Introducing Torp: Your new favourite airport!

Fantastic. Torp is always a nice airport flying to, but the scenery for it has been a bit dated for a while. :) 

Hopefully Finn Hansen will move on to the west coast when he is done with this. ENBR, ENHD and ENZV are all in bad need of some updated scenery. :) 

• Like 1

Very nice indeed

I would not duplicate people (avatars) right in the same scene like in picture #4, the girl in white and gray dress is twice and that kills the realism

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice indeed

I would not duplicate people (avatars) right in the same scene like in picture #4, the girl in white and gray dress is twice and that kills the realism

Cheers

Carlos

I share your sentiment Carlos.  The airport looks great, but duplication of those people models (only where the same models are close to one another), introduces unnecessary repetition and therefore breaks the immersion.  I would be grateful if the developers could take on this feedback.  Thanks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyWsays said:

I share your sentiment Carlos.  The airport looks great, but duplication of those people models (only where the same models are close to one another), introduces unnecessary repetition and therefore breaks the immersion.  I would be grateful if the developers could take on this feedback.  Thanks!

Agree

have you seen the beach of Saint Martin? Looks horrible :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Very nice indeed

Cheers

Carlos

That's her sister. Not a realism killer. And boy have we come a long way when the top airport complaint is the people inside the airport!

Edited by Seanmo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Agree

have you seen the beach of Saint Martin? Looks horrible :lol:

I'm not sure how "horrible" it feels to me when I pass over the crowd 50 feet above at 130 knots. Those three whole frames of "horrible" aren't that bad IMHO. 

Repetition in this kind of accessorial elements isn't some sort of laziness. It's for performance.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Abriael said:

I'm not sure how "horrible" it feels to me when I pass over the crowd 50 feet above at 130 knots. Those three whole frames of "horrible" aren't that bad IMHO. 

Repetition in this kind of accessorial elements isn't some sort of laziness. It's for performance.

I never said it was due to laziness otherwise I would not buy Orbx

I understand the performance issue but if so, just one is enough, duplicating gives other impression.

For me it is important as I not only fly in the scenery

I also "walk" along the whole scenery and check every single detail.

In P3D I climbed with the avatar the mountains in front of the airport of Milford Sound, yes it took a long time to swim with the whales and dolphins and climb every mountain until the very last one that faces the sea. Oh and the big one behind the airport too, I had a full view of it from very high from the avatar's eyes.

So flying over the crowd at 50 feet above at 130 knots in Saint Martin might certainly not be horrible but when you are on the beach with the crowd it definitely is, looks cheap

Maybe you don't immerse that deep into your sim but I do, I can spend more than 20 hrs on it, in a raw. Actually is 3:56 am here ;)

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr

Probably important to remember that Orbx is a flight simulation company.  Not an architectural or landscape modelling entity.  The scenery's purpose is to look as realistic as possible within the constraints of software and hardware, to a variety of pilots flying a variety of aircraft, in normal legal flying operations, whether that is RPT flights or weekend VFR jaunts.

Certainly when beta testing our focus is to look at the airport scenery from an aviator's point of view, rather than delving into every corner to see if every last detail has been rendered perfectly.

Agreed

Points of view and interests are varied, as the way each person enjoys things.

I have seen up to 4 times the same avatar in an Orbx scenery and this doesn't hold me from enjoying it under any perspective.

My intention was to say that avoiding some little things, the result could look better, at least for "that" niche of clients but if it is taken this way no problem at all.

With or without the duplication the airport is worthy, so let's celebrate it :)

Cheers

• Orbx unpinned and locked this topic