PayPal purchase button not doing anything

ShizMaster

Any update. Still wait8ng to make a large purchase of scenery and I’m unable to as the PayPal window won’t open. 

used to work without issues.

I can’t believe this has been going on for months without any headway.   This must have cost Orbx 1000s in lost revenue.

hell my purchase only I want to do is over 600.

don't use a credit card, go to your bank and get a debit card and put the money on the card that you want to spend and leave a little money on the card to keep it open, then for your next purchase put more money on the card and purchase from Orbx, that's what i do, no need for PayPal, although I do prefer to pay with PayPal when ever I can.

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback for the issue purchasing and thank you @Surtur for finding a temporary workaround for this issue. I understand purchasing one at a time is tedious and we definitely don't want it to be difficult to purchase your addons. Our Technical is aware of and is currently researching the issue. I'll let you know once I have more information about the situation. Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

I raised this in the Spring. Ticket's still open. One at a time doesnt work for me. Having to purchase via the website only using cc.

After I do this, my files still appear in Orbx Direct

Edited by makapala

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's clear Orbx have no intention of remediating this issue.

I am running v4.1.40, and the issue remains.

The number of products in the cart is irrelevant. Whether I try a single product or a number of products in the cart, selection of the Paypal button has no effect. The Paypal login window simply does not open.

It would seem the coding to connect Orbx central to Paypal is simply flawed. The worst part of this situation is the inaction from Orbx.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still no resolution for this other than buying individually?

One of the benefits to paying with paypal is the 4 months interest free offer for purchases over £100, not sure if this is a UK only offer, but its annoying to not be able to utilise it for big Orbx purchases during sales.

Could there not be a work around implemented on the website (which i noticed doesnt even have paypal as a payment option), as its obviously not an easy fix on Central for this to still be a problem all this time on.

• Upvote 1

Today it's the first time I have the same problem with the Fast Lane (PayPal) Payment in the Orbx Central.
The PayPal-Window opens and shortly after loading it's closed without any action following.

I had once a simmilar problem, but shortly after that the Central was updated and payment worked again (must be last year when that happend).

Concerning the other payment option:

In Germany most of our "normal" cash cards/bank account cards work as debit cards (with Maestro, GiroCard and/or paysafe Logo), but they can't be used for online payments like debit cards in the UK.

We don't have a CVV/CVC number for debit cards and the card number doesnt' t follow the credit card logic (XXXX/XXXXX is the scheme of the number)

Debit Cards in Germany are only used instead of cash in "personal contact".

Credit cards on the other hand aren't that much widespreaded and common, because you don't really need one in your daily life and often they aren't free of charge.

So many Germans use PayPal or Amazon for online transactions or some transaction services like klarna, sofortüberweisung a.o.

PayPal is therefore essential especially for the German market, so I really would appreciate this working again.

Thank you! 

• Like 1

I don't know about the nuts and bolts of the PayPal situation but there is a bit of history with them. Years ago PayPal blocked Orbx from accessing customer payments, it seems that someone in PayPal decided Orbx was possibly a dodgy business (!) and put a block on their accounts. Took weeks or months to resolve. So who knows why the Paypal button is misbehaving? My money is on it being a problem originating in PayPal and outside the control of Orbx. 

But like I said, I have no actual knowledge of the situation. 

• Like 1

Maybe, but that didn't use to be the case, as I was able to make multiple transactions via PayPal in the past.

Also, I haven't received my order receipt by mail, although the products installed correctly.

Cheers,

Pietro

Edited by piotre

Hello, I think Paypal worked for me.

I've purchased the Monument Valley and have paid successfully using the inbuilt Paypal window.

As Orbx took away my money I haven't been able to download a single byte for several days. With the traffic I think I'll be way into January before I can start to fill my new 8TB drive.

So I was bored and have purchased the Washington scenery as well as the entire TE Great Britain. This time I've also tried to go through Paypal but the window shows briefly and dissappeared. I had to bring out my card and entered it and the scenery is now open for download.

I think there's an amount limit for Paypal usage, I don't know what the limit is but I've paid.. "some" money to Orbx and haven't downloaded any software yet. I feel terribly stupid but I'll know from experience I have to sit the Christmas out to be able to download anything here. That's my bad.

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2021 at 1:37 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think the problem is that the PayPal button can only deal with one transaction at once.

Although it is inconvenient, doing them one by one appaears to work.

Actually, I was able to purchase two products at a time. No more, but still better than having to purchase your products one by one. Thought it would be worth mentioning.

Edited by mikewhiskey
  • Thanks 1