objects. Combined with the fact the Brisbane v1 had one of the earliest implementations of a ground polygon which gives us plenty of scope for improvement.

Greg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 7:39 PM, Greg Jones said:

We're still in testing at this stage so difficult to say with any degree of certainty. The improvements come primarily from a more efficient way of placing large numbers of optimised objects. Combined with the fact the Brisbane v1 had one of the earliest implementations of a ground polygon which gives us plenty of scope for improvement.

Greg

Interesting to read, and it will be interesting to read later on. The performance troubles of the old YBBNv1 have been mentioned often enough here, and we all hope for significant improvement by technological learnings.

2 hours ago, joel.richters said:

Heres to hoping this is released this weekend so I can fly from Amsterdam back to a new version of Brisbane.

I don't think it will be released this weekend. Greg's shots are early beta and I'm not sure if beta testing has even already started.

On 2/26/2021 at 12:47 AM, wolfko said:

I don't think it will be released this weekend. Greg's shots are early beta and I'm not sure if beta testing has even already started.

Im with you. Was meant to be released in Feb and they have been very quiet about it (unlike other airports were there are alot of preview shots on their facebook page etc) There has been none so im thinking its in early stages.