TE regions and NA regions

Dog4Zero

Do you have to uninstall the NA versions before you can install the TE versions. In the Oregon region I use KBDN (S07) as my home base. In the TE version it looks nothing like it. It has windsocks in the taxi ways and the buildings around it are all wrong. You guys need to remember that east of the Cascades is NA Central Rockies and I believe that there is a conflict in there somewhere. I think that's what is going on in all of the west TE regions. I am going to reinstall TE Oregon and then go in the CRM scenery folder and turn S07 off and see what happens. I bet it will fix the screwed up scenery at KSLE also if I shut that off in the PNW scenery folder and see if that clears up. I think the TE installers need to know a little more of what's already in the system before writing over things. 

• Dog4Zero changed the title to TE regions and NA regions

Hi!

I just checked S07 in TE Oregon. It's exactly the same airport as in FTX but there seem to have been some larger taxiway upgrades in regards to new taxiways, aprons and hangars. These are reflected in the imagery in TE Oregon but not the airport files (which is identical to FTX but you don't see the different layout there because it doesn't have the imagery underneath).

There are currently no plans to update all airport files but as soon as that changes, S07 is certainly one of the airports to look at.

Bests,

Sascha

It all did the same thing. It looks like the airport has been deformed by the new scenery. As it seems no one will give me any help here I have uninstall TE Oregon and want a refund. I also unistalled TE Washington as I see no difference in any thing for me and want a refund on that also. I will do some flying in TE N and S Calif. and if it the same as OR and WA I will let you know. 

On 9/30/2020 at 2:38 PM, Dog4Zero said:

I'm still getting TE Oregon reloaded to check it out again. I'll let you know what I see that's not right when I'm done. To include screenshots.

Hi

Maybe some screenshots as promised would help you get help?

Here are 3 shots about the same place. Notice the wind sock and the nice grass. this is without TE OR. Bend is in the CRM regon. I did try to turn the airport off in the CRM and it did the same thing. Than I turnthe BGL for S07 off in the TE file and it did the same thing. I know the TE scenery is warping the Airport BGL some how. But I don't have the smarts to get to work. So I uninstalled all the TE I got for the west coast because I fly into alot of the little Airports and if they are deformed because of TE I don't want to be dissapointed. I know that as far as PNW it covers west of the cascades and east of the Cascades is CRM or for WA NRM. I bet they all blend well with the Orbx airports I know you guys look at that. It's just the other ones you don't look at and I know that's a lot of air fields.

34KBDNnonTE.thumb.jpg.1a1288b183f711a47086535cb81e052a.jpg

34KBDNnonTE2.thumb.jpg.19ccb2ceaba2c7d49f903eaa67be17ba.jpg

34KBDNnonTE3.thumb.jpg.6f2a97b2d14fd91c15b0f264fd24978b.jpg

as someone who has just got a few TE areas for UK / USA I have found this very helpful, I have all global and region stuff and was unsure how easy it was to swop about if I wanted season stuff but it sounds like it's very simple...thanks for the explanations....

Archived