terrain.dll CTD

sonny147

hello all, i,am just curious I have  Orbx sceneries global base, europeLC ,england ,vector, scotland,hd trees, terraflora v2 all installed in v5. I aslo have black marble base , vector, extended lights and stargazer installed.i made the necessary tweaks to have  them both running side by side. however since v5 hotfix 2 iam getting constant   ctd with terrain.dll being the culprit. i know there are many forum posts with regards to Orbx and black marble integration , but could it be when i refresh black marble after reinstalling or verifying Orbx files , there could be a conflict causing the terrain dll crash. sorry its a bit long winded and i will also ask the same question on black marble forum , thanks 

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem but I don’t have black marble.  Terrain.dll crashes all the time. I’ve added Terraflora v2 and Orbx Trueearth products to my library and suspect they are the culprit or the hot fix itself. They were the only changes I’ve made recently. I did a clean install of P3D and tried only Orbx. I did a clean install of P3D and tried minimal add ons. Testing more today.

• 1 month later...

Same thing here. I usually get the terrain.dll's ctd shortly after takeoff. I do not have true earth installed, but do have terraflora and HD trees. Here is what is showing in my event viewer.

Faulting application name: PREPAR3D.EXE, version: 5.1.12.26829, time stamp: 0x5fb44f72
Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 5.1.12.26829, time stamp: 0x5fb44edf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000009490d
Faulting process id: 0x3b0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7024062856309
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\PREPAR3D.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\terrain.dll
Report Id: 81ab8fbb-cb0e-4294-ab1f-96775b300078
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Archived