Introducing KSJC San Jose International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator

9 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Interesting choice.

Looks like Filou took some of the promo shots. (He is the master of the 'out of focus' drone shot:))

Which of the Orbx development teams is doing this one?

TTM

One of our teams in Havant which were the original developers. Karl Hoybe looked after the jetway integration, quite the task with number of them and different configurations.

4 hours ago, JEP795 said:

Hi is this going to be available on the MSFS store? I've noticed products like the Sydney Cityscape and Hollywood Burbank aren't there and was wondering if there's a reasoning behind that. 

Regards, 

Jonathan

Yes it will be. There has been delays with Sydney and LOWG due to file size limitations in the Marketplace ingestion which we are working with Microsoft to overcome. KBUR is awaiting Matteo to rebuild so as to optimise the scenery performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 2:28 PM, rolandalder said:

Looking forward to installing KSJC

But I will wait with making any Orbx MSFS purchases before they've managed to figure out the issues at KBUR.

Roland

Did you check it after the 1.10.8.0 update?  I had a frame drop overall after the update and once I sorted that out and was getting very solid frames again - went back to check KBUR and it magically resolved itself.
( KBUR on my machine was unplayable before, as well )

Yep that would be smart. No necessarily a hight rebate but personaly, i barely had the time to enjoy the P3D version...

Dom

Now saying that, i also understand the developer has worked two times here and i have no idea how it is possible to port a P3D scenery in MSFS.

Edited by MasonDominique

On 11/5/2020 at 12:03 AM, ravenn22 said:

Did you check it after the 1.10.8.0 update?  I had a frame drop overall after the update and once I sorted that out and was getting very solid frames again - went back to check KBUR and it magically resolved itself.
( KBUR on my machine was unplayable before, as well )

Also, just picked up SJC and did a test run - no noticeable perf impact and it was fairly cloudy, so that's a good sign. Looks pretty nice on quick inspection.

Any chance Orbx is going to get the many developers to upgrade the P3dv4 scenery's that haven't been upgraded to V5.1? It feels like everyone is just skipping over the hop scotch board straight to MSFS.

I personally own $300 worth of Orbx scenery that are unusable at the present time.

Edited by rsmith6621a

13 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

There is a 20% discount for P3D customers. 

I also did not see any indication of the 20% discount on the KSJC MSFS product page. I purchased it for MSFS in Orbx Central, paid full $24.99AUD even though I already owned the P3D version. I just thought the discount was no longer offered since it was not mentioned in the release announcement.

Edited by scubaboy