More than 1 Million buy MSFS2020

Ken Terry

Hello,

it is not for Microsoft to support Orbx products.

It is for Microsoft to support the Microsoft Marketplace purchase

and delivery system and of course the simulator.

Orbx does not support any flight simulators except in as far as it is

needed to make the Orbx products work as they should.

Orbx will however do our best to support the Orbx products and

any problems encountered with our purchase and delivery system,

Orbx Direct and Orbx Central.

Somehow I think there is a bit of hyperbole in that number.   It's "used" not "bought."  If I have it and let all five of my kids, my wife, her uncle and the mailman try it on my computer for two minutes, that's  9 people "using" it.

How ever you cut it, may be some hyperbole, this is great news. A new flight sim base product, which is meant for the consumer market (unlike P3D), a large customer base. Increased sales, means more of the products we like to see. I always remember one of the releases of Microsoft  Halo, it was huge, for a flight simmer, it was astounding.  Perhaps flight simming will move from niche product to mainstream.

6 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

Somehow I think there is a bit of hyperbole in that number.   It's "used" not "bought."  If I have it and let all five of my kids, my wife, her uncle and the mailman try it on my computer for two minutes, that's  9 people "using" it.

The used phrase probably comes from the fact it is available through gamepass and therefore those people have technically bought the game as such, just downloaded and used it.

6 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

We’re still under lockdown , 5 people or less ........ :angry::rolleyes::o:lol:

6 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

No, they say 1 Million copies downloaded AFAIK.

Microsoft have released the figures and pity LM don't release their sales to get a comparison. In the article from the original post it mentions 26 million flights. The only slight downside is MS is logging everywhere you fly and what you do in the sim. Once Bill Gates new 24/7 video surveilance satelites go into operation then our reality is fully  logged too. I do hope that this new system will provide the latest data for the sim so instead of being 3-6 years old, the base photo scenery is months or days old

5 hours ago, John Dow said:

Yes but I bet most were XBox downloads for which there was no additional charge.  Either way it's an amazing figure though.

Yeah, I am such a Game Pass downloader. Bought the Game Pass for just 1€, only to use it for MSFS.;)

Archived