True Earth for MSFS ?

GSalden

Hello team,

Any plans on releasing the True Earth series for MSFS ? Or even Landmark Country packs ?

MSFS needs a lot of landmarks. In my case I am interested in TE GB and TE NL as I own then for P3D and they look very realistic.

Best regards,

Gerard

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Hello team,

Any plans on releasing the True Earth series for MSFS ? Or even Landmark Country packs ?

MSFS needs a lot of landmarks. In my case I am interested in TE GB and TE NL as I own then for P3D and they look very realistic.

Best regards,

Gerard

I dont see the point of doing that when mfs allready have orthophoto scenery as default and in my opinion better autogen, also the world update UK are coming next week.

Seems more like it was mentioned as a wishful thought but no definitive reply from any of the Orbx team. I wonder if it will stay as such, a mention or discussion but no clear answer as to whether it will be done or not.

Gary

6 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

I dont see the point of doing that when mfs allready have orthophoto scenery as default and in my opinion better autogen, also the world update UK are coming next week.

It’s about the Landmarks and custom objects...

13 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Judging from the world update for the USA the UK update will probably contain only a few dozens of landmarks while the true earth regions contained hundreds or even more than a thousand so don't expect too much. 

41 minutes ago, fabs79 said:

Judging from the world update for the USA the UK update will probably contain only a few dozens of landmarks while the true earth regions contained hundreds or even more than a thousand so don't expect too much. 

Exactly. If I switch completely to MSFS from P3Dv5 I want at least a lot of landmarks like I have now.

City Scapes is nice but TE landmarks is the way to go for me :)

Cityscapes never really took off for Orbx did they? It was a good idea, but who lands in citys? They were always generic with some local detail ... nice to have the extra detail of course to glimpse at as you land at their airports, but once bought City Scape Portland and found it had to be removed in order for one of my new Orbx TE P3Dv5 purchases to be added, not after a refund or anything, but when old products become incompatible with new products it does make me shop more carefully ... not having a go at Orbx here, we all make unintentional compatibility mistakes.

But honestly, what we could do with more for MS2020 are more generic scenery feature packs, the official Asobo UK patch is due in a bout a week I think? but bet they miss lots of things and introduce new bugs too ... amazing company who work very hard under this pandemic, but bless them, mistakes and bugs are introduced with each new major patch :)

I do wish them well and success too.

What about Orbx snapshot focus area's for UK, Central Scotland needs this badly, the bridges over the firth are not worth looking at anymore as it stands and I cant fly there anymore because its all so wrong, good POI's too like football/rugby stadiums, race circuits, theme parks, even RAF airfields, this is not against the MOD law, Scotflight did this for FSX and P3D with no repercussions.

More detail for UK especially please Orbx, but of course wait to see what Asobo release next week, then decide, but in my heart of hearts, just know Asobo wont do it right, we need more localised passion scenery for any area of the world ... Orbx are good at this, please see this post as encouragement and not criticism of the company.

Please.

11 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

Orbx Sydney & London Landmark packages (CityScapes) work really well in MFS - shows what can be done now & available,

Paris, incoming.............

& DD City/Landmark packages available via Orbx Central now,

i see an MFS trend!

I prefer landmarks for the major cities for a complete country in one pack instead of having to buy 5-20 City Packs for each country....

I would like some landmarks as well, yes. Ive mentioned it in another post, i like the photogrammetry a lot but as soon i use a faster plane my bandwith or cpu, who knows, doesnt keep up anymore and the buildings look ugly. Really ugly. With trees out of 5 polygons and buildings that look like stones. 

And if one turns PG off it doesnt look much better. The autogen is not really that good imo. Sometimes it is, but often its very off and all looks the same. Colorwise too. Added to that there are hundreds of cities without photogrammetry.

London is prime example, with the Orbx city pack it looks great while still is much more performant (for me) than lets say Munich in photogrammetry. And it looks always good, not only in a slow plane.

