Announcing TrueEarth Canary Islands for X-Plane 11 - with GCLA La Palma Airport!

Actually, it's just a thought - how long will you be holding the discount for from the 26th? It's just that I won't be able to access the Orbx Central software to download this scenery on my PC until I get back from the Christmas break on the 2nd of January?

Is there any way of paying for it without using Orbx Central using my iPad and then download it after my return?

Edited by orbmoke
Grammar correction

47 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

Actually, it's just a thought - how long will you be holding the discount for from the 26th? It's just that I won't be able to access the Orbx Central software to download this scenery on my PC until I get back from the Christmas break on the 2nd of January?

Is there any way of paying for it without using Orbx Central using my iPad and then download it after my return?

You can purchase through the website directly and then download later with Orbx Central. The discount will run till the 29th December.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Word not allowed!:)

Always enjoy the challenge of getting into La Palma, but XP11 has been sidelined off my PC.

Can only fit 2 out of the 3 major Sims on the system.

This looks good enough to get me trying to find a way to put XP11 back on!

TTM

Hi TTM

I have XPlane on a 1 TB Samsung T5  Portable SSD. It uses a USB 3.0  connection and works like a charm :)

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, renault said:

Hi TTM

I have XPlane on a 1 TB Samsung T5  Portable SSD. It uses a USB 3.0  connection and works like a charm :)

Cheers

Pete

I found XP11 on an SSD too. Hooked up & currently updating TE GB regions. Fingers crossed.

Tell me, how does one tell if a USB slot is 3.0 or 2.0?

Is there a symbol that differentiates them?

I think I have USB 2.0 & 3.0 on the PC, but not sure which is which.

Slots in the front & back

Cheers

TTM

33 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

This is 60cm

That's a disappointment,  was hoping for better resolution than that.

So then, how green is Lanzarote? I'm sensitive to this as I practically lived there pre-lockdown.

Edited by Fizzelle
Additional bit

15 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I found XP11 on an SSD too. Hooked up & currently updating TE GB regions. Fingers crossed.

Tell me, how does one tell if a USB slot is 3.0 or 2.0?

Is there a symbol that differentiates them?

I think I have USB 2.0 & 3.0 on the PC, but not sure which is which.

Slots in the front & back

Cheers

TTM

Blue is usb 3 plug, black is usb 2.x

13 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

So then, how green is Lanzarote? I'm sensitive to this as I practically lived there pre-lockdown.

It's not green, i.e. looks good to me and as it should be.

13 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

That's a disappointment,  was hoping for better resolution than that.

60cm is high resolution already, if you go down to 30cm all you will get is a scenery that is 4 times the size that looks the same and video cards running out of RAM because nobody can run it smoothly. The increase in size and disk-space requirements wouldn't be worth it and X-Plane will simply make everything blurry if you force in too much. Also, bare in mind this has a high resolution mesh as well that really brings out every detail in the landscape.

• Like 4

On 12/18/2020 at 10:26 PM, Tony Wroblewski said:

This is 60cm

Approx 30gb

It is great that you are using ZL18. I found that doing Helicopter flight over the Balearic Islands, the high resolution did enhance the experience a lot.

ZL18 is a great choice.

(Would be awesome if we had True Earth Taiwan in ZL18 for X-Plane someday. It is 36.193 km² but the True Earth Washington release had 237,956 km² in ZL17. So True Earth Taiwan in ZL18 would require less disk space than True Earth Washington in ZL17.)

Good news for Christmas! I am happy to hear that the airport GCLA will be improved!

As I fly very often in this region I would like to ask some questions:

• As I understood the package includes the mesh of 9 islands and only one airport (GCLA), the other airports (GCXO, GCTX, GCLP, GCHI, GCGM, etc.) are not included, right? => case not is there a plan to include them in the near future?
  • In the "official" version of GCLA I have a lot of problems with AI traffic and also with the textures of the runways. That happens also in GCHI, GCGM and GCXO. I hope that your package is an improvement with respect to AI traffic. 
  • I use a lot traffic global, could you please tell me if the package will be compatible with traffic global? I mean will it allow AI traffic?
  • Does the package offer the possibility of choosing between installing static and non static aircraft?
  • Is this mesh compatible with Spain UHD or case not is it an improvement of Spain UHD? I am using Spain UHD and I am very happy with it.

Thanks in advance!!

Like all TrueEarth products, it should provide mesh (including elevation data), photoreal ground textures, autogen, and an additional overlay package for custom POI objects. It's definitely a replacement for SpainUHD (provided you give the Orbx scenery pack higher priority). It should be possible to use SpainUHD mesh and textures with the autogen and overlay from Orbx, but you'd be skipping half of the product :-)