Ftx vector order in scenery library

coolgovind180

Dear sir.. 

Right now when I check the order of Orbx vector entries.. I see that obrx vector aec is below the default airport sceneries of fsx... This solves many issues... But there is another folder in Orbx vector named Orbx vector apt. This contains several bgl files for airports in fsx... And these are at a higher preference above default airports in fsx. My question is very straightforward... 

Can i move this particular apt folder below default airport sceneries in scenery library? Could this cause any issue? 

I have all my default airport in fsx up-to-date from a free nav data base updater. In this way all my airport runway numbers as well as frequencies snd everything are up-to-date. By having the Orbx apt vector folder above default scenery folders... Many of this corrections get overwritten and it uses the airport bgl in this folder which are not up-to-date. 

So my question is can I move this apt folder below my default scenery folder for airports in fsx and just above Orbx aec folder in scenery library? 

Regards 

Govind 

7 minutes ago, coolgovind180 said:

So my question is can I move this apt folder below my default scenery folder for airports in fsx and just above Orbx aec folder in scenery library? 

Hi Govind

No, the Vector entries must remain where the installer puts them.

Your culprit is probably your nav data addon, maybe try placing it lower in your scenery library.

Thanks for the response.. 

You are not understanding what I said... 

For eg take airport uuww: the runways are 6, 24, 1, 19...my fsx scenery bgl for this airport also has these runways and it's all up-to-date.... But the original bgl that comes in fsx installation is outdated and contains runways 2 and 20 instead of 1 and 19. As per charts it must be 1 and 19..now since Orbx apt folder also contains a bgl file for this airport... Snd since Orbx apt folder comes above default fsx airport bgl files in scenery library... It uses the bgl file in apt folder Which is outdated.... How can I avoid using bgl file in apt folder since I would want the original fsx bgl files to be used as my airport bgl and not the one in apt folder... 

Hello,

the addon you are using makes changes that are not compatible with Orbx Vector airport files.

I would recommend that you disable

FTX_VECTOR_APT and

FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT and

FTX_VECTOR_AEC.

This will leave you with the ability to enjoy  the changes you have made to the default airports.

You will not of course be able to use the airports part of Vector, but as you will have changed

your default airports, this should not matter to you.

Dear Nick

Thanks for the response. May I please know what do you mean by disable these three? Should I just untick them in scenery library? Is that what you mean? What exactly does these three do? Does this fix the elevation only of default airports or something more? 

And just to be clear.. I update my fsx navdata using 

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html....thats it.... You have mentioned about add on not compatible with ftx vector... It's not that this add on does anything else. It's not any add on.. It just updates the default fsx airport nav data base so that all airport frequencies, courses, vor, ndb everything is updated as per latest charts... Including runway number.. 

Regards 

Govind 

Hello,

once unticked in the scenery library, Vector has no effect on the simulator and is therefore effectively disabled.

You yourself state that the Navdata is telling you different information to that contained on the vector airport files.

It does this by replacing some of the default airport bgl files.

To avoid conflicting data, you will need to disable one or the other.

There does appear to be a clear explanation of all this in the documentation of the FSX/P3D World Navaids package,

which is most certainly a simulator addon.

thanks for the reply nick.

So as you said, I will untick the three folders of vector that you mentioned not to have any conflict with my default fsx airport data which are up to date as of airac 2010. I just have a final query. What would I loose if I disable the vector folders that you mentioned?? It wont disable any vector details right? What am i possibly missing out due to this?

regardsgovind

Hello,

as you are disabling the airport side of Vector, you may see some anomalies at your airports.

I offer this as an option, not a solution.

I am guessing that your problem stems from the method you use to plan your flights and you

must decide which is the most important to you, flight planning or the potential for anomalies.

nick..

Let me just detail the issue as i feel there is a confusion. as of now the vector airport folders are at a higher priority than default fsx airport files.  Now, all my fsx default bgl navdata is up todate done using the FSX world navaids package. So now all the vor, ndb, ILS frequencies, magnetic variation, everything is uptodate as per the latest airac cycle 2010. This is exactly what we all want since the FMC of aircraft add ons also have latest airac cycle 2010. All is well till now.

But suppose there is an airport bgl for a default airport in vector folder, and this being at a higher preference...this airport will be chosen to depict in sim..and since this airport which comes with vector folder is not uptodate, it will lead to showing ils frequencies and runway numbers different from the latest airac cycle and leads to issues while landing.  What i want is to always use the default fsx airport bgl files instead of that provided by vector data so that all my airport are up todate. That is why i asked the first question of moving these vector airport folders below the default scenery folder. In this way atleast i can make sure always default fsx scenery bgl will be used ratrher than vector data.

