Buying new AMD parts on 5th November Ryzen 9 5900X Twelve Core 4.8GHz, motherboard and ram.

B12

Couple of more questions as the final build gets nearer.

This new Asus board and indeed the current MSI Tomahawk board, they have an extra 4 pin power socket, often called a CPU1 socket (I think) that sits beside an extra 8 pin socket at top left of most motherboards, looking at my current Super Flower 1000 W PSU, and because its modular I only plugged in exactly enough cables as was needed for my last Intel build, pretty sure original PSU box is up in the loft and will have those extra modular cables, for sure there a couple of empty modular PSU sockets just now ... but my question is, since my last Intel 8700K delidded that was quite heavily clocked never needed it ... or had socket on board for that, would this AMD build need it, are they really optional as I've heard?

More importantly, would it harm my new build if I managed to find my 2 or 3 year old Superflower 1000 W PSU box in the attic and use it?

I doubt it, but need to be sure.

Also, if I cant locate the old original PSU box and that extra 4 pin cable is not in it ... well, it seems to me even PSU cables have modular commonility these days, should be able to buy one somewhere soon pretty quick for final build I have a feeling will be happening in next week or so :)

Thanks.

Hello,

as I understand it, the additional socket is there for very heavy use, typically a massive overclock on an already power hungry CPU. 

The otherwise not very detailed manual for mine stresses that one must connect either the 8 pin or the

8 pin + 4 pin but never the 4 pin only and tells you nothing else at all.

I don't have any more suitable cables and a sensible CPU in any case.

It works well with just the 8 pin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B12 said:

Couple of more questions as the final build gets nearer.

Also, if I cant locate the old original PSU box and that extra 4 pin cable is not in it ... well, it seems to me even PSU cables have modular commonility these days, should be able to buy one somewhere soon pretty quick for final build I have a feeling will be happening in next week or so :)

Thanks.

Don't worry about that, any extra 4 or even 8 pins over standard 8, they are there for those who OC with LN2 and other sub zero solutions. 8 pin is enough for like 300W and 5950X is a 105W even if you enable PBO it will hit ca. 150W.

• Like 1

So looks like today was the definition of a paper launch for the third party AMD 6800 cards. All the sites are now listing all the various models but only as coming soon. Ebuyer have some models listed as due 31st Jan! Looks like my RTX 2070 will be in use for a while yet. :banghead:

• Upvote 2

I

26 minutes ago, Donka said:

So looks like today was the definition of a paper launch for the third party AMD 6800 cards. All the sites are now listing all the various models but only as coming soon. Ebuyer have some models listed as due 31st Jan! Looks like my RTX 2070 will be in use for a while yet. :banghead:

I wouldn’t be so down. I have A 2070 s and it performs excellent on all sims at 2k. I have all my settings on high/ultra and off with settings I don’t see with my eyes. 
I spent some time tweaking but am very pleased. It’s is ridiculous though that there r cards for you tubers but none for the common man. 

• Like 2

Still stuck at position 40 for my Ryzen 3950X, they were coming to them fast and furious for a while and I came down to 40 from 219 quite fast, but I really do not know when I get the new CPU now? very frustrating, done a motherboard change already and I dont have the CPU I intended to use with it yet, that's crazy !!!

Glad I bought the S/H AMD 2600 to check out the build, will keep it and the MSI X570 board as spares in case anything goes pear shaped in the future, my other gear is all Intel, so good to have spares I guess.

The new Asus Crosshair VIII Hero X570 arrived from Scan this morning, have it fitted now and decided to do my final cable tidying as well (Tidy for me LOL) Its a much better featured board than my MSI Tomahawk was, have a spare PCIE slot available now too and use of my SBZ soundcard I prefer once more, very pleased, but will be delighted when my 5950X CPU arrives, it will be a quick swap over once its here.

Thanks for pointers on the 4 pin extra CPU power socket, dug out my Superflower 1000W PSU box and fitted it anyway, figured it would do no harm, love this new ASUS board though, 5 SATA SSD drives plugged in, 3 SATA Mechanicals for back up and a dedicated music drive, the OS NVME M.2 drive on PCIE 4.0 as well, its very quick already with the 2600 CPU in general task work, chomping at the bit for the 5950X to really see what this build can do in Flight Sim.