Its all ok with a Cessna or something but as soon i hop into a CJ4 or TBM the cities morph into ugly polygons. I would gladly buy some of those landmark or city packs to overcome the photogrammetry problem and performance loss its causing.

The "who lands in cities" comment i can understand somewhat, often the airport is way out from the city. But often it isnt. Seattle, Portland, Bangkok, London, Amsterdam, well, hundreds of cities have at least the STAR/SID going over the city. Rio, or many places in Brazil. Fortaleza and all those big ones. All middle in the city. And many of the mentioned ones look really bland in msfs...

On 1/19/2021 at 11:23 PM, B12 said:

but who lands in citys?

Helicopter pilots when they arrive in MSFS. :)

I would like to see both; Cityscapes and POI packs.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, GSalden said:

I prefer landmarks for the major cities for a complete country in one pack instead of having to buy 5-20 City Packs for each country

That's a good point!

On 1/20/2021 at 4:46 AM, GSalden said:

I prefer landmarks for the major cities for a complete country in one pack instead of having to buy 5-20 City Packs for each country....

A lot of work goes into doing custom landmarks for just one major city.  There are hundreds of custom points of interest in the already released Orbx Landmarks products (like London).  The same is true for the Drzewiecki Designs Landmark Cities (like Seattle and Moscow) which are also sold through Orbx Direct.  

IMHO, these are GREAT additions to MSFS and they really make the cities look more realistic.

I'm certainly not against a product that would add important landmarks to a large area, but I suspect a country size landmarks pack might be prohibitively expensive, given the large number of potential landmarks in a particular country.  How many "important" landmarks are in the UK?  Germany?  USA?  

In the True Earth packages there are Cityscapes and landmarks 

4 hours ago, Matt McGee said:

A lot of work goes into doing custom landmarks for just one major city.  There are hundreds of custom points of interest in the already released Orbx Landmarks products (like London).  The same is true for the Drzewiecki Designs Landmark Cities (like Seattle and Moscow) which are also sold through Orbx Direct.  

IMHO, these are GREAT additions to MSFS and they really make the cities look more realistic.

I'm certainly not against a product that would add important landmarks to a large area, but I suspect a country size landmarks pack might be prohibitively expensive, given the large number of potential landmarks in a particular country.  How many "important" landmarks are in the UK?  Germany?  USA?  

In the True Earth packages there are cityscapes for multiple cities and lots of landmarks around a country.

Why not start with what they have and compile that into MSFS scenery ?

If they can make agreements with the original developers......

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

In the True Earth packages there are Cityscapes and landmarks 

In the True Earth packages there are cityscapes for multiple cities and lots of landmarks around a country.

Indeed. Even the legacy FTX regions are full of landmarks, thus a NL, Germany, Norway, or Washington, California... packages shouldn't be too hard (at least not for professionals).

The more difficult question is, perhaps, if MS/Asobo decide to come out with a NL, Germany... World Update making all this work obsolete, a situation we might face for the London Addon soon.

Kind regards, Michael

On 1/20/2021 at 7:57 PM, Dusterman said:

Interesting that someone paid for Cityscape Portland, since it has always been freeware.

Could have sworn I paid for it ... but looking again in store it is indeed free, LOL

Thats my senior moments coming on I suppose :)

21 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

Landmarks series for countries would be nice but it woud make need for 4TB SSDs. 

I am not sure about this Piotr, because it is the photoreal ground imagery which is responsible for the large sizes of TE sceneries. Since these photoreal textures are already in MSFS by default, TE sceneries only have to include POIs and landmarks, which should not be that heavy on the size.

There's a lot wrong with the UK in MSFS, so if a third party dev came along to rectify and enhance areas, I'd be the first to buy the product. Things to change IMO would be , eradicate rediculious apartment blocks in small villages and across open countryside, remove rivers that are supposed to depict streams, remove trees across the tops of heather covered hills. Then of course work on local POIs.

Archived