Jump to content

answered LOWI has speed bump on RWY (after snow was added?)


Recommended Posts

Yesterday I took off from LOWI after just having bought & installed it through the marketplace. Unfortunately halfway I got launched in the air through a speed bump, luckily i was at VR so I managed to keep it in the air.

 

Also noticed that some vehicles where below the surface, so maybe a layering issue?

 

Someone else who also experiences this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have posted the following also in the other "LOWI runway" thread:

 

All those runway issues are strange and I cannot reproduce it. I did run MSFS Standard via the MS Game Pass for the past 4 months and never ever had any problems with LOWI's runway, neither with the default nor with Orbx' version.  I had the windsocks and VASI issues though.  

10 day ago I did a complete uninstall of MSFS and then over Christmas a complete new install of MSFS Premium Deluxe using the boxed DVD set and all the necessary updates and patches via the internet. Again, the default LOWI ran flawlessly. 

Today I redownloaded and reinstalled Orbx' LOWI and still have not any runway issue with this aiport, no bumps (with or without snow). Even the VASIs are now fully functional again. I haven't checked the windsocks yet, completely forgot about them.

Edited by wolfko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, wolfko said:

I have posted the following also in the other "LOWI runway" thread:

 

All those runway issues are strange and I cannot reproduce it. I did run MSFS Standard via the MS Game Pass for the past 4 months and never ever had any problems with LOWI's runway, neither with the default nor with Orbx' version.  I had the windsocks and VASI issues though.  

10 day ago I did a complete uninstall of MSFS and then over Christmas a complete new install of MSFS Premium Deluxe using the boxed DVD set and all the necessary updates and patches via the internet. Again, the default LOWI ran flawlessly. 

Today I redownloaded and reinstalled Orbx' LOWI and still have not any runway issue with this aiport, no bumps (with or without snow). Even the VASIs are now fully functional again. I haven't checked the windsocks yet, completely forgot about them.

 

I have to correct myself. I did a bit of flying around LOWI yesterday and it seems as if only the VASI (PAPI) AT rwy 26 is working. At 08 it still only shows 4 white lights, no matter of the approach angle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 12/28/2020 at 10:48 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

This is most likely due to the presence of the Asobo version of LOWI.

If you remove that and try again, the problem should be gone.

That was ok before the latest MSFS update. If you remove Asobo version now you will not be able to load a flight anywhere in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BVG-951 said:

That was ok before the latest MSFS update. If you remove Asobo version now you will not be able to load a flight anywhere in the world.

Do not have this. Deleted Asobo LOWI and can load in anywhere…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I hadn't deleted anything, but strangely enough I have 0 folders in my official folder relating to an asobo or MS LOWI. Tbh I'm not sure what's happening, all I know is I have Orbx's LOWI working without the Asobo one, sorry I can't be more help.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

the method that worked up to now was to

either:

Delete the contents of OneStore\asobo-airport-lowi-innsbruck,

leaving the empty folder

or:

go to AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\content.xml and 

amend this line:

<Package name="asobo-airport-lowi-innsbruck" active="true"/>

to

<Package name="asobo-airport-lowi-innsbruck" active="false"/>

before saving the file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

MSFS has been changed so many times but for some time now, it has silently replaced all of its own content

when restarted, even though the user had disabled it in the Content Manager.

The two methods outlined above both work around this unfortunate behavior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

MSFS has been changed so many times but for some time now, it has silently replaced all of its own content

when restarted, even though the user had disabled it in the Content Manager.

The two methods outlined above both work around this unfortunate behavior.

 

However, they are not apparently proof against this update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...