Announcing TrueEarth Canary Islands for X-Plane 11 - with GCLA La Palma Airport!

On 12/24/2020 at 6:27 AM, agboeing15 said:

will this be compatible with fly-x's Fuertaventura and Lanzarote sceneries and just-sim's GCTS? looks amazing anyway!

They confirmed JustSim/DigitalDesign GCTS compatibility earlier in this very thread ;)

No idea about the FlyX products.

I just spent around two hours exploring Orbx Canary islands and I have been using Spain UHD canary islands for over a year.

Firstly...hats off to Team Orbx...

Wow...what a great world environment created.

So much attention to detail....the autogen....buildings....visual galore.

This is quite literally Orbx's greatest offering...especially for GA pilots...this is sim heaven.

It is really that good...

BUT....

Now please hear me out...

I only have one complaint and its a major one...

Gomera Island is just too green.

Gomera is greener at the perimeter around the volcano crater but on the peripheries is more earthy.

The Gomera in Orbx is just slimy green.

Please change the textures to more earthy colors. Spain UHD gomera is better.

Other than this complaint...the product is spectacular.

Please please please revert Gomera to more earthy brownish colors ...and this product will be perfect.

Thank you Orbx for this remarkable scenery.

Highly highly recommended.1690255656_Legacy_RG-2020-12-2608_34_46.thumb.png.a9ac8ff853a3b6f84a7d804c7a4e7363.png

8 minutes ago, Mogumogu said:

I just spent around two hours exploring Orbx Canary islands and I have been using Spain UHD canary islands for over a year.

Firstly...hats off to Team Orbx...

Wow...what a great world environment created.

So much attention to detail....the autogen....buildings....visual galore.

This is quite literally Orbx's greatest offering...especially for GA pilots...this is sim heaven.

It is really that good...

BUT....

Now please hear me out...

I only have one complaint and its a major one...

Gomera Island is just too green.

Gomera is greener at the perimeter around the volcano crater but on the peripheries is more earthy.

The Gomera in Orbx is just slimy green.

Please change the textures to more earthy colors. Spain UHD gomera is better.

Other than this complaint...the product is spectacular.

Please please please revert Gomera to more earthy brownish colors ...and this product will be perfect.

Thank you Orbx for this remarkable scenery.

Highly highly recommended.

Have you seen my post about Lanzarote? Same problem!

My issue with Gomera is that even though the island has greenery, it is more central and the peripheries, the outer rim of the island has earthy textures.

Now please look at this screenshot, where the island is more or less uniformly green all the way around. 

Gomera is out of place...all the other islands have a mixture of earthy and green textures...this entire island is green.

But after having said that, it is a great value for money package.

You get a fantastic airport Lapalma and exquisite orthoscenery....the finest.

All Orbx needs to do is add more earthy brownish coloring...

This is a very good value for money package!

1187073019_SF-260D-2020-12-269_36_20AM.thumb.png.1cf4db18d5fe2f73241f1aa39f979609.png

Overall I would say go for it...

This is an excellent

9783763348237b.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flyinggizmo said:

I've just purchased TE Canary Islands. Nobody else has mentioned it but I've got vehicles tearing around at breakneck speed, off road, up 80 degree inclines etc. It looks ridiculous. Also, why are there no stand numbers on the GCLA apron ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

scenery_packs.ini 4.77 kB · 0 downloads

Try putting "SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GCLA_LaPalma/" on top of everything else in the .ini . From the images it looks like you have a default airport there.

• Like 1

The fact that Orbx meticulously designed and placed the Roque de los Muchachos Astronomical 910595950_S-76C-2020-12-2619_17_49.thumb.png.a8f9c1ac430479998921d1da206cd54f.pngObservatory at the top of Los Muchachos rock mound on La Palma Island, at an elevation of 2400m ....tells you something about the amount of hard work and attention to detail that went into this product.

This scenery is magnificent and a dream for heli and GA pilots.

Wow!

Two thumbs up...keep up the great work team Orbx.

• Like 1

@Fizzelle couple of pictures of Lanzarote:

I dont know so much Lanzarote to say if it is realistic or not.

In general I am very happy with the product. I agree there are some issues with GCGM and GCHI (both greenish) that I am still analysing because of interference between packages. GCLA is excelent and also the scenaries in La Palma.

Lanzarote1.JPG

Lanzarote2.JPG

3 hours ago, Rylabics said:

@Fizzelle couple of pictures of Lanzarote:

I dont know so much Lanzarote to say if it is realistic or not.

In general I am very happy with the product. I agree there are some issues with GCGM and GCHI (both greenish) that I am still analysing because of interference between packages. GCLA is excelent and also the scenaries in La Palma.

Lanzarote1.JPG

Lanzarote2.JPG

I regret Lanzarote is a complete travesty of what this beautiful island should be. Did you see my photo examples? It's a very desert-like environment that is not in this Orbx product. 

Edited by Fizzelle
Corrected

35 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

I regret Lanzarote is a complete travesty of what this beautiful island should be. Did you see my photo examples? It's a very desert-like environment that is not in this Orbx product. 

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this... It's aerial imagery, hence the island looked like this at some point when the imagery was taken. Colours can depend on time of the year, weather conditions etc... but a plane flew over this island, took photos and this is what you're seeing in the sim, so Lanzarote looked like this at some point when the photos were taken. Same can be said about Bing imagery, google imagery, etc... at some point it was reality.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, basilem84 said:

But I confirm I have issues with FlyX Fuerteventura (please see attached picture)

Is there something am I missing ?

