MSFS London city Pack Arena tower is in the wrong place

I don't know if this has been fixed in the latest version, but the Arena Tower in the Isle of dogs is about 90m to the west of where it should be, placing it bang in the middle of the water of the Millwall Inner Dock. It is represented separately, and in the correct position, although just as a brown circular tower, autogen building to the right of its current position.

In addition the building appears to be 90 degrees off its correct orientation.

For those not familiar with it, it is a twisted oval shaped tower just south of Canary Wharf on the Isle of Dogs. This image is looking from the South towards the North East., in the general direction of the O2.

jpeg

To the Orbx team after finally getting the London city pack this update is a disgrace to be charged for this add-on.

Non of the terrain issue's around your added building are sorted.

I actually have an add-on out for the River but my free add-on is being let down by your work.

I have literally fixed all the major terrain height issue's but Your add-on overwrites my fixes.

I would venture to guess that I spent more time fixing the water height and terrain issue's than Orbx did with this add-on literally no attempt was made to fix terrain.

thameswater.zip

Quite happy if i can share my fixes with you and then you add your buildings to the terrain, I have lots of feedback saying my add-on compliments the London city pack but currently your add-on reverses my work.

Yourlucky i can only upload this image as have multiple pics of massive terrain issue's otherside of this screenshot the buildings are floating.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.10 - 16.19.25.91_LI.jpg

2 hours ago, DOR RAGER said:

To the Orbx team after finally getting the London city pack this update is a disgrace to be charged for this add-on.

Hello,

there are upwards of 400 scenery items added by the Orbx product.

The release announcement makes it clear that there will be further updates.

Here are a few of the things that your addon has done to my simulator.

I do not see any of them as a fix, instead, it changes one problem into another

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

You will see with my latest update that I have fixed all of those issue highlighted in your post.

Bridges are like that for the standard scenery my intention was that I wouldn't need to replace the bridges as your Orbx scenery has got that already.

All the water masking uncovering stuff has been sorted.

Have also fixed the marks in the water.

Haa my bad shared the wrong file.

Actually the work he has done Nick, does improve the Thames considerably. All those sunken landing stages,, ships, boats etc, not to mention water running uphill looked terrible, just a mess to be honest and his mods do a lot to tidy things up. Your package deals with all the bridges etc and adds much needed buildings to the London skyline but in a couple of places if your buildings were altered slightly to sit on the ground at the elevations that his mods create, it would look even better.

Give his mods a go with a flight over the Thames and I am sure you will agree that seeing the outline of boats etc above the water line rather than beneath it is definitely an improvement over what we had out of the box. Perhaps then you could work together to tidy up the last couple of issues so that both scenery packages working together give us the best version of London we can have at this point in time?

Thanks for at least taking a look and being professional after my complaint.

I'm sorry if it came across as disrespectful, I was just frustrated after spending so long on fixes and then having to wait for the London city pack update through the flight sim marketplace.

22 hours ago, DOR RAGER said:

I gave you the zip from my pc  not my dropbox my bad.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z0x9fkk8bd52slh/AAARtoEYkItCiX0if1OSegIOa?dl=0

Hi, I appreciate your patch and your work, but could you please be a little more specific. Where to put your patch (in the community folder?). Where to find the content.xml to modify it?

Hello,

you can find the content.xml file at

WpSystem\S-1-5-21-268106419-3865422791-2152553555-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

With the utmost respect, if the question needs to be asked, the person asking

should be advised not to modify MSFS system files.

I not only asked for myself, I had already found the file. But this whole thread is very ticked off and reads more like a dialogue between two people. And this is a forum and should be understandable for everyone who wants to use his patch.

This is an Orbx product support forum.

Although it is undoubtedly very effective, now that I have seen the updated file,

we cannot offer product support for customer addons or indeed advise customers

to make modifications to what is a brand new simulator.

As to the tone of the topic, it was set by the contributor in post three.

Since then, further private contact has been made and a working relationship established,

as you can see in posts ten and eleven.

I do not understand at all why you would ask for the location of a file when you already knew the answer.

10 hours ago, cbcdesign said:

Actually the work he has done Nick, does improve the Thames considerably. All those sunken landing stages,, ships, boats etc, not to mention water running uphill looked terrible, just a mess to be honest and his mods do a lot to tidy things up. Your package deals with all the bridges etc and adds much needed buildings to the London skyline but in a couple of places if your buildings were altered slightly to sit on the ground at the elevations that his mods create, it would look even better.

