Darrington Municipal for MSFS: On Short Finals!

Great news, I love the character of this airport from a previous purchase on X Plane. Hopefully airports such as Anacortes will also be released. Over in UK I also loved Caernarfon and Shoreham. Would be grateful if Orbx could consider porting these to MSFS also. Great work on MSFS so far - Thank you!

• Like 2

Well

I said to myself....I'm not going to buy it, I already have it in P3D...

But after seeing those incredible shots and at that price!!! ($US7.79 for existing customers)  How can anyone resist???? you're so mean :lol::lol::lol:

This is very welcome!

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 3

This is just fabulous news and will fit this awesome new sim like a glove. I certainly hope Concrete isn't far off release as the short hop from Darrington to there is a massive nostalgia trip and no doubt will be a fantastic measure of how far we've come from a technical perspective. The upgrade pricing is wonderful too, so many thanks for that as well Orbx. Let the serious bush flying commence!

I'm genuinely quite emotional about this. So many happy hours already spent flying around there and obviously many more to follow soon.

Edited by Catalysis

4 hours ago, Catalysis said:

This is just fabulous news and will fit this awesome new sim like a glove. I certainly hope Concrete isn't far off release as the short hop from Darrington to there is a massive nostalgia trip and no doubt will be a fantastic measure of how far we've come from a technical perspective. The upgrade pricing is wonderful too, so many thanks for that as well Orbx. Let the serious bush flying commence!

I'm genuinely quite emotional about this. So many happy hours already spent flying around there and obviously many more to follow soon.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward for this one. I love flying in PNW since the old Flight Unlimited 3 days.

I have a simple favour to ask though, could you please, pretty please, make the airport marked with a star on the MSFS map? ;)

ps: can I see the Concrete and Anacortes reference in the original message as a sort of hint for the upcoming ones? I'd love to see again Concrete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hervef2 said:

looking forwards to land in Darrington ! @Andreas Hegi Can we hope for Samedan in msfs2020 too ? Friendly regards

22 minutes ago, quelcertoleo said:

I'm really looking forward for this one. I love flying in PNW since the old Flight Unlimited 3 days.

I have a simple favour to ask though, could you please, pretty please, make the airport marked with a star on the MSFS map? ;)

ps: can I see the Concrete and Anacortes reference in the original message as a sort of hint for the upcoming ones? I'd love to see again Concrete.

I can't say much.... just stay tuned!

Cheers

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 11:08 PM, Dario said:

Wow, that’s excellent news! I love this airfield. I cannot wait to see more and more GA airfields ported to MSFS. Nowadays, it’s a sim better suited to flying low and slow than for long flights. 

+1 !!! :)  MSFS is great and needs the all wonderful Orbx airports addons IMHO O0

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AndyWsays said:

I woke up here in UK, saw it was released and out came my debit card!  Just flown around Darrington and I can defo say all of the unique character has never looked better. Thanks Andreas Hegi it is a masterpiece!..A great way to spend my Sunday morning!

Andy, you are welcome! I am glad you can enjoy PNW in the new sim!

Happy flying!

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 4

Love the airfield, glad to have it back! However the cemetery north of rwy 10 isn't modeled at all. Photo underground is blurry so nothing to see if not modeled 3D. And not being nitpicky but it actually helps as a landmark IRL to  align and land rwy10. Yes experienced in reality in 2015.

1s2.jpg

Edited by RobdeVries

Hi Rob A.,

Thanks for that info.  I now understand.  Cleary, Andreas was refering to the fact that he was modeling the same cemetery look that  P3D 1S2  had which was the cemetery building next to the faint terrain images of stone markers.  The new version of 1S2 for MFS2020 has that exact look.  I did not understand that Rob de Vries' request actually meant something more than what P3D 1S2 had.  Rob de Vries was apparently  asking for an enhancement to the original which would have put stone markers in the grass.  I am sure Andreas' response did not mean to indicate that he was going to put headstones in the grass.  So, all is good.

Rod     

Edited by stiletto2