BURATRA.jpg

e2fOpkG.jpg

YgJiRRo.jpg

LmfGSJ0.jpg

D6wIbIB.jpg

ZQKbeab.jpg

rdBQb8r.jpg

• Like 4

My AMD Ryzen 5950X CPU arriving tomorrow from Scan (I hope) the final part of my new build at last, hope its a golden sample :) Was sent a download code for Far Cry 6 as well, not really my style of game but I'll install it for a look at the Ray Tracing tech I guess.

Happy Days :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, B12 said:

Thanks, will do, hope you get your GPU soon.

Cheers. Not in any rush now, current set up is treating me well so going to let the market settle before making a purchase. Of course 3090’s are readily available so not saying I won’t cave at some point over the holidays. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Late last night, finally updated my new Asus Crosshair VIII Hero's board BIOS to its latest one, sanitary cleaned the NVME OS drive and shut down the PC, then removed the temp AM4 Ryzen 2600 CPU I bought at start of this project to test with while waiting for an AMD 5950X CPU to arrive ... cleaned up the Corsair AOI's heatsink in readiness and waited for DPD this morning, LOL

CPU arrived about 1PM in afternoon my time in N Scotland, was ready to go though and had preprepared PC awaiting the CPU and fresh thermal compound and had it fired up in less than 15 mins later ... its always a concern when plugging in a new expensive CPU, especially since I've not properly used AMD in over a decade, it all went OK though, fired up first time as expected, screen said hit F1, but that's normal, it just needed to be told what was happening, set everything to default for now, fine tuning comes later and gradually, then went on to install Win 10, pretty much there now and almost ready to start installing my Flight Sims again.

Can see its already a seriously quick CPU the way its sailed through everything in Win 10 fresh install, but the real test will be in the testing of the Simulations I love and seeing this CPU in conjunction with the NV RTX 3090 GPU, 64 GB ram etc come together.

I think the AMD 5950X and Zotac RTX 3090 will be a good match.

Scan were good in the backlog thing, keeping early order folk updated, my CPU arrived today with free good quality thermal compound and a free mask as well, also last night they sent me a code for a free download of Far Cry 6 game I think it was?

Christmas came early for me :)

Hope you all get your parts you need for the new builds.

izjuDLn.jpg

csqGTHE.jpg

s1CHMIc.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of feedback on this new rig ... absolutely delighted, over the moon, really am :)

I know an RTX 3090 24 GB and the Ryzen 9 5950X is overkill, 64 GB cas 16 3600 MHz for fine tuning still, too ,,, and its probably still just one click away in bios for the best XMP ram profile still, really don't want to go over-clocking the CPU yet,  but it was my time to upgrade again from a brand new Intel I7 8700K, 32 GB, Nvidia Titan X 12 GB card ... killer spec back then, paid extra to OcUK for a cherry picked I7 8700K and got them to delid it for me, rock stable at 5Ghz on all six cores ... got to hand it to them for that, 360 AOI cooler too ... its now my second rig and still going strong.

This new build though, can see the improvements already in various Flight sims as I install them, other day installed old FSX and Acceleration pack and threw all my Orbx and other add ons at it again too, its never loaded quicker ... Use Steves DX 10 fixer too, but its much much faster/smoother now with everything for it installed ... 32 bit app too, amazing much faster it loads.

Goes without saying have the new FS2020 sim installed again, max settings applied and at 4K, seems smooth to me, very pleased here :)

Next up to install is DCS and all the goodies I've bought for this this sim too , its gonna be fine, this is one sim that got near 32 GB ram limits, hence why I went for 64 GB this time, seen FS2020 do this too a couple of times in 4K.

This new build of mine took a bit of careful thought and also a couple of changes in spec before it came to fruition, and appreciate the great advice given here, its all worked out really really stably well so far ... Thanks all.

For anyone hesitating on adding a new AMD CPU to a new Nvidia GPU build ... its fine, don't know about the new AMD GPU's? Once I got my NV  RTX3090 24GB ... I stopped looking, but do know my NV Inspector profiles quite well, it would have been a challenge going to AMD for a GPU this time ... sure it would be fine, but would take time for the GPU drivers to mature too ... I know my NV Inspector settings extremely well and how to tweak :)

I'm over the moon how this build has turned out.

