Introducing Volanta: Your personal flight tracker

Wow! This looks amazing :)

With STKP we already have a really great freeware tool providing a lot of features but I think with Orbx we have the perfect company in the background.

I would love to see a App for Android/iOS however it will work from the browser.

This looks exciting to me!

• Like 4

Sounds interesting but will it be able to integrate into a Virtual Airline systems? Could it track a VA flight and log those details into my career for example? Because other than comparing my past flight info with others in a lovely interface, I can’t see the point in it. If it can integrate with VA careers that would be really helpful.

Edited by cholland100
  • Upvote 2

Looks very nice! I love how sleek and modern it looks. But please do not make it subscription based. I would love to see Volanta include it's very own powerful flight planning built-in without having to rely on 3rd party like PFPX or SimBrief. I am looking for an all-in-one app that has a powerful and intuitive and visual flight planner like the one in MSFS, an EFB (like Aivlasoft EFB). I don't see a need to have the latest charts and nav data every month. I usually renew yearly. Which is why I hope Volanta won't rely heavily on us to have subscription services like navigraph to fully enjoy this app. I love the 3d views and how you can clearly visualize your entire flight plan! That is a huge feature for me personally, because I love all sorts of data, especially when it's represented so cleanly and well laid out. I hope it will also include SID/STAR and the approach in the 3D flight plan view as well.

I forgot to put this in the Google doc, but it would be nice to later on integrate a system like what FS Economy or OnAir Company has. Make your own version of this system, currently both are horrible, one you need to get through hoops in order to sign up (and it's about 10 years old, 0 development was thought about this UI) and another is subscription based which is horrible, no free version.

It would be nice to have your own company and invite friends to the company or freelance if you choose to do so. A system where you can be in control of your own Virtual Airliner company or one you can be apart of. If you can do this, everyone will flock to Volanta.

Edited by azgoodaz

1 hour ago, azgoodaz said:

I forgot to put this in the Google doc, but it would be nice to later on integrate a system like what FS Economy or OnAir Company has. Make your own version of this system, currently both are horrible, one you need to get through hoops in order to sign up (and it's about 10 years old, 0 development was thought about this UI) and another is subscription based which is horrible, no free version.

It would be nice to have your own company and invite friends to the company or freelance if you choose to do so. A system where you can be in control of your own Virtual Airliner company or one you can be apart of. If you can do this, everyone will flock to Volanta.

I agree with you, I'm on OnAir Company but both of them feel "ancient" and bad supported or developed on UI side (do something simple is always a mess).

Will this be free? I am wondering because if data is going to your servers, that would mean that we would be paying you to supply you with all the data you need to figure out pretty everything you need to know in order to direct the development of your products. I would be interested in something that is standalone and unconnected to anyone's servers, but I would steer very clear of anything where I would be paying Orbx to perform Orbx's market research.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hypercide said:

Will this be free? I am wondering because if data is going to your servers, that would mean that we would be paying you to supply you with all the data you need to figure out pretty everything you need to know in order to direct the development of your products. I would be interested in something that is standalone and unconnected to anyone's servers, but I would steer very clear of anything where I would be paying Orbx to perform Orbx's market research.

Interesting point! It says the core features will be free but there will be some premium things in the future. Will be interesting to see how this pans out...

Edited by maxpax444

sounds really good..  enjoyed projectfly.. now using stkp but really only need the tracking/logging. this is probably going to be my solution.

kinda like to see that fleet page show more aircraft at once (fill whole screen) but lookin good so far!

Signed up to the Beta. I already use STKP but I am not dedicated to one developer. I will always use what best for me. 

I would love to see Taxiway Highlighting. When you are given Taxi instructions to the Active, the ability to highlight the taxiways assigned to your holding point. So if I am asked to taxi via Alpha, Juliet, Bravo to holding point Charlie, I can have the option to highlight these taxiways so I can follow them with a visual reference. 

If this was implemented I would immediately switch to using Volanta. This would be an absolute life saver if you are at an airport on Vatsim you are not familiar with. Saves you bungling around trying not to get lost lol :D

• Like 3

Can I use this in VR? All the wonderful moving map/flight tracking... apps require that I exit VR, look at either the iPad or a window, and then go back to VR. Considering the popularity boost that VR will get when MSFS works in VR, it might be worth while to make the app usable in VR.

Volker

• Like 2

Looks great

have 2 questions 

1) will volanta be able to retrieve data from my past flights on vatsim. I’m asking because vatsim stores my previous flight plans so the you can find origin? Destination REG/AAAAA data into e remarks sections and a lot of more info, since I fly vatsim since 2002 or so would really love to see my historical logbook imported into volanta 

2) is this in any way related to airpark?there is a particular feature I think it would be pretty cool to integrate which is the prefer custom scenery. I own a lot and would like to be sure that I have visited them all