MSFS - Bryce Canyon - The Case Of The Missing Hangar Objects!

TigerTigerM

I was perusing Bryce Canyon hangar shots from adambar & BradB when I realized I was missing some objects from inside the hangar & I am trying to figure out why.

It may have to do with running Medium Graphics settings, or not running A1 aircraft?

If anyone can figure it out I would appreciate it, particularly if its a setting I can adjust to bring them in.

I am running the Standard version of MSFS.

TTM

(MSFS/Med)

My hangar. No T tail aircraft in left back corner.

BC-20.thumb.jpg.dd2186883f13021c7d9132bfbd61fd5c.jpg

adambar Hangar. Note the white T tail in the left back corner.

600106964_BC-BARN.thumb.jpg.51bed5c27088efcd924cdf1de199355a.jpg

BradB Hangar. Note the white aircraft & the ATV on the RHS, neither of which I have.

BC-BARNB.thumb.png.aa92c5c2d5b9cd7171123a50c2ce569b.png

4 minutes ago, Dario said:

Interesting. Mine has 2 planes inside. 

Red on the right & white on the left?

Do you have the Quad bike just inside the door on the left hand side??

Quite strange.

I am not sure if there is a setting somewhere in MSFS that controls the number of objects showing, or if the hangar contents are controlled by Orbx?

Perhaps Ken could chip in?

TTM

8 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Red on the right & white on the left?

Do you have the Quad bike just inside the door on the left hand side??

Quite strange.

I am not sure if there is a setting somewhere in MSFS that controls the number of objects showing, or if the hangar contents are controlled by Orbx?

Perhaps Ken could chip in?

TTM

Exactly, TTM. Both planes and the bike. 
Yes, maybe Ken could help you with this doubt. 
BTW, let me say again, what a lovely scenery!!!! 

@TigerTigerM @Ken Hall

Hi TTM

You're not alone it seems. I have exactly the same "missing" objects that you seem to have.

a) As a check I ran "verify files" twice  just to make sure I had everything. It said I did

b) All my settings are on "Ultra"

There is a setting which controls airport activity. I have it at 100%. I wouldn't expect that this would affect objects inside as they were probably placed there when Ken created the scenery.

0AJkV6C.png

This significantly increases "stuff" going on as you can see

MdZhXLG.png

1S66Mdp.png

But just like you, my hanger is a bit "bare" compared with other folks. I also played around with the time of day, and ran through all the months as well, but 

nothing changed.

StbY54t.png

ZSwo0cp.png

I don't want to "highjack" your posting, so perhaps as the "discovery member" would you mind  filing the  bug report please . Linking back to this posting in the bug submission would then give a good perspective on what is happening.

Thanks for making me aware of this. I really , really like this scenery, and didn't realize that for some reason it seems to be a bit incomplete.

Cheers & thanks!

Pete

1 hour ago, renault said:

@TigerTigerM @Ken Hall

Hi TTM

You're not alone it seems. I have exactly the same "missing" objects that you seem to have.

a) As a check I ran "verify files" twice  just to make sure I had everything. It said I did

b) All my settings are on "Ultra"

There is a setting which controls airport activity. I have it at 100%. I wouldn't expect that this would affect objects inside as they were probably placed there when Ken created the scenery.

0AJkV6C.png

This significantly increases "stuff" going on as you can see

MdZhXLG.png

1S66Mdp.png

But just like you, my hanger is a bit "bare" compared with other folks. I also played around with the time of day, and ran through all the months as well, but 

nothing changed.

StbY54t.png

ZSwo0cp.png

I don't want to "highjack" your posting, so perhaps as the "discovery member" would you mind  filing the  bug report please . Linking back to this posting in the bug submission would then give a good perspective on what is happening.

Thanks for making me aware of this. I really , really like this scenery, and didn't realize that for some reason it seems to be a bit incomplete.

Cheers & thanks!

Pete

I find this strangely fascinating, or fascinatingly strange.

By bug report do you mean to Asobo?

I would like to get Ken's input 1st so will PM tonight & see what that brings forth.

I have tried the obvious, uninstall/reinstall & so on, to no avail.

Cheers

TTM

this may be due to the premium MAFS libraty has more objects due to the upgraded airports, so what I can do is replace those object with stuff from the standard libs, the trouble is these objects are not marked as such. thats the easy method the other is to make some more stuff of my own and update the hangar mdl. it will take a bitlonger but I feel ot's worth it, I will be adding a beacon light and a couple of POI's as well when we get the sdk upgrade to place them. it may be a few weeks but that wayit's just one update with everything.

cheers

Ken

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

I find this strangely fascinating, or fascinatingly strange.

