FSX SE fresh install

Hey, I took the plunge today and bought both global base and vector products.

I did a fresh install of fsx, but didn't open fsx (where it does the first compile).

I installed above Orbx products and then opened fsx.

Just wanted to double check this isn't going to cause issues? I checked the scenery ordering and it has several Orbx items listed at the top and then vector pack near the bottom.

Cheers

Russell

• 6 months later...

Nick,

Richard Rice here and it's been awhile for me as my rig (a Dell Aurora R7) bit the dust about a month ago and I had to ship it back to Dell for a complete overhaul. I got it back last week and now I'm trying to determine whether or not to stay with FSX-SE or jump to MSFS and would like to ask your opinion as to what you would do? That would mean I would have to buy MSFS addons. Not relishing the thought of that at the moment but at the same time I'm eager to get back in the captain's seat once again and would like to ask...if it were you what would you do? I went through the issue of not having an installed simulator thus I had issues with airport elevations, yet here I go again.  Would FSX-SE be any different than before? The other outlier is that all of my aircraft (except a few) are PMDG aircraft addons from the 737 up to the 747-8F. Seems PMDG may not have a suitable '777 heavy' for some time to come! I'm game however, just not sure how to move forward. My only consolation as a fall back would be to blow the dust of my private ticket and get back in the air for real time! Thanks for reading and feel free to make comment if you so desire.

Richard 

Hello Richard,

I am not a real world pilot and also I am far more interested in how both real world and simulated aircraft work

than I am in actually flying them.

I have been flying in real Cessna 152s a few times and been given the controls but the "bug" has never bitten me.

It is probably the case that the new MSFS is the ideal for "low and slow flying", which is what I do most of the time.

It has a good selection of GA aircraft and three airliners.

If you prefer great detail and "study level" in your aircraft, then my advice would be to remain with FSX-SE and your PMDG

aircraft.

The ideal solution is to have both and use each one for the purpose that it best suits.

Archived