Orbx LC South America and other issues.

Fernando1547

Dear anyone, hopefully Nick (whom I´ve read and followed in the past regarding many matters that have made my Orbx experience an easier one following his advice to other members). The Situation is as follows:

I want to establish base in my home airport SCEL.

To do this, I first decided to give the old SCEL (that you get originally with your FSX Box), with an addon, so I got the LATIN VFR SCEL version 1 for FSX. The first problem I encountered was trees and vehicles stuck in the middle of heavy parking gate 10 (which as of now can't seem to get rid of. 

I had already installed long ago fs global 2010 and recently purchased Orbx global base and vectors as well as GSX Level 1 and 2 as well as AC16. While i´m still dealing with my default aircraft (PMDG 747 QOTS II) which I love and is the reason I´m happily simming along again) sticking halfway through the terminal building and hopefully reassigning its proper position with jetway and parking position alignment through GSX, i decided to give the ultralight a spin in the meanwhile. Corrected the infinite square light images following your suggestions on downloading a patch that corrected a DX10 problem and the squares where no more. I took off in the direction of SCTB and landed only to find elevation errors that may need fixing with the global vector configuration tool but SCTB isn´t on the list as AEC enabled. and I did run the automatic configuration as well prior to that. 

Then it was off to SCLC (a tiny glider aerodrome) that now has the airstrip sitting right in the middle of a near passing river and highway, therefore I land and have cars running into me (collisions are turned off). (healthier that way)

I would like to purchase LC South America as to see if it can correct some of these issues and at the same time eliminate the "patchwork" effect I can easily see while overflying the city. (The river water is crystal blue right now in comparison to its regular murky green color.)

Any help on the above and I know may be asking for alot here (in regards to eliminating the trees on the gate as well as the undesired traffic inside the gates as well in SCEL).

Specific questions are:

1) Will GSX effectively remember and place my aircraft in the proper position on the gates once properly and manually configured? (painstakingly one by one rebuilding each heavy position on the new airport)

2) Is there a surefire method to eliminate unwanted scenery items inside the gate facility that belong to the original SCEL scenery without eliminating the new SCEL items. If it's using ADE please i'll need more than a little help with that. 

3) Will LC S.A. effectively correct and enhance the patchwork effect I'm experimenting and if so will it tone the river water color down as well. 

4) The elevation errors I´m experimenting,  along with the misaligned airstrip in SCLC are subject to be repaired eventuall taking what actions??

Forgive the extensive post but I do believe everything that concerns flying to and from SCEL (and it's surroundings) have been carefully reviewed above and like any other simmer, I prefer to have my home base airport in top shape.

Thanks in advance

Fernando

I’d love to but your previos post puts me in a spot. I seriously doubt my abilities to upload pictures in the proposed method. That doesn’t mean I won’t try but you guys are a milestone ahead and one thing that really bothers me about swimming is having to deal with computer issues that basically take time and the fun away from flying. Today, I can safely say that I finally got a system that works with most of the addons. A few tweaks left to go here and there but I’m on my way. Once Orbx is corrected, I’m going to send quality time behind the yoke doing what I most want and that is flying and perfecting my skills. Thanks again for your support and I’ll be trying to upload pics soon enough.

regards

fernando

Archived