Orbx NIR

I recently began to do a GSX profile for UK2000 Belfast International, whilst I was working on the profile I started to notice that there is a weird looking valley around the the east end of the airport. Is there a way to fix this so it is smooth and looks right. Also I have noticed when flying close to the ground some the photo scenery of the ground does  not match the real life area is this normal for the EU region packs. 

Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.01.11 - 20.15.33.72.png

13 hours ago, MadBenNI said:

Also I have noticed when flying close to the ground some the photo scenery of the ground does  not match the real life area is this normal for the EU region packs. 

Hi there,

Simple answer is yes, that's normal for this type of product.

Orbx produces 2 types of regional products. The True Earth series uses actual aerial photographs of the region.

The ones like FTX NIR use a land-class scenery which is based not on actual photos of the ground but on a set of ground textures trying the best to represent what's actually there (trees where there should be, towns where there should be, fields where there should be etc).

One thing I notice is that you have far less autogen (the 3d trees and buildings) visible outside the airport than I'm seeing.

You should check that you have the Orbx libraries installed. In Orbx Central got to the Global Tab for the relevant simulator (I'm assuming P3Dv4) and libraries are, I think, the last entry in the list.

If they are installed it would be worth doing a verify files for them.

Having all the autogen probably makes the mesh issue (the valley) you mentioned less obvious.

EGAA.thumb.jpg.2896097ae2a9adcf3398762d471f221c.jpg

What you are seeing there is the default P3D mesh. Usually the regional packs come with an improved mesh but, if memory serves correctly, there was a difficulty with obtaining suitable data for Ireland so the Irish regions didn't include an updated mesh.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

John

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MadBenNI said:

What it could be is that I have the NIR files below most of my scenery files

That's how it should be. The UK2000 airport should have a higher priority than the FTX NIR layers otherwise, as you say, you'll see two versions of the airport overlapping.

If you are still not seeing the autogen in my screenshot it would be worth verifying files for the FTX NIR scenery.

All the best,

John

Archived