Sydney City CTD

I've been looking forward to this scenery of my home town. Apart from 2 Aircraft liveries, this scenery is the only alteration I've made to MSFS2020. After Installing the new Orbx Sydney City scenery I start up and get within a few miles of the CBD and get a CTD. This crash to desk top has not occurred until installing the new scenery.

Anyone got any clues?? 

i7-10700K

32GB Ram

GeForce RTX2070 Super

The same problem here! I have a CTD after 1 minute flying. After deinstalling, reinstalling, deactivating AI-traffic, using an empty community-folder (only Sydney), changing the plane, starting the flight at the airport and over the opera house I have the same disaster. Without Orbx Sydney everything works fine.

Hi Frank I let Orbx Central install to main msfs directory, and follwed the suggested installation procedure. I just have the one drive, so no chance of it going anywhere it shouldn't. (1tb Nve me).

Dissapointing as I'm so pumped about this scenery.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Bernd Gordon said:

Unfortunatly I have the same problem. Always I have a CTD at Sydney. That's so sad, becouse I bought the new fantastic YSSD from FlyTampa, but can't fly with Orbx Sydney switched on.

This may or may not be relevant, but MSFS seems to be particularly sensitive to some third party addons, even something as benign as an addon aircraft mod, or a distant airport. The best way to find out if it is something is to hunt down every addon (scenery, sircraft and repaints, any enhancenent mods etc) and move them away from MSFS (Nick has posted various ways to do this) and ensure you have a vanilla copy of MSFS, with rolling cache deleted, and confirm the default Sydney works. Then install Sydney Cityscape and test. If you still have a CTD it might be time to run a repair or reset on MSFS. If MSFS is in a true vanilla state and Sydney Cityscape is installed into a default location there's nothing in the scenery to cause a CTD. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have both Sydney scenery and Sydney airport addons and neither work. Always fails to load the flight with a CTD. Even if I fly in from a different location outside of SYdney and head towards Sydney it will CTD. Even after a complete MSFS reinstall and every other suggestion others have made including low, medium or high graphic settings, online or offline, delete cache etc etc etc bla bla bla nothing helps.

This is quite ridiculous why this happens!?!? How can this possibly be!?!?

Does this happen if you create a new Community folder, rename your existing Community folder to Community.BAK or .X and place the Sydney Cityscape and airport addons in the new folder?

Have you Verified Files using Orbx Central?

Have you got a Backup copy which may be corrupt( see the attached pic for the location of any backups you may have and also check if that option to make Backups is enabled)

Delete your Content.xml and let MSFS write a new one. Path to the Content.xmlis in Packages/FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache/Content

It sounds like there is a conflict of addons so isolating all other addons will assist in determining the issues cause.

Capture.JPG.f2188fe902ff381ece6bf5af46e3a7b0.JPG

577254617_Backupslocation.thumb.JPG.3a19e716a353d49df25740f28f684e83.JPG

I solved a CTD problem with EGNT yesterday by doing this:

1. I uninstalled the language pack in Windows 10 (English, USA) and reinstalled it. When I installed the language pack I noticed that I could click on "Alternatives" (in norwegian). In english Windows 10 it may be "Options"? Here I could install "Handwriting", "Speech" and "Language pack". It may be that I never noticed this the last time I installed the language pack in Windows 10.

2. In Windows 10 I opened "Settings" and "Apps". Found XBOX app in the list and clicked one time on it. Then clicked on "Advanced alternatives" and clicked on "Close", and then "Repair" and also "Reset. Restarted PC and then started the Simulator.

Hope my suggestions can help you.

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TomAce and Jon Clarke for your suggestions.

Put simply I cannot get either of the two Orbx Sydney or Kingsford Smith airport sceneries to work either taking off from the airport for approaching the airport from another location. 

I have tried everything that has been posted in forums.