By bug report do you mean to Asobo?

I would like to get Ken's input 1st so will PM tonight & see what that brings forth.

I have tried the obvious, uninstall/reinstall & so on, to no avail.

Cheers

TTM

Hi TTM

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I meant to Orbx as it's not anything to do with Asobo. 

Cheers

Pete 

6 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

this may be due to the premium MAFS libraty has more objects due to the upgraded airports, so what I can do is replace those object with stuff from the standard libs, the trouble is these objects are not marked as such. thats the easy method the other is to make some more stuff of my own and update the hangar mdl. it will take a bitlonger but I feel ot's worth it, I will be adding a beacon light and a couple of POI's as well when we get the sdk upgrade to place them. it may be a few weeks but that wayit's just one update with everything.

cheers

Ken

Hi Ken 

Thank you for responding so quickly :).  Out of curiosity  , do you mean the premium version of MS2020.

The version I have is the one with all the extra aircraft/extra airports.... I think its premium enhanced or something similar.

Thanks 

Pete 

1 hour ago, fls66 said:

Nice shots! But I believe the trees/vegetation in the backround are also missing. I'm having the same problem with everything running on ultra.

Francois

Ive noticed also that some screenshots are missing the trees behind the airport, I will investigate and see if I can findout why.

10 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

cheers

Ken

Thanks for having a look at this Ken.

I think if you are going to add a few more items then a judiciously placed Port-A-Loo & a lawnmower would add to the ambiance. Perhaps a horse tethered to a railing somewhere?:)

We await your artistic output.

TTM

On 9/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, renault said:

Hi Ken 

Thank you for responding so quickly :).  Out of curiosity  , do you mean the premium version of MS2020.

The version I have is the one with all the extra aircraft/extra airports.... I think its premium enhanced or something similar.

Thanks 

Pete 

I want to go back & flog a semi dead horse.

The trees are back thanks to MSFS patch 3.

How much RAM do you have Renault?

I have 16 GB, I notice that Dario has the aircraft/Quad & 32GB RAM.

But my theory of the extra 16GB making the difference gets shot down by BradB having, allegedly, 16GB of RAM, & the missing items..[Can you confirm 16GB of RAM BradB, or did you update to 32GB & not update your sig?:)]

Hmm.

OCD has taken hold.

TTM

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

I want to go back & flog a semi dead horse.

The trees are back thanks to MSFS patch 3.

How much RAM do you have Renault?

I have 16 GB, I notice that Dario has the aircraft/Quad & 32GB RAM.

But my theory of the extra 16GB making the difference gets shot down by BradB having, allegedly, 16GB of RAM, & the missing items..[Can you confirm 16GB of RAM BradB, or did you update to 32GB & not update your sig?:)]

Hmm.

OCD has taken hold.

TTM

Hi TTM

I have 32 GB. I have noticed , on my machine that I am often above 16 GB total RAM usage, sometimes very slightly , usually up to 4-6 GB  more. Also as mentioned in a previous post I usually use between 7.5 - 7.9 GB Vram running MS. This is why I mentioned that 6GB VRAM may require some compromises.   I really find GPU-Z very helpful to understanding what is happening with your system. Also, with respect to VRAM, having anything else open at the time you're running either MS or XPlane can affect things.

It is also useful to use windows task manager when you system is just sitting at idle, rearrange memory usages to have highest at the top. You can check to see if there is anything that is there that either shouldn't be or you could temporally shut down. You might be surprised how much RAM some background items like virus scanning software etc. can take. Just for clarity, when I mention RAM usage it is the OS + MS , not just MS alone. And just to mention I am on Win10 V2004.

I think this might be the best way for you to determine if an additional upgrade in RAM might be of help i.e. are you always right at or extremely close to the limit of your installed RAM (of course if you start going over you should be hitting the page file and that would be very noticeable)

Hope this helps.

Pete

6 minutes ago, renault said:

Hi TTM

I have 32 GB. I have noticed , on my machine that I am often above 16 GB total RAM usage, sometimes very slightly , usually up to 4-6 GB  more. Also as mentioned in a previous post I usually use between 7.5 - 7.9 GB Vram running MS. This is why I mentioned that 6GB VRAM may require some compromises.   I really find GPU-Z very helpful to understanding what is happening with your system. Also, with respect to VRAM, having anything else open at the time you're running either MS or XPlane can affect things.