Thanks to all that helped me choose my parts, its been a good thread and discussion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

thanks for posting your progress and sharing your thoughts and for letting us know how it's going...I plan a new build but in no rush, my mediocre system runs both MSFS and p3d5 quite smoothly and the moment...I do want to go full 4k next though....

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Donka said:

@B12 How are you finding cpu temps when running MSFS2020? I’ve heard mixed reports of excessive heat with the new Ryzens, I think mostly with the 5800x so curious how the 5950x is looking. 

Hi Donka, when first fired the rig up, my only indication of the CPU temp was in the BIOS, it reported about 39 C when idling, ouch, but as always when installing a new CPU and good thermal compound, it goes down a bit quite fast, not looked at what the BIOS says lately ... but truly on my Corsair AOI 360, and it says it idles at about 26 c ... made an adaptive profile for this cooling, a sort of aggressive one and a more moderate one ... and when flying FS2020 at full pelt on aggressive profile, its just whooosh outside of the case, obviously the CPU is getting a good workout in this sim and I'm actually very happy to see that, my case fan in and out is working, but even in quieter less aggressive mode, with my cooling solution, its all OK, maybe a little hotter than my I7 8700K de-lidded CPU  @ 5GHz on all 6 cores ... this AMD CPU is 16 cores and with AMD's HT a virtual 32, it can get hot, even on its 7nm process, but well within its parameters.

Its fine IMHO.

Have got the fan speeds and pump speed tamed now, its OK, you can still hear the system ramp up a bit, but if you listen carefully, but its all quite safe, mostly a headphone flyer, so no worry :)

Very happy at every thing I've thrown at it so far

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one my friend, please let us know how you get on with it, over the moon pleased with my AMD 5950X and latest build, its a pleasure to fire up this rig and play my sims at max detail, even bought some games I'm not really into gameplay wise to test my rig at 4K, stuff like Crysis Remastered at full settings and more ... I'm good to go for another 3 years at least am sure :)

And so will you be.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 3:57 PM, PiotrMKG said:

Today after some waiting arrived my new GPU, bought it before price insanity started. Now I will test it on air cooler before switching to water. 

F8473306-2849-4F3C-8DE5-55078ABC5DC5.jpeg

Very nice sir!

Just one question - did the armed guards for a year to protect it and you from the nefarious types who want a really superb gpu  cost extra or was it included in the price ? :lol::lol:

Cheers

Pete

14 minutes ago, renault said:

Very nice sir!

Just one question - did the armed guards for a year to protect it and you from the nefarious types who want a really superb gpu  cost extra or was it included in the price ? :lol::lol:

Cheers

Pete

Or My english is bad or else because I cannot figure out what U are asking me :huh:

Card will be modded, I will replace 5 mili Ohm shunts with 3 mili Ohm ones, I will rise power limit from 480W to ca. 850W, add some SP capacitors on the back.

• Like 1

To była moja nieudana próba zażartowania

Przepraszam i przepraszam za zamieszanie.:(

Kiedy ostatnio byłem w moim sklepie komputerowym, mieli kilka na półce, ale powiedzieli mi, że są tak bardzo poszukiwani, że musisz zatrudnić ludzi, którzy będą cię pilnować w drodze do domu.

Kiedy powiedziałem mojej żonie, roześmiała się i powiedziała, i założę się, że chcą od ciebie zapłacić dodatkową opłatę za ochronę i musielibyśmy też nakarmić ich obiadem!

Jesteś bardzo szczęśliwy, że masz tak wspaniałe GPU.

Przepraszam za moją kiepską próbę żartu.

Pete

Mój ojciec był Polakiem, ale niestety nigdy nie nauczyłem się języka. Szczerze tego żałuję, więc mam nadzieję, że to dobrze się tłumaczy.

• Like 1

Card will be modded, I will replace 5 mili Ohm shunts with 3 mili Ohm ones, I will rise power limit from 480W to ca. 850W, add some SP capacitors on the back.

I'm just curious. It is surprising to me that lowering the shunt resistance from 5 to 3 will increase the power limit by such a large amount , so I feel I don't understand what is occurring.  . I can understand adding additional capacitors for noise filtering as that seems to have been an issue from launch. 

