TrueEarth US Florida for P3D4+ close to release!

In one word WOW!!! I already own True Earth Florida for XP. Hence I thought I wont buy. But after looking at the screenshots.......damn it changed my mind :) 

Orbx, you are the sole reason I cant control my expenses!!

13 hours ago, Orbx said:

This is awesome.  Will this work with NA and Global?  (I’m new to this) and also, will it include any improvements to KPBI/KMCO or will we have to wait for Cityscene Orlando and KPBI to release?

On 8/31/2020 at 9:55 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool!

Great Shots ! Looking forward :)

For some reason i am Unable to download  TE.Florida Kmz ( It is Unavailable ) :angry:

Could someone please send me a copy to my email :

m.georgiiou@cytanet.com.cy

Thank you ,

Mike 

4 hours ago, DMdoc said:

Can anyone confirm whether TrueEarth Florida and the multiple LatinVFR Florida airports can coexist?

Good question, in testing I quickly tried to look at how things were with LatinVFR KMIA.

If you disabled the city in the LVFR control panel it looked okay - but , as I said, just a quick look.

All the best,

John

• Thanks 1

I have flown over Tampa, and it blends pretty good with FlyTampa KTPA, (although I would like to turn off the old surrounding coverage that FT KTPA has with it keeping the stadium and International plaza) AND I have flown out of KMIA and over to the beach (in an Active Sky rainstorm with the newest Traffic Global) and I am getting pretty good frames (steady 30 to 50'ish). Here is how it blends, note I turned off the LVR city and surrounding areas....so that is all Orbx.

NOTE I also have South West Florida airport and Ft Lauderdale form LVR running as well, so not too bad performance wise. NOTE as well, those 2 last shots are with LVR KMIA in the background.

PS: I hope it's ok that I post some screen shots up in this thread, if not you can delete them. 

2020-9-6_12-56-58-332.jpg

2020-9-6_12-56-44-955.jpg

2020-9-6_12-52-36-190.jpg

2020-9-6_12-52-20-392.jpg

2020-9-6_12-51-23-708.jpg

Edited by RobC

Hello everyone...

i would be interested to know which airports (500+ new and upgraded ones are mentioned for true earth florida) are available in the miami area in acceptable quality.

I'm not asking specifically for the international airports. Since i prefer to fly GA and business jets between Florida and the Caribbean, the smaller airports, especially Miami Opa-Locka Executive Airport KOPF and Miami Kendall Executive Airport KTMB, would be of particular interest.

What quality can i expect (P3Dv4+ stock airport, Orbx light version, or better than that)?

If someone has the possibility to post some screenshots (from above; buildings) of the mentioned airports, i would be very happy about this decision support ;)

Greetings

Stefan

Hallo, Stephan!

See below for two pics of KOPF and two pics of KTMB.  These shots were taken using P3Dv5 plus TrueEarth US Florida which is quite beautiful to fly over.  Both airports are significantly improved from default.  I would call them Orbx light.  No animations that I saw.  I have also flown into KTPF and KTPA.  Those airports were also done in similar quality.  Hope this helps.

KOPF1.jpg

KOPF2.jpg

KTMB1.jpg

KTMB2.jpg

Rod

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stefan9364 said:

Hello everyone...

i would be interested to know which airports (500+ new and upgraded ones are mentioned for true earth florida) are available in the miami area in acceptable quality.

I'm not asking specifically for the international airports. Since i prefer to fly GA and business jets between Florida and the Caribbean, the smaller airports, especially Miami Opa-Locka Executive Airport KOPF and Miami Kendall Executive Airport KTMB, would be of particular interest.

What quality can i expect (P3Dv4+ stock airport, Orbx light version, or better than that)?

If someone has the possibility to post some screenshots (from above; buildings) of the mentioned airports, i would be very happy about this decision support ;)

Greetings

Stefan

Hi Stephan:

All the currently active airports were upgraded to a similar standard to the airports in the regions. A number of airports that have been deactivated/abandoned were also upgraded if they were still visible on the Photoreal scenery. These airport use generic hangers and include parked aircraft and some vehicles/clutter/and people. The photos by Rod show the quality of all the airports in Florida. Also in the Miami area one of my favorites is Miami Homestead.

Larry

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:48 PM, stiletto2 said:

I wonder kow P3Dv4 CityScene Orlando looks with TrueEarth US Florida ?

Rod

Probably redundant.

