Comparing MSFS 2020 amd Prpr3d

lifejogger

I don't have MS yet either but looks to me as if your P3D is out doing your MSFS a bit! :(   Are your MSFS settings as high as your rig can stand?  I see different settings in several other posts is why I ask, and as John says maybe the weather programs will boost it a bit! :)  All four pics are rock em, sock em though! 

31 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

I don't have MS yet either but looks to me as if your P3D is out doing your MSFS a bit! :(   Are your MSFS settings as high as your rig can stand?  I see different settings in several other posts is why I ask, and as John says maybe the weather programs will boost it a bit! :)  All four pics are rock em, sock em though! 

I will check and see what my settings are and if I need to I will increase them.

Nice ones John, but like Roger said, something just doesn't look right around the Darrington area, mine looks completely different. MSFS is so good and life like, I removed all the other Sims from my computer, I don't even care about all the aircraft and scenery I had for P3D. :D  flying around the area I live, everything is as it should be including my house. :D

Great shots! :)

Regarding pic #3: at some locations MSFS displays landclass scenery using very ugly textures. This happens when there's clouds or other anomalies (spelling?) in the satellite textures. And sometimes for no apparent reason at all. I think that is what's happening with Darrington in pic #3.

/Magnus

I have attached two images using MSFS and Orbx 1S2 with most graphic settings set to High though Terrain Detail is set at about 150 since I don't see any real frame rate hit.  The first image is taken from the same perspective as John's pic #3.  The second image is taken just above street level in the town of Darrington.  For me, these two pics attest to the superior visuals found in MSFS.  The only downside is that the mountain topography elevations are smoother than P3DV5 due to Microsoft's current SDK block to 3rd party developers (including Orbx) on uploading higher rez meshes.  Hopefully, Microsoft will lift that soon.  Edit:  I have added a P3Dv5HF2 pic just above street level at the same point as the MSFS pic for comparison.  The P3Dv5 pic does not have shadows turned on since they slow down my frame rates too much.  Even ignoring the shadows, it is amazing how much more real the MSFS pic looks due to MSFS 's fantastic lighting. 

MSFS:

1S2%20MSFS%201.jpg?dl=0

1S2%20MSFS%202.jpg?dl=0

P3Dv5:

1S2%20P3Dv5.jpg?dl=0

Rod

Archived