Also does this mean that you will have a very advanced water cooling solution with this change - basically on a gpu more electricity = more performance, but more electricity also means much more heat to be dissipated. Its hard to understand how air cooling would be adequate.

Thank you

Pete

9 hours ago, renault said:

I'm just curious. It is surprising to me that lowering the shunt resistance from 5 to 3 will increase the power limit by such a large amount , so I feel I don't understand what is occurring.  . I can understand adding additional capacitors for noise filtering as that seems to have been an issue from launch. 

Also does this mean that you will have a very advanced water cooling solution with this change - basically on a gpu more electricity = more performance, but more electricity also means much more heat to be dissipated. Its hard to understand how air cooling would be adequate.

Thank you

Pete

I will answer You later how does it work, but for now let’s look at this monster vs evga 1080 FTW

Ps. Regarding Your joke, You shortened this story so much it became imposible to enjoy it. Now that You told it as a whole it’s quite funny. In Poland getting 3090 isn’t that hard ca. 10 days waiting time, 3080 is impossible to get maybe in may/june.

289E71A5-58B7-42D2-9F8B-8BF2DD2BEBAE.jpeg

E251B2B8-0BB0-40A3-A253-A4EC28D955ED.jpeg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, renault said:

m just curious. It is surprising to me that lowering the shunt resistance from 5 to 3 will increase the power limit by such a large amount , so I feel I don't understand what is occurring.

So, it works like that:

Every card these days has a power limit of some sort, my has 480W out of factory, FE has 350W. Card measures how much power is drawn through current sensing resistors (shunts). Stock value is 5m ohm if You change it to lower value like 3m ohm, card "thinks" that less power is used so it draws more up to the BIOS limit. For that OC you should pick right card, not every one is capable of withstanding such mod, in 3090 series You have Strix and Kingpin which are top choice (3x 8 pin, no fuses) 

image.png.536744ee6e546d4d96534be5729ef5d3.png

Edited by PiotrMKG

4 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

I will answer You later how does it work, but for now let’s look at this monster vs evga 1080 FTW

Ps. Regarding Your joke, You shortened this story so much it became imposible to enjoy it. Now that You told it as a whole it’s quite funny. In Poland getting 3090 isn’t that hard ca. 10 days waiting time, 3080 is impossible to get maybe in may/june.

289E71A5-58B7-42D2-9F8B-8BF2DD2BEBAE.jpeg

E251B2B8-0BB0-40A3-A253-A4EC28D955ED.jpeg

Hi Piotr

This is an excellent photograph. I have read and watched youtube videos when various people have talked about how large a 3090 is, but no none took a very practical approach as you did to illustrate it so nicely 

All of us can relate to the size of a 1080 and your comparison really shows how massive this new gpu is.  In fact it seems to me that it is might be physically too large to fit into many existing cases.

My plan , when stock becomes available is to upgrade my existing gpu to a RTX3070 which my computer store assures me will fit nicely in my existing system.  They also suggested that I might want to consider water cooling for the card which they would do for me (they have built all my gaming computers)

I see that you are using the Heatkiller IV water cooling block on the 1080.  At their website  they make models for all the 3000 series of cards as well. Is this what you will use on your 3090.

The reason I ask is that they mentioned that I might be interested in that brand as well which they recommend and use.  I have no experience with water cooling so it is a thoughtful decision for me.  I struggle with the idea of having conductive fluids in my computer is my big concern.

Thanks 

Pete

Hello Pete,

aside from the eye watering price, that exceeds what I spent on the entire

remainder of my PC, a 3090 would not fit into my case, unless I were to remove

three hard drives and two expansion cards.

