Rhoda

Rhoda

Hi I'm having a blonde moment - because of issues with MSFS 2020 I decided to reload FSX and Orbx Central with some new purchases.  FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration down loaded into C drive Program Files (x86)\Games\FSX.  Ran FSX and ran OK.  Downloaded Orbx Central and purchased Base; Vector; Trees and England.  Clicked Install as per Central instructions for each of them - they are located in C drive Program Files(x86)\Games\FSX\Orbx.

When I load the game the new Orbx files "appear" to located in the Scenery file as Orbx Central installed them, BUT when you enter the game there is no scenery improvement.  The recommended settings for graphics are correct my system is Intel i7 CPU 3.5 GHz 32 GB RAM latest version Windows 10 Nvidia GTX Titan video card.

I have gone back into Orbx Central and "validated" the files but to no avail. 

Please note:- when I loaded the FSX programs - at the end when it came to validation, there was an error message each time you entered the game.  I corrected the issue with Regedit as it was - part mgr not being capitalised ie Part Mgr.  I did this AFTER I had down loaded the Orbx files - could that be my problem?

Do you have any suggestions please :D

Thank you Nick for your quick response.  I'm on the right path I'd just forgotten what improvements your products made to FSX and the order in which they are added to make those improvements. The trouble with living in Australia, we live up side down to you guys lol.  I hadn't downloaded enough programs yet to see the real improvements.  Unfortunately when I cleaned the computer to upgrade to Windows 10 and MSFS 2020, I lost a lot of my email confirmations of purchases from Flight Sim Store (and of course they are now defunct) because I had collected dozens and dozens of your products since Orbx inception, so I'm starting over again until MSFS 2020 is more stable and user friendly.

Archived