Buying new AMD parts on 5th November Ryzen 9 5900X Twelve Core 4.8GHz, motherboard and ram.

B12

Mostly Flight Sim @ 4K, some high end gaming, little bit of productivity, have 3 PC's just now and a Lappie, but streamlining that down  to 2 PC's and a Lappie once this build is done and selling off surplus parts once finished to buy a nice home NAS.

New AMD 5950X CPU is overkill for what I do, agreed as is the 64GB ram I have for it too now, its "want more than need" stuff ... but its an enthusiast thing too, need to satisfy that itch.

Still no email on my ETA from Scan, apparently they are compiling a data base of sorts for those that could not get their CPU's delivered this allocation and will give best possible ETA and place in a queue, so might not hear this weekend even, but having talked to the Scan guy this morning I did get the impression that its not easy just now with new lockdown in England especially, short staffed and everything ... I've waited this long, can wait a bit more I suppose :)

New AMD GPU's launch 18th this month I think, will try my luck for a top end one then too, but I expect same low stock launch situation again, will try Ebuyer as well this time though since you had good luck there with the CPU.

My new build is going to take a bit longer I guess, but these are not normal times.

Did order a new OS NVME drive for build, PCIE 4.0 one since my board supports that, probably wont see much difference, but nice to have, this came today from OcUK with two little bags of Haribro to tide me over for now :)

ab15Xfc.jpg

Was watching this earlier today.

However still fancy a 5950X, but should things really drag out until early or mid December, will consider my options then, nothing stopping me cancelling and joining the waiting list at the beginning for another CPU.

Before then we will all have a new battle trying for one of the new AMD GPU's on the 18th and will be giving that a fair go on the day too, I expect this to be limited stock too.

Its almost fun ... But I'd much rather we all got the parts we wanted on day release, times have changed :)

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:37 AM, B12 said:

Thanks PiotrMKG

For your advise, you have helped a lot, am a really impetuous person, but also sometimes I have money to spend that might not be there in future or far reaching future, as a single guy I know I can afford this and more right now in my budget, parts are in stock at OcUK at good prices so I'm buying :)

Heard more motherboards and such will be coming soon for these new CPU's, its one thing waiting for a CPU but another waiting for motherboards and ram stock too ... been in that situation before Intel wise.

It will be a wait for the new AMD CPU's, pretty much want the Ryzen 5900X, but if I can stretch to it for Ryzen 5960X for 50% more maybe?, spent ÂŁ1000 on Intel CPU's before, we'll see!

My Paid for OcUk parts so far for new AMD FS build ... I'm excited, yeah.

ÂŁ174.99 x 1 - MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 ATX Motherboard
ÂŁ182.49 x 1 - Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit
ÂŁ133.29 x 1 - Corsair Hydro Series iCUE H150i PRO XT RGB Performance Liquid Cooler - 360mm (CW-9060045-WW)
ÂŁ5.41 x 1 - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

Sub-Total: 496.18
Shipping: 8.75
VAT: 100.99
Total: 605.92

I'm right there with you...as I am thinking of doing exactly what you are...going back to AMD.  I have a 10 year old 'long-in-the-tooth' Intel/nVidia system presently, that has done me well, owes me nothing (LOL!),  and was on a few sites tracking down a motherboard that will (with profiles...) allow for 4,600 Mhz, (if I decided on that...) and can run 64 GB's of System RAM.  If I am going to spend $$$'s on a new system, I want to seriously,  future (spend proof) the system...so am going for the fastest 5000 series CPU,  matched to the fastest AMD GPU hotrod, (to take total advantage of the CPU/GPU pathway pairing (which I suggest you look into...before you lay down for nVidia...) and finally either 3,600 Mhz, or 4,600 Mhz non-RGB (serious gimmick!) 64 GB memory, with a full featured X570 motherboard,  and a honking huge double (one on top of the other) heat-sink CPU cooler.   I have presently a Dell XPS x730 case, which is massive, ex(tended)-ATX size (if wanted) for the Motherboard, and has tons of room for the double height cooler and fans.  So...(rubbing hands), I'm into AMD like you. I think, that they have finally arrived next to, or even eclipsing Intel and nVidia for 2021....

