Order of Uninstall to Make Way for Orbx Files

Good Morning/Evening,

Transaction ID is 5f4c19e5e1aaa.

I'm looking to get hints and tips to ensure a smooth transition to Orbx.

This is a clean install of FSX: Steam Edition, no previous versions loaded, it's a new machine.

I just bought Global Base Pack, Vector, Open LC North America they are . I also installed the free Airport Scenery Pack and the Library Files.

Nothing has been configured yet, I noted this option on some of the packages, but wanted to get more information here first.

For starters; I know I have TerrainMesh 2.0, a handful of custom scenery (i.e., St. Barts  TFFJ) and a handful of Drzewiecki Design City Demos (Boston, NYC, Seattle, etc).

What is the recommended order of action? I was too hasty and failed to run FSX:SE one more time prior to Orbx software installation to disable/uninstall other than default scenery that came with the program.

Is it safe to run FSX:SE once, to disable/clean-up the scenery selections/order, then close restart FSX?

I'm assuming I disable all the Terrainmesh since that's replaced by Global Base Pack.

I'm also assuming I disable any of the custom scenery and city scenery, since they would be replaced with what's in the North America Pack?

Thanks in advance, I did dig through the pinned and FAQ, but I didn't see this question.

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Please use Orbx Central to install

Global Base,

Global Vector and

Global openLC North America.

Once you have installed all your other developers' addons, visit

the Orbx Central Insertion Point page and place Airports and Regions

just below the lowest of your other developers' addons.

Place open LC just below Airports and Regions and wait until the blue banner turns green.

Your scenery library will then be in the correct order.

Please do not disable any of the default scenery, it will cause problems.

Thank you sir. That worked. I gave myself a little scare, when I launched FSX and had immediate terrain layering problems, but then I realized I also needed to add the Add-On Scenery Manually within the program. Re-did the Insertion after that, and all's well. I'll get a hang of this yet.

Archived