Give his mods a go with a flight over the Thames and I am sure you will agree that seeing the outline of boats etc above the water line rather than beneath it is definitely an improvement over what we had out of the box. Perhaps then you could work together to tidy up the last couple of issues so that both scenery packages working together give us the best version of London we can have at this point in time?

Thanks for this glowing reference it was partly my fault I sent the wrong file so gave them the complete wrong view of what I done.

The version I sent was when id made an error not ticking a box so had weird blobs around objects.

3 hours ago, Raller said:

Hi, I appreciate your patch and your work, but could you please be a little more specific. Where to put your patch (in the community folder?). Where to find the content.xml to modify it?

I probably shouldn't have posted on this topic originally and made my own post. So apologies to the OP.

Sorry buddy I was short of time earlier today, so didn't have time to fully go into it I was just excited to share what had been found out.

I know you found the file now but is this screenshot enough just have to follow the file path shown in screenshot  (windows version don't know for steam.)

If not I will make a small YouTube video was thinking of doing this anyway as don't think many know.

Once you open content.xml you have to copy and remove the thameswater and riverthames entries and paste them below the london city pack should look like my screenshot.

Whilst unlikely to mess it up I am not responsible if anyone does.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.11 - 21.54.29.76_LI.jpg

@DOR RAGER Hi, great work, now Orbx London City Pack looks realy amazing and it is really fun to follow the Thames at low altitude.

Just one question left: in your screenshot i see two entries, "riverthames" and "thameswater". Do you made two patches or is one a left over from your testings? (because i only have "thameswater")

24 minutes ago, Raller said:

@DOR RAGER Hi, great work, now Orbx London City Pack looks realy amazing and it is really fun to follow the Thames at low altitude.

Just one question left: in your screenshot i see two entries, "riverthames" and "thameswater". Do you made two patches or is one a left over from your testings? (because i only have "thameswater")

Thanks for pointing that out I don't know for certain but maybe an extra file i have due to having extra files from creating the add-on thanks for pointing that out. Will adjust the above.

As other people I have added only have the one entry and my ENHF add-on also has two. Looks like if people just have thameswater just move that entry.

I can't edit my post above again now. 

Again, great work and thanks for your mod.

And also praise to Orbx for this successful City Pack (after the update) for just the price of a pack of cigarettes.

PS: Now the only thing missing is someone who illuminates the Tower Bridge at night.

@Raller Can you confirm that towards where the river meets the sea the weird marking is gone from the river next to the container dock, should also have actual containers placed and container ship at the same dock.

Also check the manifest.json and check it says (version 2.1)

I'm not sure why i have an extra entry it also has 4 for my ENHF add-on. Maybe sdk related as I say it's new to me today.

There could be a little issue with MSFS and the content.xml. I noticed that I had once droped a freeware airport in the community-folder and deleted it later on.

But the entry is still in my content.xml. The entry should automatically be removed as soon as i remove the airport-folder from the community-folder. I now deleted the entry manually.

You can try the following:

first make a backup of your content.xml (just in case)

• delete the "riverthames" and "thameswater" entries
  • maybe delete also all your ENHF entries

After starting your MSFS, the entries should be created automatically and correctly again. The content.xml file should now be cleaned up.

(The MSFS goes through the community folder and should create an entry in the content.xml for everything it finds.)

If it's not working as expected, you still have your backup-file.

Much as I appreciate the hard work & effort to rectify problems with Asobos River Thames, and I wish they could just drop global sea and river levels a m or two, I don't think hi-jacking this thread is appropriate. Perhaps start a new one with regard to your specific complaints, then it might reach a wider audience.

I just wanted to report an incorrectly placed tower in the Isle of Dogs.

Anyhoo - I just want to clarify that the tower is about 90 ft to the left of where it should be not 90m.

11 hours ago, mkiii said:

Much as I appreciate the hard work & effort to rectify problems with Asobos River Thames, and I wish they could just drop global sea and river levels a m or two, I don't think hi-jacking this thread is appropriate. Perhaps start a new one with regard to your specific complaints, then it might reach a wider audience.

I just wanted to report an incorrectly placed tower in the Isle of Dogs.

Anyhoo - I just want to clarify that the tower is about 90 ft to the left of where it should be not 90m.

No worries I agree with you buddy i was just annoyed at the time and wanted to vent, But yeah I agree I should have started a new thread.

It did appear that your query had been answered.

But yeah I do apologies for hijacking your thread.

Quite happy for mods to delete all the communications not about your suggestion.

Archived