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I'm right there with you...as I am thinking of doing exactly what you are...going back to AMD.  I have a 10 year old 'long-in-the-tooth' Intel/nVidia system presently, that has done me well, owes me nothing (LOL!),  and was on a few sites tracking down a motherboard that will (with profiles...) allow for 4,600 Mhz, (if I decided on that...) and can run 64 GB's of System RAM.  If I am going to spend $$$'s on a new system, I want to seriously,  future (spend proof) the system...so am going for the fastest 5000 series CPU,  matched to the fastest AMD GPU hotrod, (to take total advantage of the CPU/GPU pathway pairing (which I suggest you look into...before you lay down for nVidia...) and finally either 3,600 Mhz, or 4,600 Mhz non-RGB (serious gimmick!) 64 GB memory, with a full featured X570 motherboard,  and a honking huge double (one on top of the other) heat-sink CPU cooler.   I have presently a Dell XPS x730 case, which is massive, ex(tended)-ATX size (if wanted) for the Motherboard, and has tons of room for the double height cooler and fans.  So...(rubbing hands), I'm into AMD like you. I think, that they have finally arrived next to, or even eclipsing Intel and nVidia for 2021....

X570 chipset is the last one paired with AM4 socket, next year there will be new socktet with DDR5 and other new features. 
AMD GPUs are ca. 20% slower than nVidia when raytracing is enabled (which is planned for MSFS along DX12 update) 

3600MHz is sweet spot for 3000 series CPUs for 5000 series for now 3800MHz is sweet spot, some who got/will get lucky in silicon lottery will be able to push infinity fabric to 2000MHz (4000MHz for RAM) but You have to remember that AMD guarantees ram speed up to 3200MHz anything above that is OC. In 64GB kits there aren’t that many options that work with X570 and are up to 3600MHz. 

Early info on Rocket Lake suggests that IPC will be better by double digits, 4.2GHz rocket lake will be as fast as 5.2GHz Comet Lake and it will launch by the end of Q1 2021.

• Like 2

I am vicariously enjoying your process of decision, buying and build of your new sim boxes.

FWIW, I'm a totally satisfied 3900X user, and as the frame counter in MSFS Developer menu tells me, I'm GPU limited. Still got plenty of CPU grunt. Your 5000 series will be just awesome.

The Gx is my next upgrade, and this decision is easy - the new AMD GPUs are 16 Gb, and not the 8 or 10 Gb of the very capable and brilliant nVidia 3000 cards. (except the unaffordable for me 3090)

Many found the 11 Gb VRam of a 2080 Ti in max detail flight simming, was not always enough. I know my 8 Gb 1080 didn't have enough for max detail in the densest areas. When you max out the VRam, suddenly sim goes POOF!

It looks like the new nVidia and Radeon cards are in a similar league - little bits ahead and behind, but similar. The extra VRam is what makes the Radeon cards better for flight simming, coz for max detail simming at 4K, nVidia 10 Gb won't always be enough.

• Like 2

Ozboater, will be trying for an AMD 6900XT on launch day the 18th I believe it is? but I suspect it will be a low volume launch again with most UK retailers sites crashing under the pressure ... its crazy, LOL

Scan contacted me this morning about my 5950X CPU order and out of 551 outstanding orders made that day for the 5950X my position in queue is 219 ... knew there were 551 unlucky folk ordered and never got this CPU alone before they stopped taking new orders, my payment went through finally at 14:10 is that day after a 14:00 PM launch so was was sceptical of my 219 position, but looking at posts and payment accepted times from other enthusiasts for same CPU and same company, its about right ... not going to cancel now, will wait it out, hope others do cancel though to help bump me up a bit :)  CPU backlogs will catch up faster than GPU backlogs apparently, so hopefully before Christmas for my 5950X.

Hope you get your new AMD GPU on launch date Ozboater.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:02 PM, PiotrMKG said:

Haven’t used this stuff for quite some time, thermal grizzly kryonaut or even better kryonaut extreme is my choice for thermal paste.

I actually have this Grizzly Kryonaut stuff now, arrived today from Amazon, since I'm going full pelt for a 5950X ... figured might as well get the best thermal paste too.

Thanks again :)

On 11/11/2020 at 8:09 AM, Donka said:

Thanks, will look out for that, no point in changing my position at Scan now, but if they are expecting some this month then hopefully Scan will be too ... fingers crossed :)

Have them bookmarked and will try them too for the new AMD GPU battle next week.