It is also useful to use windows task manager when you system is just sitting at idle, rearrange memory usages to have highest at the top. You can check to see if there is anything that is there that either shouldn't be or you could temporally shut down. You might be surprised how much RAM some background items like virus scanning software etc. can take. Just for clarity, when I mention RAM usage it is the OS + MS , not just MS alone. And just to mention I am on Win10 V2004.

I think this might be the best way for you to determine if an additional upgrade in RAM might be of help i.e. are you always right at or extremely close to the limit of your installed RAM (of course if you start going over you should be hitting the page file and that would be very noticeable)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Very helpful.

I will have a closer look at Task Manager to see what may be sucking out RAM.

Actually, went out of Bryce this morning, in the cockpit heeled over at 200' above the airfield when I had my 1st CTD in MSFS.

Very strange. Using usual Medium settings that had not CTD previous;y.

BTW - in Data, do you use the Live Data Feed?

Cheers

TTM

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Pete.

Very helpful.

Actually, went out of Bryce this morning, in the cockpit heeled over at 200' above the airfield when I had my 1st CTD in MSFS.

Cheers

TTM

Apropos the above. On the 2nd CTD I twigged it was from hitting the V key to bring up the map.

It;s now id'd by Asobo as a new bug. You can still get the map from the index across the top of the screen.

TTM

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Pete.

Very helpful.

Cheers

TTM

Hi 

No because it seems to introduce a stutter (a bit like a rubber band effect) so I use AI instead. This provides everything I want.:)

Cheers

1 hour ago, renault said:

Hi 

No because it seems to introduce a stutter (a bit like a rubber band effect) so I use AI instead. This provides everything I want.:)

Cheers

Which AI? The aircraft?

Slightly confused.

You just turn Bing Data World Graphics, (BDWG),  Off & thats it, or turn something else on instead?

I lost my trees again when BDWG was off, then they came back when I turned BDWG back on.

There is a hit with BDWG on, but I suspect the terrain looks better - still assessing that one.

Just had a CTD over Mt Ruapehu, NZ. Was at 15,000', outside camera, hit End key to go to cockpit view & bang, CTD.

The mountain was looking fantastic.

MSFS seems to be very sensitive to keyboard inputs since the latest update.

TTM

12 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots T. I think someone stoled your planes:rolleyes:. So why not slap some wings on that cart in your Hangar and hang a motor at one end and Bada Bing Bada boom y'all got a flying machine:D 

Like that chap Mike Patey on YouTube?.

13 Liter engine into a bush plane!:)

TTM

30 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Which AI? The aircraft?

Slightly confused.

You just turn Bing Data World Graphics, (BDWG),  Off & thats it, or turn something else on instead?

I lost my trees again when BDWG was off, then they came back when I turned BDWG back on.

There is a hit with BDWG on, but I suspect the terrain looks better - still assessing that one.

Just had a CTD over Mt Ruapehu, NZ. Was at 15,000', outside camera, hit End key to go to cockpit view & bang, CTD.

The mountain was looking fantastic.

MSFS seems to be very sensitive to keyboard inputs since the latest update.

TTM

Hi

Apologies sir!

I re-read your note and I see you asked about DATA, but I read it as Traffic. :rolleyes:

No , I keep it on Bing Maps all the time. I believe that the tree placement is from AI (i.e. that's what BlacksharkAI  supplies ), so if it is off then possibly no trees unless the area has been cached. Area caching seems to be a bit of a problem area though

An interesting observation. I ran SPC /Scannow and it said it cleaned up a few things. Then I went to Orbx central and verified files on my MSFS addons (not expecting anything to happen) but all of them with the exception of Bryce Canyon downloaded and updated. In traffic I turned real time back on and flew all around (over to Bryce Canyon City and back) - absolutely silky smooth but my RAM usage is now constant at 18.1 GB (MS is taking 11.5 GB) , but my gpu utilization has dropped 9 - 11%. :unsure:

I can't explain it , but I have no issues with CTD's at all - fingers crossed

So happy flying.

This is probably now getting off topic as far as screenshots go, so if a moderator sees it, perhaps it is best to move it over to a more appropriate topic area. Thanks!

Cheers TTM and happy flying!

Archived