HD Trees and/or Terraflora causing stuttering in p3dv5?

sho69607

Hello, 

I am running into some stuttering issues every few seconds in p3dv5. It doesn't matter what location or what aircraft I use, I keep getting stutters for some reason. Is it possible the HD trees and Terraflora could be causing this issue on my system? My FPS is very good, but I keep getting intermittent pauses. AV is disabled when p3d is running and I tried locking frames with RivaTuner but that made my camera movements stutter as well. Anything else I can try? 

OS: Windows 10 v2004 CPU: i7-9600k  Videocard: GTX 1070 8GB Ram: 16GB DDR4

Thanks in advance

When updating to P3D 5, I also had stutters. I got rid of (most of) them by locking the framerate in P3D itself.

I don't think HD trees and Terraflora causes stutters, I get stutters from time to time when there are much clouds on the screen. When I switch to clear skies, the stuttering disappears.

HI!

The stuttering usually has to do with vertical sync / frame rate and refresh rate of your monitor. Unless you are using a g-sync or free sync monitor the vertical sync , if on and frame rate limit off , will try to match the frequentie of your monitor.

This means if you are using a 120 hz monitor it will try to aim for 120fps. Same goes for 60hz etc.

That is the reason i am using a 60 hz monitor at 50 hz , vert sync on and max frames 50-60. This , combined with three screens and no virtual cockpit gives me a stutter free experience.  If one of the above is not in sync, stutters occur.

A lot has been written about this.  

Archived