In the case of airport that i mentioned, which is UUWW, as of today the runways are 1, 19, 6 and 24. But with the bgl that comes with vector installation, the runways are 2, 20, 6 and 24. hence this causes a clash and leads to issues while landing (event he ILS frequencies dont match). So what i did for this airport was to disable AEC for this airport in vector tool. By doing this i disabled the UUWW airport in vector airport folder thereby enabling to use the fsx deault bgl for this airport and solving this issue for this airport. But then I cant do this for every airport right?

So i am comign to the final question of what can be done to avoid such conflicts:

a. Moving the vector airport folders below the default fsx scenery folders in scenery library.

b. Disabling the AEC correction for all airports in vector configuration tool. In this way I can make sure bgl airports in  vector tool wont be used.

c. LAstly unticking the vector airport folder as you mentioned.

What must i follow to have minimal anomalies.?

regards

govind

Hello,

Vector AEC is designed to comply with the default FSX airports and correct any anomalies

introduced by adding Pilot's mesh.

The FSX/P3D World Navaids package modifies the FSX default airports.

This means that they are no longer FSX default airports and no longer match the Vector data.

What is the exact problem that this is causing you please?

Nick...

I gave such a lengthy explanation....I do not know how much more should i detail to you. I know that AEC corrects the airport elevation. its compatible with default airports. but vector AEC doesnt modify the ILS frequencies or runway numbers of the airports isnt it?

In case of the airport that i mentioned which is UUWW, the runways are 1, 19, 6 and 24 as of today. After updating the FSX bgl files using fsx world  navaid updater, the default bgl file in fsx scenery folder for this airport also has runways 1, 19 , 6 and 24. However the stock bgl file that comes in fsx which dates back to 2006 has runways 2, 20, 6 and 24. Morever, there is also a bgl file in Orbx_APT folder for this airport UUWW which also has runways 2, 20, 6 and 24. Disabling this airport in vector AEC tool disables thereby disables the use of the bgl file for this airport in APT folder in vector and thereby enabling to use the bgl file that is there in fsx/scenery folder so that all runway numbers are up todate.

SO now do you understand what i am trying to convey?

I do not have pilot mesh installed yet in vector AEC tool i noticed that AEC correction is enabled for UUWW and I had to manually disable this in this tool so that I can have default fsx bgl file to be depicted in my sim which is what i always want.

To put it simple, I do not want airport bgl files provided by vector to be used anywhere...I want always default FSX bgl files to be used for my airports...CAn this be done by moving the APT folder below default scenery folder in scenery library?

I truly hope you understood what i am trying to convey...I dont know how well more i can explain this.

Hello,

I have understood the problem from the start, you are not the first to have posted about it.

You still have not mentioned which flight planning software you are using.

As you have introduced a new database for your FSX airports, you no longer have default FSX airport data.

If your flight planning software is reading the Orbx Vector data instead of the FSX data and you can

prevent this by disabling the AEC for airports, then perhaps you should disable all Vector AECs.

You have two databases.

The first is the FSX database.

The second is the Vector database.

Normally, they contain the same data.

You have installed the FSX/P3D World Navaids package.

The FSX/P3D World Navaids package modifies the FSX database.

The two databases no longer contain the same data.

Is your problem:

1. that your flight planning software does not see the  new data, OR

2. that it does see the new data but when you arrive at the airport, the airport does not match the data, OR

3. something else?

ok now there is clarity. SO i will tell what is my problem.

1. flight planning software uses airac cycle 2010 and since my whole fsx navdata is also updated as per airac 2010..That is not the issue.

2. This is precisely what is happening..when i arrive at airport i see that the data doesnt match that of updated fsx navdata...for eg arriving at UUWW I see runways are still 2, 20 even though I updated them to 1 and 19.

SO i hope you understood this. This problem went away when I disabled AEC for this airport in AEC tool. The issue was that the airport data was coming from vector folder and not from default scenery folder of fsx.So how to avoid this in future?

Thank you so much Nick for the assistance... I have disabled all aec corrections... I hope I won't find any issues with airports.... 

Just a heads up... I found similar issue with EGCC too.. The fsx stock airport comes with runway 6l, 6r, 24l and 24 r. Now I see that after disabling aec... I can see my updated fsx bgl being used.. Which has runways 5l, 5r, 23l and 23r. So I guess the problem is getting resolved by this simple trick. 

Archived