Announcing Landmarks Singapore City Pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Looks good, and I will probably buy this even though I already have a competitive product. I would add a suggestion if I may though. Well, two actually. First is that the default MSFS Marina Bay hotel is pretty good, actually better than the one the competitor produced (same with the big wheel), so maybe an option to turn the new one (which I assume will be part of the package) on/off as desired?

Secondly, and I've no idea if this is even possible as I know nothing about whatever modelling tools are used for these products, one of the things that would make these building based sceneries absolutely masterful would be an element of slight wear or tarnish to the structures. Some of the buildings look like they're made of icing sugar and have just been baked - fresh out of the oven. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking this or any other product, and I truly appreciate the effort that goes into these sceneries, but if it is possible to take some of the "shine" off some of the buildings, I think it would increase the realism enormously.

That apart, please roll out more cityscapes! Photogrammetry is ok as long as you stay up above a couple of thousand feet, but if you want to really see a place up close it has to be modelled.

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

First is that the default MSFS Marina Bay hotel is pretty good, actually better than the one the competitor produced (same with the big wheel), so maybe an option to turn the new one (which I assume will be part of the package) on/off as desired?

We're actually keeping the five default landmark objects in Singapore -- they are of very good quality indeed -- but are adding things that are missing like night lighting, rooftop vegetation, etc.

but if it is possible to take some of the "shine" off some of the buildings, I think it would increase the realism enormously.

Fair point, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers, Holger

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Andy,

We're actually keeping the five default landmark objects in Singapore -- they are of very good quality indeed -- but are adding things that are missing like night lighting, rooftop vegetation, etc.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the response, Holger, and this just confirms that I'll be waiting for this to come out with my ccard at the ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Andy,

Cheers, Holger

Long time no see Holger. Good to see that you are still on board. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

for those who are engaged in the off topic discussion, your new topic is here:

Nick, not looking to start anything here but I really don't think my post could be considered "off-topic" - I simply asked if an aspect of this product could be considered while it was still under development, and Holger actually confirmed my thoughts in his specific reply.

I am so happy to see you guys at Orbx are finally doing stuff for Asia! This region has been neglected for so long and it's great to see some TLC for it! This will definitely be a day-1 purchase for me as well as any other Asian stuff you guys are going to release! Keep up the fabulous work!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

What happened with this one?

There has not been any update on its status :(  was announced almost a month ago.

I know you notify when launched but I check daily (several times a day) for not missing it :lol:

Thanks

Carlos

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Paul Ozzman said:

Which airport?

Hope the Orbx team doesn't mind me mentioning it since it's another dev (but it was already mentioned above even if the date changed, so I hope it's fine). I recently heard from Imaginesim, and they also plan to release WSSS in February. Perfect match :D

Almost feels like a new partnership in the making...

Edited by Abriael
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 7:52 AM, Abriael said:

Hope the Orbx team doesn't mind me mentioning it since it's another dev (but it was already mentioned above even if the date changed, so I hope it's fine). I recently heard from Imaginesim, and they also plan to release WSSS in February. Perfect match :D

Almost feels like a new partnership in the making...

4 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Time for some new screenshots, getting very close to release candidate testing.

Havant team getting comfortable with the parallax textures with our hero-assets.

Awesome shots Ed

Worth the waiting

Just bought Paris :)

12 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Haha yeah I noticed that. Looks like a partnership WAS in the making, just not the one I expected :D

I'm actually curious, since now Orbx has partnered with Cloudsurf, will there be any compatibility between Orbx's Singapore City and theirs?

Edited by Abriael

The screenshots look amazing and very up to date with many recent buildings included, but from what I've seen it lacks The Sail and Marina Bay Financial Center, at least. These are very prominent in the skyline when viewed from marina bay sands for example, so just curious if these are also going to get added or not? 

On 12/12/2020 at 4:56 PM, bvdboomen said:

I've been in Singapore and Sydney, so they probably will be among the first purchases after I jumped to MSFS.

I second that, totally. And I am sure Ben and I would be able to supply dozens or real pictures from these magnificient sceneries, err, cities.