I just looked, the RX 6900 XT launches Dec 8th, hope they have plenty of stock ... high hopes I know!

The key thing is CCL are not doing preorders so if you get in quick enough you should get one. Scan are working through their backlog so depends how many they get on each stock update. Might be worth trying CCL and if you get lucky just cancel Scan. 

• Like 1

Thanks.

However I would need to cancel Scan first and wait for refund, bit of a gamble especially as I scored an Nvidia RTX 3090 24GB Zotac ver with 5 year warranty just now from Ebuyer (who still have some left as I type), cost me an eye watering ÂŁ1600 delivered, but saves the scramble of trying to get one of the new AMD GPU's on launch day, I dont think there is much in it perf wise between a 3090 and the 2 high end AMD GPU's coming out, am happy with this to keep me going a few years and hoping I can get my AMD 5950X CPU as the last part of the jigsaw delivered this month too or early Dec.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Donka said:

Beast of a card - will pair nicely with the new cpu when they arrive. No prizes for guessing what you will be doing this festive period. 

Cheers, very pleased, quite a superstitious person really, born on an 07/07 b'day, but this Friday 13th has been good to me, had a few bits of good news today.

• Like 1

Annnd, Ebuyer have just confirmed my RTX 3090 is despatched, ETA Monday, prob be Tuesday this far north though, was a bit concerned I was counting my chickens before they were hatched there, but its looking good for the GPU now, hurry up AMD please for the CPU, heh

I guess the Nvidia GPU launch demand is starting to catch up at last, saw this same card I've bought on OcUK this morning and mid week for a few hours for about ÂŁ1800 .... they never used to gouge this bad, so thought I'd look elsewhere, ÂŁ1600 is still price gouging a bit at Ebuyer, but I thought the time was right.

Hope you do Pal, let us know please.

It will be interesting to compare notes in a couple of months or so how we've all upgraded and seeing if our expectations were met in various sims we use.

On 4K monitor here, and my current Nvidia Titan X Pascal 12GB card is merely treading water just now at that resolution, its about 3 years old, has served me well, it was time to upgrade it.

The Zotac card I've bought, its not the highest Mhz clocked one, just stock clocks? but happy with that, refuse to pay Asus graphic card virtual tax, LOL, just for that brand name, the differences between them all are marginal, it does have a 5 year warranty I find attractive, the three fan solution should keep the card cool ... and the fact its just days away from delivery to me is a boost too.

I may regret buying this card later, but I honestly feel the forthcoming AMD GPU release will have less available stock than the CPU release, its the way of the world just now unfortunately. No regrets buying this Nvidia card now at all.

Interesting times though, this is my roughly 3 year upgrade cycle almost complete now.

Will do. I'm sure you will be more than happy with the Zotac. I do think there will be more demand for the GPUs than the CPUs but I'm hopefully the botched Nvidia release has AMD not wanting to repeat the same mistake so hopefully a bit more stock i.e. long enough to get one in the basket and checkout. We always have the partner releases expected about a week or two later as a second opportunity to purchase so I'm confident I'll get something.

• Thanks 1

My Nvidia RTX 3090 Zotac is lost, MIA :( Ebuyer sent it by Yodel on Friday and I shuddered when I saw that, read some terrible things about them, Saturday morning tracking showed to was at their (Yodel's) warehouse in Argyll and due for delivery Tuesday (Yesterday), however Yesterday morning tracking had still not changed and still hasn't, contacted Yodel on web chat, they said they will do a warehouse search and after 24 hrs if tracking not changed to call Ebuyer, checked this morning, tracking has not updated, onto web chat again and talked with someone more switched on who said yesterdays agent gave wrong info! and that it can take 24/48 hrs for a search, so I've to be on tenterhooks for another day now, ÂŁ1600 worth ... argh, would not be surprised if its been stolen given things I've heard about this company? I asked what the procedure was if its not found and they wont tell me, just that I'll be notified ??? Very anxious now :(

On a brighter note, Scan informed me this morning I am now at position 211 from 219 for my Ryzen 5950X CPU and that they have 232 5950X CPU's coming between tomorrow and the 22nd this month ... so I should have that very soon.

I’ve heard mixed reports about Yodel but never had any issues myself. Hopefully it will show up shortly as I’ve heard of lots of shipping delays of late with various companies which is understandable given what is going on. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, B12 said:

Ebuyer sent it by Yodel on Friday and I shuddered when I saw that, read some terrible things about them

In fairness, if you go to Trust Pilot and look at comments for Yodel, then DPD and then Hermes, the results are more or less the same, with all of them having far more good reports than bad.

I am sure that as in any large organisation, including the Royal Mail, there are a very few bad eggs but in my own experience, they are all as reliable as each other.

I have had hundreds of deliveries made, the last one was by DPD, delivery promised by last Monday and arrived at 11 am the Friday before, 18 hours after the order for the goods was placed.

The only one I have ever had to chase was because someone in Germany had decided to ignore the postcode that they had been given and use one for another town with the same name. That was UPS, who were excellent in dealing with the problem, once it had been identified.

I wish you good luck with your parcel but given the colossal volume that the parcel companies are dealing with in these straitened times, I think they do very well.

• Thanks 1

Arrived, Yodels tracking is awful though, its still saying its at Argyll, called Ebuyer this morning who were very helpful, even refunded my ÂŁ14 postage that I never asked for and they could see on their system it was due for delivery today, ... how on earth Yodel's own CS cant use same system too is a mystery? but there ya go, was getting myself into a right Tizzy, LOL

Hopefully Scan come good on those reported 5950X CPU's due any time now, according to the amount they are getting I should be comfortably in that batch ... fingers and toes crossed here :)

p2JWW7F.jpg

Edited by B12

Thanks

Have it plugged in now as a sort of dress rehearsal for when the new CPU arrives, then once that's fitted and case is cable tidied ETC will reformat the OS (even though it would be fine with the temp AM4 2600 CPU) and start the long process of installing and tuning my fave FS programs again ... I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already and FS rig has only been stripped down a week to put the new motherboard and cooler in the tower ... this RTX 3090 is gigantic, if the case was any smaller it would not fit length wise, its also blocking off a valuable PCI-E slot because of its width/depth, so had to decide between losing PCIE soundcard, PCIE extra SATA card or PCIE extra USB 3 card for my FS periphs, decided on losing the Soundblaster SBZ PCIE card and go onboard sound for first time in my life, its not bad, will give it a fair trial and if I cant get on with it consider a different motherboard with more onboard SATA ports, 8 would do.

Pic of it here beside my Titan X Pascal 12GB card and that is quite a large card.

Its all coming together nicely.

The 3090 is running fine though, not stressed it yet, fitted it in case more to make sure it was not DOA, runs quite cool, very happy with it, its gonna have to do me 3 years atENdX8tb.jpg least, just like the last one ... my days of yearly PC hardware upgrades are long over !

Heard there were not many of the new AMD GPU's available, hope you get one soon.

Email from Scan today, they never got as large an amount of Ryzen 5950X CPU's they were expecting at the weekend, but I'm now at position 40 for one, from 211 that was 219 on launch day at launch time, they are expecting more this week, but if that falls through their next batch due is on Dec 7th ... I'm getting there, build will be finished for Christmas I'm quite confident about that now.

RTX3090 is still running sweet, not been using this rig much, Just firing it up occasionally to test utility software and do cable tidying and suchlike ... lucky to have my old parts I7 8700K Titan X 12GB Pascal as a second rig for now, the new AMD CPU and RTX3090 will be my main FS PC though and really looking fwd to that Ryzen 5950X CPU arriving and formatting one last time and installing my Sims afresh.

Good times for sure.

Got an email from Ebuyer saying they no longer have stock of the AMD 6800XT - I opted for the email option for joining a queue on a first come serve basis to secure one of the cards. This was about 10 mins after the launch on the 18th. I can only assume this means they got their shipment of cards for tomorrow’s partner launch and they didn’t get too many. Not looking to hopeful now but will be trying to buy from somewhere regardless. 

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I am not sure if it is connected but it seems likely.

There is a huge problem with imports and exports at the moment at the main UK container ports.

Essentially, it seems that there has been stockpiling in the light of the 31st December deadline that

is fast approaching the UK, causing a bottleneck that some of this stock might be caught up in.

There are greater problems than just the supply of a few graphics cards, frustrating though that is.

• Like 1

Yup, been hearing all sorts of rumours, one was that AMD were shipping in CPU's and perhaps the new GPU's and the situation at UK sea ports is a bit desperate, some cargo ships having to wait before they can unload cargo, flying in small part stock like CPU and GPU parts would have helped, but same problems at airports there too and I guess this is why a lot of us are waiting for new PC parts for our various upgrades?

I guess all of this has to go through Customs, am a scale modeller as a side hobby and had a couple of kits ordered from abroad you cant buy here and they were stuck at customs for weeks on end before they were cleared, back when Covid-19 restrictions first kicked in , the days when we were all struggling to buy toilet roll and suchlike!

Is this the new normal, maybe?

Nvidia were in same situation too with their new GPU launch, but because they were launched a good bit earlier than the AMD stuff, they are catching up a little now ... the sooner this Covid curse is over the better, for many reasons more than our PC upgrades too, just not the best of situations at all in any area of life ... stay safe everyone.

We'll get there in the end.

Really glad I'm not going through the waiting/fingernail biting like you guys are.

Well done B12, at getting a 3090, and Donka, I hope a 6800XT has your name on it soon.

The latest updates for P3Dv5.1 HF and MSFS are working really well with my old 8Gb GTX 1080 - solid 30 fps in both MSFS and P3D (easy 60 fps if not limited to 30) with World sliders fully maxed (P3D) and 4K Custom Ultra in MSFS - all scenery detail maxed but all 'Junk' settings off or min - eg no Lens Flare, Window effects, Icing etc. In P3D I now only fly in TE HD regions plus AUv2 and NZ and find this as graphically satisfying as MSFS. Plus I have all my high detail planes. So, still mostly P3D for me.

I'll wait for supply to ease in the New Year, and get a 6800XT which will cure my graphics bottleneck.

Some YouTubes show that the 3080 and 3090, at 4K Ultra do a bit better in MSFS than the 6800XT, but the difference is minor. Having 16 Gb VRAM is what I'm after, and is more important to me than a frame or 2.

Of course, B12, you are laughing with 24 Gb. I know why nVidia is green - the colour of abject jealousy!

Keep posting, guys, I'm enjoying it all.

• Like 2

And on top of this all, at this late stage, have decided I don't like my MSI MAG X570 WI FI board now, for most folk it would be fine, but in order to use it the way I intend to for the next 3 years I had to lose a PCI-e slot because of new Nvidia Zotac RTX 3090 card blocking it off dimension wise, this board only has 6x SATA ports and I needed one M2 NVME slot and the 6 SATA ports and also 2 more SATA ports for back up drive HD's that meant adding another PCIe card for this, also have lots of FS USB perhiphs and more coming soon too ... powered USB hubs can become overwhelmed, have 12 of the original Saitek FIP LCD gauges and also one USB port on a PC can only communicate reliably with so many USB devices, even on good quality USB powered hubs and USB 3.1 .... so needed another PCIe slot used up for an external SATA 3 ports at the back of case ... this left me having to lose my dedicated PCIe soundcard, a Creative Labs Soundblaster Z ... that for all its weaknesses at a driver level I happen to know inside out know, really inside out.

I tried to make this Motherboards Realtek onboard sound work, but for what I do and my music passion ... borderline DJ stuff elsewhere and the need for Stereo Mix at times, cant get it to work to my ear and others the way it was before, so need a PCIe slot back again for my Soundblaster Z card.

Also, good as this MSI motherboard is, it has no onboard boot LCD that could give me an indication if it ever did go wrong, having wrote that though, can count on 2 fingers of one hand in my life when I ever had to use a boards onboard LCD display to show a code for diagnoses purpose, I do miss a remote clear BIOS button though at back of case for fine tuning, this board has no such thing and if you populate all the boards card slots it means you need to pull the bottom card to manually short two jumpers and that's not handy at all.

When the Ryzen 5950X CPU arrives, can see me doing that a lot to get the RAM fine tuned, not worried about overclocking the CPU, maybe in the future.

This is a very good MSI motherboard, and have owned higher end MSI motherboards before, but since I've spent so much on this build so far, good 64GB tight timing ram, Nvidia RTX 3090 GPU and AMD Ryzen 5950X CPU perhaps a week away, maybe I should bling on a better Motherboard too for same future proofing?

So with my criteria in mind and new X570 motherboards have come out fast and furious since I bought the Tomahawk, what would you buy now in my situation motherboard wise for an AMD Ryzen 5950X and Nvidia RTX 3090?

Need that extra PCIe slot for my Soundblaster card that works so well for me, LOL.

On board WI Fi is essential too for somes apps I use on my Ipad.

Need those 8 SATA ports, at least one M.2 port too.

Edited by B12

@B12  Have you looked at the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (v1.1)?

This is the board I want, but is unavailable in Australia, so I got a B550 Aorus Master. Biggest feature for me is having 3x M.2 slots and good sound. Sound is important to me as I've lossless digitised all my music and run the sound to a USB Hifi DAC then valve amplifier and speakers, with Foobar 2000 as my player. Sound quality really matters to me [hifi fan].

The downside of running 3x simultaneous M.2 sticks on B550 is that they run at PCie 3.0 and not PCie 4.0. So, I got a Firecuda 510 2 Tb which runs at 3500 MB/s PCie 3.0 and not the Firecuda 520 that runs at 5000 MB/s in PCie 4.0. The graphics runs at PCie 4.0 though, so I will be golden with the 6800XT. Maybe, maybe at the time, I could stretch for a 6900XT, but there would need to be a noticeable improvement over the 6800XT at 4K in both P3D and MSFS to be worth it for me.

I gather on X570 Aorus Master, you can run at PCie 4.0 simultaneously 2x M.2 and the Gx at PCie 4.0

My system has 3x M.2 drives, 8Tb and 2x 6Tb HDDs, 2x 1 Tb SSDs

At least the M.2 slots lie quietly under your 3090 and won't get in the road of anything.

Edited by ozboater
correct model numbers
  • Like 1

Thought I'd also add -

I have 64 Gb DDR4, and run a RAMDisk drive, that I can re-size on the fly.

All my software installations are done from the RAMDisk, and are super, super fast.

So, for the 23 GB P3Dv5.1 HF install, I temporarily increased the RAMDisk to 32 GB then decompressed and installed from there. Reduced the size back to 12 GB after.

I have my Windows TEMP and Firefox cache and Windows page file also set to the RAMDisk. It autoboots with parameters and folders on startup. Saves a lot of SSD wiriting and even the slowest memory is way faster than the fastest drive.

PS. My RAMDisk is set as drive R\ and appears in Windows Explorer.

Edited by ozboater
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, B12 said:

Or this one, in all fairness to Asus, my main current Gaming rig with an overclocked Asus gaming board (was my FS PC) with my I7 8700K delidded etc has been running full pelt for 3 years or so at 5GHz, very very reliable board.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-amd-am4-ddr4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-6dv-as.html

If I were in looks for new MB I would buy ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO

spacing of pci Express slots with 3000 series cards is a challenge for those who have more than graphics card. I You have room in case consider AIO for your card if there is one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

If I were in looks for new MB I would buy ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO

spacing of pci Express slots with 3000 series cards is a challenge for those who have more than graphics card. I You have room in case consider AIO for your card if there is one.

I like this board a lot, are they on sale yet in UK?

I have very good AOI cooling for the CPU installed already, its working fine, not touching the new RTX 3090 stock cooling situation for now.

Thanks

OK, settled on that board, ordered it from Scan who have them in stock just now ... ÂŁ390 delivered but love the boards specs, seems perfect for me, the Dark Hero, who knows how long that will land in UK, did a quick burst of research and there are not a lot of differences, if I were to go into Uber clocking, some parts of the Dark Hero might be better but apparently this board is overkill for even mild overclocking and I have already decided there will be no overclocking on this build, its just not AMD's CPU way for general public, they are fast enough already?

This board has the exact features I need and want.

Half thought about ... and since this is from Scan where I'm awaiting my Ryzen 5960X CPU from, heh, half thought about asking them to throw me a 5960X CPU early to save on postage with board too, am very close in queue now and I don't cheat, its all coming together soon now.

Yay

Good review of this new motherboard here, will not be doing RGB stuff, hate it, but some times the very good boards that have it. give an option to turn off :)

• Like 2