Victa Problems

Lezzall

Hi,
I have recently purchased the Victa Airtourer and installed it directly from your website.Unfortuneately although the download completed succesfully there were some errors where apparently 5 files failed to extract.
The aircraft flys ok and the analogue instuments are working [except the slip indicator] but if I attempt to change to another aircraft during flight the Sim [FSX] crashes to desktop the same thing happens when I shut down the Sim in the normal manner leaving me with a C++ error message just to cheer me up.I have installed this aircraft on both Win10 and Win7 with same result.

Best regards Les

PC                    CPU             GRAPHICS         Windows10 Pro    FSX

ASUS Sabretooth Z77   Intel i7 3770   Nvidia 660 Ti    v2004            Deluxe       

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Hi, welcome to the forums

For the installation error please try this.

Go to settings\downloader and clear the temp location.

Then go to the location you designated for backups and delete the specific products folder.

Then go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

Then try reinstalling.

Thanks a lot Doug I follwed your instructions and the installation error did not reappear.Unfortuneately the shut down problem is still there but I guess I can live with that if all else fails.Thanks again.

Best regards Les

Interesting.  I searched my computer for a similar pathway to the one your error is reporting but nothing came up.  Your error message is quoting f:\dd\vctools etc.  Is f:\ a drive on your computer with that file structure in place?

Anyway I'd also recommend uninstalling the plane and reinstalling to a different location, if it's installed into a library then change to the sim location and vice versa.

Also check that your .NET framework is v4.0 or greater and reinstall/update it just to be sure.

Thanks for your input John.I have several H/Ds running on my PC f:\ being one of them,running Win8.1 and FSX is installed on that drive,but I can make no sense of the structure f:\dd etc..Net Framework 4.8 is the version on my main and only Win10 FSX Drive.I will try uninstalling the Victa as suggested.

Archived