Thanks

Hmm.... this looks to me like FlyX Fuertaventura has flattening enabled on the airport which would cause something like this. I'm afraid I can't confirm as I don't have this product. Did this product include its own mesh?

Colours of landscapes sometimes can look completely different from high altitudes than they look from ground level. I first realized that when flying over Autralia's Red Centre and seeing Uluru in midst of vast dirty brownish-grey plains, whereas when looking from ground level (and low altidude flight) the soil colours of these plains is a bright orange red.

Aerial imagery used for Google Maps, Bing etc. and subsequently used for flightsim sceneries is mostly taken from satellites or high flying planes, so can differ in colours from how a scenery looks from ground level.

Also, for what ever reason, many photos used by Google Maps or Bing have an unnatural greenish hue, which unfortunately can be seen in many areas of the world within MSFS.

Edited by wolfko

30 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this... It's aerial imagery, hence the island looked like this at some point when the imagery was taken. Colours can depend on time of the year, weather conditions etc... but a plane flew over this island, took photos and this is what you're seeing in the sim, so Lanzarote looked like this at some point when the photos were taken. Same can be said about Bing imagery, google imagery, etc... at some point it was reality.

But there has been some serious colour or texture manipulation by Orbx. If you look carefully at the last 2 screenshots in my other topic (link is above), you'll see repeating tiles textures and small white dots. That wasn't taken by any aeroplane!

In my opinion, Orbx should de-saturate the green and add some brown and orange to those volcanoes.  Whilst I have seen some green when living on the island, I have never seen it anything like this.

Let's have a look at the RAW image, compare that to what Orbx has done to it, then we'll talk and I will pipe down!

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

Colours of landscapes sometimes can look completely different from high altitudes than they look from ground level. I first realized that when flying over Autralia's Red Centre and seeing Uluru in midst of vast dirty brownish-grey plains, whereas when looking from ground level (and low altidude flight) the soil colours of these plains is a bright orange red.

I'm currently trying to work this one out. Looking at Fizelle's shots, his colours are much greener/yellower and darker than mine are. So I'm not sure what's going on. Yes, there are colour differences on various sources as can clearly be seen if you check Google or Bing, but nothing as dramatic as the colour changes shown in his shots. The original source imagery as well matches the colours I'm seeing in the sim and they're not as green/yellow as they are in his shots. The colours I'm seeing match better the real-life shots he has taken from the ground.

As for Bing, I suspect what they do is colour balance aerial imagery to higher level satelite imagery. You can see this in MFS, especially in places like the UK where everything is a very darkish green colour that comes from the satellite imagery colours and not the aerial.. I think this is also why places like Lanzarote look quite green in MFS as well, since their satellite imagery is actually quite greenish

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wolfko said:

Aerial imagery used for Google Maps, Bing etc. and subsequently used for flightsim sceneries is mostly taken from satellites or high flying planes, so can differ in colours from how a scenery looks from ground level.

Also, for what ever reason, many photos used by Google Maps or Bing have an unnatural greenish hue, which unfortunately can be seen in many areas of the world within MSFS.

There are a multitude of factors as to reasons for Aerial Imagery taken from an Aircraft may look different in colour. Pattern of flight lines, Sun Angle, Season, Weather, Atmospherics and Altitude and the type of Sensor used all play a part.

• Like 2

Thank you Tony for your fantastic product!

The Canary Islands are stunning, I'm not a frequent x-plane pilot but immediately I have purchased this region as I found as it's released!

So far I had a chance to take a reconnaissance flight around Lanzarote and please see my comparison with photos from 2008 which I taken with a cheap camera that time. Somehow it might be related with UV as they are quite pinkish, anyway, according to other's issues with too much green I don't find any problem on my screen at all.

For me all looks great!

What we have to take in consideration is the stitching Bing tiles from different time and probably what you have done. 

If I'm correct this is Bing not Google and Bing is always to green which you can be find in comparison with desert Google satellite imaginary. When I compared this area with Esri again only Google looks very deserted at z18, in my opinion too much.

Thank you again for your fantastic work and keep going!

01_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.41.10.jpg

02_DSCF0508.JPG

03_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.44.35.jpg

04_DSCF0505.JPG

05_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.53.38.jpg

06_DSCF0774.JPG

07_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.53.08.jpg

08_DSCF0745.JPG

09_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.54.27.jpg

10_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.56.03.jpg

11_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.57.58.jpg

12_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.58.24.jpg

13_Cessna_172SP_G1000 - 2020-12-27 23.58.39.jpg

• Like 1

I also have problems with GCTS (justsim). Only way to make aipron correct is add line 1302 flatten on apt.dat file. I don't have any additional scenery for that area than Orbx. Scenery.ini is like installer arranged it. If I don't add that flatten line, every gate is uphill and not straight.

I am hesitant to purchase this scenery because of the compatibility issues with just sim's GCTS, Fly-x's GCFV and MK studios' GCRR, I would really love to for the true-earth on the islands as it looks great but I don't want to risk issues with my third party pay ware add-on airports that already come with some tiles, GCRR covering the whole island. Should I get it?

On 12/29/2020 at 8:28 PM, Bombachek said:

I was a little worried Orbx would stop developing scenery for X plane.....because of the giant MSFS market potential ...so I am happy with this scenery and state my plea:

PLEASE PLEASE keep the great stuff coming for X planers as well THANX

I'll second that!