SKCL (cali airport) Airport elevation issues

coolgovind180

So as per this topic:  

I had disabled AEC corrections for all my airports....and was doing a flight from bogota to cali....and while on approach i noticed that the entire airport was situated in a hole!! my landing ofcourse was not successful!! dissapointed..i exited fsx ....enabled aec correction for SKCL (cali airport?) and then again..checked and found that airport elevation issue is fixed!! I mean in the topic that i attached..it was mentioned that if i dont use any other meshes...then i dont need to enable AEC corrections for all airports and can safely disable it for all airports..accordingly i did that..but now i found that disabling AEC correction can lead to this! As mentioned in the link i attached....i dont want to enable AEC corrections for any airports as it disables my airports which have been updated with fsx world navaids package....could some one pkease tell em what is the solution for this? what can be done! its like a dilemma..

regards

govind

thank you nick for the response. The fsx world navaid package is used so that all my airports are up todate with correct runway numbers and frequencies....So nick what do you propose in such a situation? You mentioned in the earlier topic that i attached that, i can safely disable AEC corrections for all the airports in fsx provided i use the Orbx mesh only....I have installed open LC south america along with free SA mesh avaialble....can this cause the issue that i noticed? enabling AEC correction ofocurse corrects the elevation issue....however but this will lead to runways being 01/19 instead of the real 02/20 as its now in real airport which is corrected by fsx world navaid package...so its like a conflict..is there any way i can fix this issue by keeping fsx world navaid package?

Also just adding to what i mentioned..the fsx world navaid package doesnt modify the airport elevation right? it only updates navaids, frequencies, runway numbers etc.  so it cant change the airport elevation right?

Hello,

the default version is several hundred feet too low.

Vector corrects this but has the old runway numbers.

"fsx world navaid package" corrects the runway numbers but has the default incorrect elevation.

You could probably remove the added mesh and resolve the problem that way.

So you mean to say this mesh is causing the issue?

https://orbxdirect.com/product/olcmesh-sa

DO i need to remove it?  This mesh definitely enhances the look of SA with open lc..it looks so nice....so basically its a compromise...i have to either choose fsx world navaid package airport with new runways and correct elevation myself...or i must enable AEC for this airport and correct runway numbers myself..isnt it? will removing this mesh solve any issue?

Hello,

the default airport is several hundred feet too low.

When you add the mesh, you raise the surrounding terrain to the correct level.

The airport remains at its excessively low elevation and therefore is in a hole.

If you remove the mesh, the surrounding terrain will return to the level of the airport,

it will no longer be in a hole and you can use your "fsx world navaid package".

If you wish to keep the mesh and see the airport at the same level, you will need to

use the Vector AEC and then you will see the old runway numbers.

You might be lucky and find that a freeware developer has produced a copy of this

airport with both the correct elevation and the new runway numbers.

The last option is to modify the airport yourself, to raise it to the correct elevation.

To do that, you will need to learn how to use the Airport Design Editor.

The choice is yours to make.

Dear Nick... 

As suggested by you... 

I went ahead and changed the airport elevation to 959.64m in my stock airport.  And then compiled and saw that an ALT file was created in scenery /world/scenery folder... However once I loaded fsx.. I found that the airport is like a few ft above the ground.. Like now it looks like area around airport is sunken.... Wht am I ding wrong..? Also to the right side of runway 19...i see some building patch that looks like a misfit.. Could you please send a screenshot of how Cali airport looks in your side with fsx global, vector open lc sa  in top down view on runway 19? I see a wierd building patch to the right.... 

Also what am I doing wrong in elevation fix? 

Hello,

please make sure that you do actually have the openLC mesh installed.

To check, look inside ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_SA1\Scenery.

You should see 36 items, all named !OLC_SA_mesh_xx.bgl.

Once you have done that, remove all your own SKCL files and add the three

attached files to your installation.

Put SKCL_ADEX_NC.bgl and SKCL_ADEX_NC_CVX.bgl into ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_SA1\Scenery and

SKCL_ADEX_NC_ALT.bgl into scenery\world\scenery.

You should then see this

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

SKCL_ADEX_NC.bgl SKCL_ADEX_NC_ALT.bgl SKCL_ADEX_NC_CVX.bgl

thanks nick for the response. Are you sure there are 36 mesh related items in open LC SA1 folder...i see only 19...you must have meant total there are 36 entries in that folder which i do see...

Now i did install he bgl files as you said..elevation issue was fixed (which was even fixed by using AEC correction in vector) but the runway numbers are 1/19...I wanted to modify the airport elevation in the fsx bgl file provided fsx world navaid package so that i can get the updated runway numbers....thats why i asked how to fix this....but even with your bgl file ..i see  patch of building to the right side of runway 19...Is this expected? I will show you an image for reference...its like a misfit...a set of buildings to the right.....you can see it in photo....

It will be good to confirm two things:

1. Why such a patch of buildings exist?

2. Anyway to update field elevation in my fsx bgl coming with fsx world navaid package so that i can use that bgl with updated runways and accurate elevation?

IMG_20201030_130537.jpg

Thanks Nick.. 

I just wanted to confirm whether you are seeing the same at your end too? 

It just looks like a misfit and not an anomaly at my end.... In real google Earth also there are buildings to right side.. But in the photo I attached.. It looks like some picture of buildings is pasted on top of grass! Shouldn't there be buildings placed there instead?  Isnt this what open lc do? Could. You please clarify? 

Archived