Rolling Cache, no rolling cache, air traffic, no air traffic, deleted content.xml, custom install folder and msfs folder, verify files, delete backups, new community folder, high detail, low detail, fresh msfs install, fresh win10 install, new hardware, overclocked and not overclocked, ms & xbox accounts log out log in, reset repair etc, plus what ever other suggested solutions I have not mentioned here..

So I have given up and just uninstalled them and feel defeated.

oh well.

I’ve been having the same issues with the cityscape and airport I think it’s due to my ram because when I approach the airport I look on task manager and I see 15.5gb of ram is used out of 16gb which I think is why it crashes because it eventually runs out of ram. Do you guys also have 16gb of ram or do you guys have more I would like to know cause Iam thinking of upgrading to 32gb of ram to see if that fixes the ctd issues

You will need to check that your Paging file is active and large enough,

Windows will manage it.

As you can see in my signature, I took the opportunity to increase to 32GB

but I am of the opinion that MSFS uses the largest percentage if what is

available to it and I would guess that 16 GB is enough.

How much is on your graphics card and how much of that is left when you

try to load at Sydney?

I think the load order in content manager was definetly the problem thanks nick 

On 1/30/2021 at 11:48 AM, spanner76 said:

Thanks TomAce and Jon Clarke for your suggestions.

Put simply I cannot get either of the two Orbx Sydney or Kingsford Smith airport sceneries to work either taking off from the airport for approaching the airport from another location. 

I have tried everything that has been posted in forums.

Rolling Cache, no rolling cache, air traffic, no air traffic, deleted content.xml, custom install folder and msfs folder, verify files, delete backups, new community folder, high detail, low detail, fresh msfs install, fresh win10 install, new hardware, overclocked and not overclocked, ms & xbox accounts log out log in, reset repair etc, plus what ever other suggested solutions I have not mentioned here..

So I have given up and just uninstalled them and feel defeated.

oh well.

Try moving the Sydney city Orbx under the flytampa Sydney airport in the content manager this fixed the ctd issues for me it will possibly fix for you 

On 1/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

before you gave up, was the airport above or below the cityscape in the Content.xml file?

Hey Nick, the airport is listed above the cityscape in the Content.xml file. Which is the preferred location?

Also I have 32gb ram.. I just noticed that I do not have a page file set for Windows 10. I have since enabled the paging file. I have no idea why this was set to off!? will test it now. I am still not confident that this will fix the issue but my fingers are definitely crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I am experiencing the CTD issue with FS2020 and the Orbx Sydney Cityscape package. Note the following information and things I have tried and have not resolved the issue:

1) This is the only addon package I have installed and FS2020 is running fine without the Cityscape package. Without the Cityscape package installed I can fly around Sydney and other major cities for hours with no stability issues.

2)I tried deleting the rolling cache and increased cache size (from 8GB to 16GB)

3) I have re-installed FS2020

4) I have rebuilt my whole PC, reinstalled Windows 10, installed the latest drivers for GPU, chipset, NIC etc, reinstalled FS2020 (again)

5) PC Specs: Ryzen 5 5600x, 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX 3070 GPU. Nothing overclocked. FS2020 is installed on a WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD with plenty of free space. 

6) Crash info from Event Viewer: 

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001e0fd8b
Faulting process id: 0x1d24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7037d09dae418
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 5786e478-611b-4873-b275-18d0ee95b2a4
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Would love to know if there is anything else I can try! 

Hello,
there is a problem, introduced last Thursday, that affects all addon airports and scenery products that include a .cgl photo insert, as does this one.
The problem is identified and affects all addon airports and scenery by any developer that include one or more of these files.
Is is the result of something having been changed in Bing Data and over which no addon developer has control.
Renaming the .cgl file to .cgX will provide a temporary fix until the problem is rectified by Asobo.
In this case, the file is Community\orbx-cityscape-sydney\CGL\311\sai230.cgl
As this file is a photo insert, the Sydney ground that it covers might look a little different but you will be able to use the product.
We must wait for Asobo to make more changes so that this no longer happens.
There is a very long topic on the FS forum on the subject.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bing-data-causing-crashes-with-add-on-airports-or-scenery/

Archived