GB South - Needles and lighthouse missing?

ic0n

I wonder whether there's something wrong with my scenery-packs.ini file - or something else. The Needles are just flat islands, and there's no Needles lighthouse. I previously downloaded the demo area, and the lighthouse was there - I remember because I landed on it! Have I not got Orb-X GB South installed correctly?

Edit to add - this is my .ini file. There's a few airports/fields that I've created at the top - perhaps that's upsetting something?

scenery_packs.ini

Edited by ic0n

@ic0n  To me your "INI" file looks okay.

FWIW - I have Needles. Must have been a TE GB South update put out, or a "Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports" update with Needles included, but then again I don't remember updating. Old Timers disease, I guess.

Check and see if you have updates outstanding.

X-Plane 2020-10-25 19-42-47.jpg

@ic0nIt was fixed in the TEGB South update which also introduced the new file of TEGB South Airports.

The lighthouse issue was/is contained in the TEGB South Airports folder now and that folder should be above Global Airports as you have it. You could try placing it right at the top of the scenery_packs.ini. Also run the Verify Files option for TEGB South

I also suggest you read through the linked topic as it covers the issue you are referring to and alsoi n i posted a pre-update mod that made sure Needles stood as a standalone addon. Take note of the required XP settings mentioned in the topic posts.

Ah, damn - I searched using Google but not the forum's own search function! I do indeed have the 'World Objects' slider set below 'High' in order to get the FPS out of my old computer that I need for VR. I tried increasing the setting in non-VR, and there it is!

I was interested to read that the settings for this particular airport require this setting because the underlying object's 'Show with' property is set to '6 Totally Insanse', unlike most other things. I have some experience making airports in WED so I would happily edit it to reduce that, or even the .xml file's 'show_level', but I'm puzzled as to where it (EGLH) actually is.  Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports\objects\lighthouses doesn't contain it (only Longships, Wolf Rock and Bishop's Rock) so I don't know where it's hidden!

8 hours ago, Sentry11 said:

Thank  you  @ic0n

@Jon Clarke   This is where the problem with "Bishop's Rock Lighthouse" may be. Two ocurrences of it, one in "Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports" and the other in

"Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom"

That's very interesting. I wonder if that's behind the issue?

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

@Tony Wroblewski Any comment Tony on the latest observations?

Apologies, we are confusing the issue a bit! Sentry11 has pointed out that EGBR - Bishop's Rock, which is the subject of my other thread, seems to have two sets of data associated with it, which might possibly explain the collision problem.

This thread was started about EGLH - Needles lighthouse which only appears when the 'World Objects' setting is at least 'High' (unlike, say, Bishop's Rock). This seems like it should be fixable. I have actually tried 'High' on my system in VR and it will just about hold its own, but 'd prefer to drop it a notch for better FPS.

• 9 months later...

I do not see the lighthouse or the Needles using the demo package when in VR.

I shouldn't have to set the number of world objects to high in order to see a specified airport.

Is it that is now moved into the airport's file? I do not see that in the demo package?

Thanks

The demo pack is not a complete addon. I do know however that in order to see the full contents of a True Earth addon, not the demo, you will need to have World Objects set at max or you will have restricted autogen, buildings and POIs displayed.

The Needles is only the lighthouse with a helipad on top and not an airport in the true sense of the word

• Thanks 1