I have no use for a 3090 as it happens, I might consider more than the 8 GB

of VRAM that I have at present but my hope is that Direct X 12 will either be

modified to allow it to carry on working when the VRAM is exhausted, as does

Direct X 11, or the software will be improved so that it does not use more than is

there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

So, it works like that:

Every card these days has a power limit of some sort, my has 480W out of factory, FE has 350W. Card measures how much power is drawn through current sensing resistors (shunts). Stock value is 5m ohm if You change it to lower value like 3m ohm, card "thinks" that less power is used so it draws more up to the BIOS limit. For that OC you should pick right card, not every one is capable of withstanding such mod, in 3090 series You have Strix and Kingpin which are top choice (3x 8 pin, no fuses) 

image.png.536744ee6e546d4d96534be5729ef5d3.png

Thank you Piotr

I understand now completely. :)

Growing up I was an amateur radio enthusiast and I used to design and build all my own equipment, so 

I am familiar with such ideas. The same concept is used on the final RF amplifier stage in an amateur radio transmitter

The advantage is that we can use a large separate finned heat sink containing the power transistors which can be mounted optimally , away from the rest of the electronics if needed so it makes the cooling solution more flexible.

Thanks

Pete

7 minutes ago, renault said:

Hi Piotr

This is an excellent photograph. I have read and watched youtube videos when various people have talked about how large a 3090 is, but no none took a very practical approach as you did to illustrate it so nicely 

All of us can relate to the size of a 1080 and your comparison really shows how massive this new gpu is.  In fact it seems to me that it is might be physically too large to fit into many existing cases.

My plan , when stock becomes available is to upgrade my existing gpu to a RTX3070 which my computer store assures me will fit nicely in my existing system.  They also suggested that I might want to consider water cooling for the card which they would do for me (they have built all my gaming computers)

I see that you are using the Heatkiller IV water cooling block on the 1080.  At their website  they make models for all the 3000 series of cards as well. Is this what you will use on your 3090.

The reason I ask is that they mentioned that I might be interested in that brand as well which they recommend and use.  I have no experience with water cooling so it is a thoughtful decision for me.  I struggle with the idea of having conductive fluids in my computer is my big concern.

Thanks 

Pete

Much of this lenght comes from that, cooling extends past PCB, if I change aircooler to waterblock it should look almost the same as 1080. This time I will return to Aquacomputer with active backplate (had it on GTX 980, AQ didn't make waterblock for EVGA 1080 FTW so I went with Watercool - equally superb waterblock). I don't recall 3070 waterblock anouncments except maybe for EKWB. 

kryographics_Strix_30XX_2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Pete,

aside from the eye watering price, that exceeds what I spent on the entire

remainder of my PC, a 3090 would not fit into my case, unless I were to remove

three hard drives and two expansion cards.

I have no use for a 3090 as it happens, I might consider more than the 8 GB

of VRAM that I have at present but my hope is that Direct X 12 will either be

modified to allow it to carry on working when the VRAM is exhausted, as does

Direct X 11, or the software will be improved so that it does not use more than is

there.

Hi Nick

Yes they are very expensive indeed. As I mentioned to Piotr , I am thinking of upgrading my RTX2060 super to a RTX3070 variant , once supply stabilizes etc.   On the other hand , my 2060 works very well for my needs at 2K for both MS2020 and XPlane so it is more a later in the year decision.

I wrote the ZenDesk regarding DX12 last year as I am quite interested in implementation in MS2020. They mentioned that they are very much aware that most users have 8GB cards, and I have now read in their latest updates that they hope that to use DX12 to optimize and hopefully reduce VRAM requirements.

The 3090 is an exceptional card and it is very nice to read how a member is utilizing his skills in installing it in what is by all accounts a computer system that most of us would only dream of having.

That is what I enjoy about Orbx forums. It allows so many different interests to be discussed in an open and helpful dialogue :)

Cheers

Pete 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

Much of this lenght comes from that, cooling extends past PCB, if I change aircooler to waterblock it should look almost the same as 1080. This time I will return to Aquacomputer with active backplate (had it on GTX 980, AQ didn't make waterblock for EVGA 1080 FTW so I went with Watercool - equally superb waterblock). I don't recall 3070 waterblock anouncments except maybe for EKWB. 

kryographics_Strix_30XX_2.png

Thank you Piotr

Your information and comments on your experiences is really helpful to me.:)  Although my replacement card will be a later in the year purchase, I will now definitely have a serious discussion with my computer store about water cooling when I make the purchase.

Cheers

Pete

I hope that DX12 will bring raytracing, better CPU utilization, and for those extremely lucky ways to utilize those 24GB of VRAM B)

PS. That’s what it looks like installed in my case. Temporary solution until waterblock arrives.

