Orbx Central cannot find X Plane on an external drive

Good afternoon all,

X Plane and Orbx have been working well up till now. I just purchased the Oregon Pack and it installed into my X Plane 11 on an external drive (E). When I opened XP it kept giving me errors on the Oregon install. I went to Orbx Central to delete the folders and re install but there was no connection to my XP folder. What I did get was a link to my D Drive for XP but there is no XP on this drive. It did find MSFS on the D Drive but not the XP on E. Any help would be appreceated as I do not want to re install XP again.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

You need to make sure that the path to your XP installation is correctly shown in Orbx Central. Orbx Central reads the installation location from the file at the bottom of the folder Users/your name/AppData/Local and is called x-plane_install_11

This is what my file shows:

Capture1.JPG.55c84ac054ed2e161bd784d24ad88b59.JPG

I also direct you to the Installing True earth write up I did in case Oregon has not fully installed. Pay particular attention to the location of your Temp folder which will house your download and then have the extraction process to house, possibly needing over 100Gb of free space before installing onto your XP drive which requires 220GB for the installation.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived