active Black Scenery Areas, North and South Germany, Norway and England

Black Scenery areas in South Germany, North Germany as well as Norway and England, very disappointing that Orbx after many months have not come with a permanent solution for this problem and I know I am not the only Flight Simmer having this problem, I use P3Dv4.5

Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem, I also have  LC Europe installed with these programs and have run the Verify Files for each!!!

These screen shots are on approach into Stuttgart , (EDDS)

Regards, Jacob.

2020-10-5_19-58-21-742.jpg

2020-10-5_19-58-43-235.jpg

2020-10-5_20-2-0-614.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Doug.

Sorry for the late reply but I have been away on holiday for 2 weeks and have also been involved in a light accident, but now to the Black and discoloured sections in my Orbx scenery I have done all the steps that you suggested and in the exact order, but there is no difference as you can see in the attached Screenshots these are taken in the Winningen (ERDK} airport area after take off.

By the way this problem is as from a fresh install of all my Orbx programs and there has never been A Delete Generated Files batch file in the P3D root folder run.

Also when first installing Germany South and Norway and also England the Black and discoloured section were not there and even today they are not in Germany North, the Black sections only came after some various Orbx updates for these programs.

Regards.

Jacob

2020-10-24_16-35-44-923.jpg

2020-10-24_16-35-55-431.jpg

2020-10-24_16-36-23-328.jpg

2020-10-24_16-37-11-882.jpg

Hello,

in a nutshell, the textures are provided by P3D and Orbx.

The texture.cfg file defines them.

The lclookup.bgl file decides what will be placed when a texture is called.

If all three match, this problem does not occur.

Can you clarify whether your Orbx products are installed inside or outside the P3D root folder please?

Hi Nick.

All can tell you that all my Orbx products are installed in the Prepar 3Dv4 Folder, and as far as my Computer knowledge goes by the P3D root folder then this is how it is on my Flightsim drive 9A:) Program Files > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3Dv4 > Orbx, and all other Folders and Files.

You mention that the texture.cfg file defines them

The lclookup.bgl file decides what will be placed when a texture is called.

If all three match, this problem does not occur.

Where can I find these three Iclookup.bgl. file.

Thanks so far and look forward to your reply, at the moment I have Germany South uninstalled as this also caused my flightsim to crash.

Regards, Jacob

Hi Nick 

I have done every step of your and Doug suggestions and none of these steps have made any difference, the only way to get rid of these Black blocks is to Uninstall Germany South and North as well as Norway.

I find it incredible that either during a reinstall or update of these programs the mentioned bgl files become corrupted that is something that your developers should fix after all we your FlightSim customers do pay a lot of money for these programs. 

To suggest to us to go through the steps of renaming the bgl. files is in my opinion a very bad suggestion.

By the way these black blocks were there after a complete new install of all my Orbx programs into a new computer and a WD Black SN 750 1TB NVMe M.2 (2280) PCIe 3x4 Nand SSD drive, there thw Delete Generated Files batch file in the P3D root folder has NOT been run!! 

Regards.

Jacob 

Hello Jacob,

in normal circumstances, there is never a need to rename any files.

The need arises most often when a reinstall or other change is

made to FSX or P3D that restores files to their default condition.

This may well be texture files, as well as the one single .bgl file that

the support topic asks you to rename or the terrai.cfg file that you are asked to refresh.

In fact, Orbx Central can also read the file and if it does not match, replace it.

The fix or repair, as described in the topic, if carried out to the letter and in the exact order, does work.

The logic being that there is nothing amiss with the products and that if the repair is done as described,

the entire product and its configuration files will have been repaired.

Hi Nick.

Then why is it that with a complete new reinstall on a new computer all of North Germany, South Germany, and Norway that are installed with LC Europe have not any Black sections until there is either an Update for Orbx Central or Germany North and South or Norway or any other updates?

It is very frustrating.

Regards, Jacob