I'm still on v4.5HF3, but I think it would useless because I'm assuming that the Orlando area has been enhanced by TE-FL.

BTW, I have not seen any pics of the Tampa Bay area or Orlando's Disney parks. Can someone please post some snaps.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stiletto2 said:

Can you post a pic of Disney World's Magic Kingdom are using CityScene so I know what I am looking for....

Rod

Depart from KMCO 18R. Turn right heading 270 degrees and in a few miles (if you are not intercepted) you should see Disney World. :)

51 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

Rod,

Can you please post some pics of Orlando & Tampa Bay area. Thanks.

These are over Tampa Bay, first set is looking at KTPA (NOTE I have FlyTampa KTPA and it blends perfectly) with downtown in the back ground, Then one right over the bay overlooking St. Petersburg (notice the details in the bay water), then looking at the nice job they did on MacDill AFB (which is where we go to watch airshows),  then KPIE St. Pete/Clearwater International, then 2 shots of downtown, NOTE I was way to low in these downtown Tampa picts, kinda blurry.

Haven't been to Orlando yet.

2020-9-6_12-10-28-925.jpg

2020-9-6_12-12-8-996.jpg

2020-9-6_12-15-31-242.jpg

2020-9-6_12-12-46-87.jpg

2020-9-6_12-20-50-707.jpg

2020-9-6_12-21-1-540.jpg

Edited by RobC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

Rod,

Can you please post some pics of Orlando & Tampa Bay area. Thanks.

Here you go......

Here are six pics in the Tampa area from KBKV to the Sunshine Skyway:

Brooksville (KBKV)

2020-9-8_19-53-58-503.jpg

Looking south from New Port Richey towards Tampa.  The community in the foreground sticking out into the water is Gulf Harbors

2020-9-8_23-19-46-359.jpg?dl=0

KTPA with Raymond James stadium center right

2020-9-8_20-7-12-759.jpg

Raymond James Stadium

2020-9-8_20-10-8-353.jpg

Downtown Tampa

2020-9-8_20-11-32-910.jpg

Sunshine Skyway Bridge

2020-9-8_20-16-44-582.jpg

Here are four from the Orlando area:

Disney World - Polynesian Resort, Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom

2020-9-8_23-28-58-455.jpg?dl=0

Orlando International (KMCO)

2020-9-8_23-32-39-615.jpg?dl=0

Downtown Orlando

2020-9-8_23-37-34-873.jpg?dl=0

Universal Studios area

2020-9-8_23-50-5-388.jpg?dl=0

Rod

• Like 1

Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to put those pics together. The reason why I decided to stick with P3D v4.5 was because of PTA. It makes my sim look amazing. P3D v5 is too bright for my taste. I like a dark sim.

With the exception of DX12 and its performance boost, I was not impressed with the EA beta or the water. Having said all that, FTX Orlando looks much better on my set-up and v4.5HF3. KBKV looks good, but I have an add-on airport that will make it look even better. FT KTPA on my 4.5HF3 looks amazing. 

Since there are many wondering how TE-FL looks and performs with the added airports I'll go ahead and get it. Believe me I was hoping that I could wait for the next sale.

Thanks again!

Jose

On 9/8/2020 at 3:09 AM, larryisenor said:

Hi Stephan:

All the currently active airports were upgraded to a similar standard to the airports in the regions. A number of airports that have been deactivated/abandoned were also upgraded if they were still visible on the Photoreal scenery. These airport use generic hangers and include parked aircraft and some vehicles/clutter/and people. The photos by Rod show the quality of all the airports in Florida. Also in the Miami area one of my favorites is Miami Homestead.

Larry

Thanks for your reply- i really appreciate this:)

On 9/8/2020 at 12:11 AM, stiletto2 said:

Hallo, Stephan!

See below for two pics of KOPF and two pics of KTMB.  These shots were taken using P3Dv5 plus TrueEarth US Florida which is quite beautiful to fly over.  Both airports are significantly improved from default.  I would call them Orbx light.  No animations that I saw.  I have also flown into KTPF and KTPA.  Those airports were also done in similar quality.  Hope this helps.

KOPF1.jpg

KOPF2.jpg

KTMB1.jpg

KTMB2.jpg

Rod

Thank you Rod... i really appreciate your reply... the pics give me a good impression. To be honest, not really what i wish for, but ok for the moment... may be someone will offer a better rendition in the future, especially since the interest in business aviation in sim seems to be growing. I am one of them  ;)

Best regards