Volanta Development Update #1: DCS World and more!

image5.png

Hi all,

Wow, what an exciting few weeks since we announced Volanta! Our team is thankful to all of you who signed up. We’ll be in touch very soon with steps to gain access to the invite-only beta

The feedback we’ve been receiving from everyone has been great. With this, we’ve been able to implement some of the most requested features and shape our roadmap for the future.

We’re starting with small numbers of invites to ensure everything is stable, then we’ll invite more people in batches. We’re excited to give you all access!

Our team has been working hard (and expanding!) since the announcement. Here are some new features we’ve added:

• Support for two of the simulators most requested by our community: DCS World and Aerofly FS 2.

• Many of you asked for more control over the aircraft in your account. We added the ability to add images to your aircraft, and have them viewable on the map. We’ll be adding more features here in the coming weeks.
    image1.png

image2.png

• Volanta offers many possibilities for visualising your data. When clicking on airports, you can now see how many flights you’ve done there, as well as statistics from all Volanta users.

image4.png

• Importing data into Volanta was a very common request. We’ve improved the importing UI, and will be ensuring it’s extra robust at launch.

image3.png

As a reminder, if you haven’t already signed up for the invite-only beta, it isn’t too late! If you’re interested in Volanta and want to learn more, please see our first announcement.

The Volanta Team

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kvuo75 said:

fleet should also show the icao where you left each aircraft for those of us that keep aircraft continuity and want to see at a glance where all your fleet is parked

Good point - we actually do store this data (and had it shown on the aircraft list in our original announcement). We'll make sure to add that back.

You can also see all of your aircraft locations on the map after clicking on Aircraft:

image.png

• Like 3

I have another suggestion, something I am dreaming of for some time.

It would be great, if there will be a possibility to import a flightplan and show it split for each waypoint, with possibility to write for each waypoint:
1) Estimated Time Over waypoint
2) Actual Time Over Waypoint
3) Fuel Used
4) Fuel onboard

This means, for each waypoint, estimated fuel should be shown as well, for example from Simbrief's OFP.
This would make it possible to make fuel checks directly in the software.

Best regards
Marek Mysior

• Like 1

Question: Can you support aircraft carrier / LHA / frigate / destroyer ship-borne operations in DCSW?

Related: helo ops would like some love, too ;)

Another pleasantly surprised vote of support for DCS World - now i'm REALLY looking forward to Volanta as I spend most of my flight time in DCS.

• Like 1

Love what I see so far! As a request feature, would it be possible to import manually? I've been keeping track of my flights via an Excel Logbook with all the details. Would love to finally move all of that over to a system like this. Even having the option to do it manually would be great.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

well i gotta say the community discord is super helpful.  Jumped right onto my query so quick, that i decided to just wait around for 3 hours for fun.

Sarcasm - but yeah, i see it's dead.  Thank you.

I'll let the DCS community know as there are quite a few trying to get it to work - no announcement, no post that it is dead so, we just kept trying.

Thanks.

On 2/26/2023 at 11:03 PM, Tyger said:

well i gotta say the community discord is super helpful.  Jumped right onto my query so quick, that i decided to just wait around for 3 hours for fun.

Sarcasm - but yeah, i see it's dead.  Thank you.

I'll let the DCS community know as there are quite a few trying to get it to work - no announcement, no post that it is dead so, we just kept trying.

Thanks.

Hi,

This post is from over two years ago so you wont get much of a reply here. The Discord it is community based support which 90% of issues can be resolved however for cases that cannot be all official support needs to go through to the official support channels located here https://orbx.to/volanta-support. In regards to DCS there is an Announcement within the FAQ channel which explains we are currently investigating some of the issues to do with DCS world and will update once there is a fix.

I will be locking this topic due to it's age however please do open a ticket if you need any more help.

• Guest locked this topic