Alaska MSFS glitches - Orbx fixes?

jkb

Alaska is awesome in MSFS, but could really use some help by Orbx. For Southern Alaska,the Homer marina on the spit is underwater and could use a MSFS version of the Orbx airport. Seward airport seems to be missing completely. It might be a great place for an Orbx airport. There are also strange elevation glitches especially around lakes such as Lower Summit Lake by Cooper Landing. Any way Southern Alaska or various high need spots can get the Orbx treatment? Seems like an area that could benefit a lot from Orbx because it is not a 3d city region by Microsoft but Orbx has already done a lot of work there and could be of lower investment to fix than other sports.

Also I think I saw that Anchorage International Airport is missing a tower, it looked great int he Orbx Southern Alaska region.

Thanks all! 

15 hours ago, jkb said:

There are also strange elevation glitches especially around lakes such as Lower Summit Lake by Cooper Landing.

You better post this on the MSFS forum so that the team can do something about it. MS isn't looking here for glitches.

Sure I can do that. I posted here, though, because I wasn't really expecting Orbx to fix it in the game as much as hope they offer MSFS versions of what they already have in the area. I'm not too confident that Asobo has time to fix everything in Alaska and the world, but thought maybe it could encourage Orbx to make updated versions of some of their South Alaska products.

17 hours ago, Donka said:

Definitely need to report it to Asobo for an official fix but this has already been addressed by the community - check out https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/updated-alaska-water-fix

It took care of the water up around the Anchorage area for me , some terrain glitches flying along Turnagain Sound but over all it looks great . BTW the city of Anchorage is extremely well done . :):)

John

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

I think Orbx might too busy developing new scenery for MSFS to worry about fixing Asobo faults. 

Don 

I agree, that's why I meant Southern Alaska might be a good place to do some MSFS versions of existing products there and to add a Seward airport, not actually fix MSFS for free. It was one of their first NA products irc and MSFS has some gaps that would make Orbx products appealing. Other areas look so good I wouldn't be as interested in paying for upgrades.

Archived