CF5E9748-4F58-4862-88DF-800931682AF0.jpeg

• Like 2

Very, very impressive build there Piotr, and as I understand you are still going to water cool your RTX3090?

Awesome, what motherboard did you go for? I remember when I built my new rig you recommended the Asus Dark Hero, that was not going to be available for a while it seemed and very expensive too, so settled for something slightly less Crosshair VIII Hero, it does everything I need to be honest for a Ryzen 5950X, stock clock Zotac RTX 3090 24GB, 64GB DDR4 3600 mhz tight timing build and more ... one of my concerns building my rig was it would not be happy with the 4 ram slots populated, but it is ... its very stable as I like things with no overclocking anymore these days, just switch the PC on and seeing great FS performance is a pleasure indeed :)  Its all a big jump over my 3 year older 6 core cherry picked,de-lidded Intel all the time 5Ghz I7 8700K CPU, Titan X 12 GB, 32 GB ram etc etc build ... the time was right for my new build ... struggled getting some of the parts for sure, LOL, but was on the ball on release days and got her built before Christmas I suppose :)

I respect what you do though pushing the hardware envelope, will be following with interest my friend ... enjoy.

2 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

I went with Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, Dark wasn’t even announced when I bought my motherboard.

Do you really think expensive performance motherboards make a difference Piotr? I tried two good ones for my CPU and GPU this upgrade, both had hooks for dedicated water cooling loops ... but you know what buddy, you can invest cooling in that hardware, and before you know it, it can become a loop of ever increasing expenditure trying to keep up with the Joneses and changing CPU socket types ETC ... what is your Flight sim Goal? what sim do you aim the performance at?

Hope I do not sound critical, really do want to see this build of yours here and FS results.

24 minutes ago, B12 said:

Do you really think expensive performance motherboards make a difference Piotr? I tried two good ones for my CPU and GPU this upgrade, both had hooks for dedicated water cooling loops ... but you know what buddy, you can invest cooling in that hardware, and before you know it, it can become a loop of ever increasing expenditure trying to keep up with the Joneses and changing CPU socket types ETC ... what is your Flight sim Goal? what sim do you aim the performance at?

Hope I do not sound critical, really do want to see this build of yours here and FS results.

No, past 350 euro all motherboards are more than good enough for daily usage. For non enthusiasts I recommend AIO and eventually GPU with AIO included like EVGA Hybrid series, that will give you 95% performance of custom water loop with almost none of the drawbacks. My current PC started it's live in 2014 with 5960X and X99 chipset until 2020 when I switched to AMD, water loop is still the same as day one, except for different waterblock for GPU. Goal is constant 60fps@ultra settings in GA aircraft and 45+ in payware airliners. 

• Like 1

I have a great interest in the technical aspects of image rendering and the lighting engines that are used in gaming engines,

I became acquainted with the RTX 3090 through areas of interest that I follow in that technology side. 

I would like to thank both of you, @B12 and Piotr @PiotrMKG for your openness in documenting the technical details of what you are doing and your willingness to answer questions and provide clear and in-depth explanations of the requirements in building these kind of systems.

For me you are the best of what members at Orbx bring to discussions and  are both very clearly "Ambassadors of the art of the possible" with respect to very high end hardware solutions.

I have learned a great deal  regarding the technology options available and I would like to thank you for what 

you are doing.

It is appreciated

Cheers

Pete   

• Like 1

Awesome ... Piotr, meant to ask, what PSU do you use? your RTX 3090 needs 3 x plugs

I guess thats Aftermarket PSU cables too, very neat,

You know what, might go proper water cooling for my CPU soon, the 5950X I own should be running a little cooler, its well within spec of course but current Corsair cooler, its a drain on software resources, it wants a USB plug, just for RGB bling, but more ... and its so not needed ,,, the OcUK non name 360 AIO cooler I use on my second older I7 8700K 5Ghz is fantastic, might swap them over if I can get it to fit my Ryzen CPU?

Heard some folk undervolt these new AMD CPU's too ... but thats silly IMHO, system here has been 100% reliable since day one and crushes everything I do with it at 4K, its wonderfully stable ... really dont want to mess with it to be honest my friend.