Orbx Airport Detail Conflicts with Other Airport Packages?

I have a number of UK2000 detailed add-ons for some UK airports.  I also have some UK 'wide area' scenery add-ons (e.g. JustFlight Area 3 - England - and Area 4 - Scotland).  Disatisfied with the colour rendition of the wide-area scenery in flight between UK airports, and following up a suggestion on an AVSIM forum, I installed Orbx scenery for England.  The detail and colour rendering of the in-flight scenery was much better, but there are significant clashes between the airport detail embedded in the Orbx product and the airport specific add-ons.  There were also issues with in-cockpit views 'greying out' when switching view from inside to outside and back again.  Have I to completely disable one or the other or, since the Orbx files load in my FSX-SE scenery library in separate 'packages', can I resolve these conflicts by switching off one or more of the individual Orbx file packages?

Hello,

EU England contains airports that should be disabled if using another developer's addon airports.

You will find them all in the ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery folder.

They are all identified by ICAO code and can be renamed or moved out of that folder to disable them.

Typically there will be three files for each airport.

Thank you very much Nick, I'll do that.  If I'd engaged my brain I might have worked some of this out before posting my query.  Ity will teach me (again) not to install new software at the end of the day.  Amongst other mistakes I had failed to move the other airports up the scenery list to be above the Orbx files.  Please could you tell me what is in the other Orbx file folders installed in the FSX-SE scenery library - there are 4 'folders', one of which is labelled scenery.  From memory, one is 'Custom' but I can't recall the other names.

Andrew

Archived