Some from lovely London - MSFS

Dario

6 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Hi Andy, if you have  an Xbox controller that is recognized and connected to your PC and MSFS sees it, then it should automatically assign all the drone camera controls to the controller. That is how it worked for me.

Ahh, that explains it. Mine is not an official Xbox controller but a cheap knock-off. Guess I seem to be in mapping my own controller mode. I had the same thing with all my CH Pro controls - none of them recognised and all needed mapping. Still, it did mean I got them largely the same as in the other sims. Cheers Landon (and - are you keeping well? haven't see you here much lately)

@Dario, Sniper has explained the awful truth to me  so I'll just go ahead and experiment. All good learning I guess.

6 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Ahh, that explains it. Mine is not an official Xbox controller but a cheap knock-off. Guess I seem to be in mapping my own controller mode. I had the same thing with all my CH Pro controls - none of them recognised and all needed mapping. Still, it did mean I got them largely the same as in the other sims. Cheers Landon (and - are you keeping well? haven't see you here much lately)

Glad I could help Andy. And yes, I have been well and I have been around here the whole time. I just hardly post screen shots anymore because it became too much of a process and I was focusing more on that than actual sim flying. Plus, my screenshots are never anywhere as good as most of the others (take Dario's here as an example ;) ). Still, I have been doing fine, and have been flying P3D and now MSFS all along my friend. Thanks for caring :D 

As for the Xbox controller, here is how I get my Xbox controllers: https://www.microsoft.com/store/configure/xbox-design-lab/900WZDF9XJVG

It's called the Xbox Design Lab, and it lets you customize the colors of your controller in a lot of ways. It's really cool. I had a custom Xbox controller made that is black with red thumbsticks, grey d-pad, red triggers and grey back....matches my other flight sim controls ;) Anyhow, you may not be interested in something like that, but thought I would share since we are talking about them so much lately.

Alright, I am feeling like we are taking over Dario's nice picture thread. Sorry Dario :)

53 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Glad I could help Andy. And yes, I have been well and I have been around here the whole time. I just hardly post screen shots anymore because it became too much of a process and I was focusing more on that than actual sim flying. Plus, my screenshots are never anywhere as good as most of the others (take Dario's here as an example ;) ). Still, I have been doing fine, and have been flying P3D and now MSFS all along my friend. Thanks for caring :D 

As for the Xbox controller, here is how I get my Xbox controllers: https://www.microsoft.com/store/configure/xbox-design-lab/900WZDF9XJVG

It's called the Xbox Design Lab, and it lets you customize the colors of your controller in a lot of ways. It's really cool. I had a custom Xbox controller made that is black with red thumbsticks, grey d-pad, red triggers and grey back....matches my other flight sim controls ;) Anyhow, you may not be interested in something like that, but thought I would share since we are talking about them so much lately.

Alright, I am feeling like we are taking over Dario's nice picture thread. Sorry Dario :)

@andy1252 @Sniper31

Andy, 

I hope you will be able to solve this issue with the Xbox controller. IMHO, it is absolutely mandatory to have it installed - using the keyboard to control the camera is nearly impossible. And Sniper is 100% correct, it installs automatically in MSFS once connected successfully to your PC, with all the camera movements already configured (you can change them if you like). 

Sniper, 

Your help to our colleague Andy is more than welcome, not a problem at all!!!

All the best, 

Dario

Archived