Would it be possible to REMOVE models from this pack that are actually better in the original game?

I tried to remove the model myself for this exact reason and ended up with a textureless monstrosity instead of the vanilla model reappearing. Re-install reinstated the Orbx model, but it looks like we need a proper supported solution instead of DIYing it.

42 minutes ago, Guest JB93 said:

I tried to remove the model myself for this exact reason and ended up with a textureless monstrosity instead of the vanilla model reappearing. Re-install reinstated the Orbx model, but it looks like we need a proper supported solution instead of DIYing it.

Thanks, please register with the forum before proceeding.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, please register with the forum before proceeding.

Thanks

Hi Nick. I have registered as requested. Even though I am not the original poster of the thread, I am keen to find out if an option to remove some of the models is possible. After spending a decent amount on a few Orbx packages today to improve my FS2020 experience, and the London skyline is 100% improved by this compared to vanilla, the Orbx pack replacing the few hand modelled buildings with lower quality assets is very disappointing. I would love to be able to use the Orbx pack whilst seeing the high quality MS FS2020 Shard.

The Orbx pack should only improve on what is missing, not replace anything that's specifically hand crafted and better.

23 hours ago, JB93 said:

Hi Nick. I have registered as requested. Even though I am not the original poster of the thread, I am keen to find out if an option to remove some of the models is possible. After spending a decent amount on a few Orbx packages today to improve my FS2020 experience, and the London skyline is 100% improved by this compared to vanilla, the Orbx pack replacing the few hand modelled buildings with lower quality assets is very disappointing. I would love to be able to use the Orbx pack whilst seeing the high quality MS FS2020 Shard.

The Orbx pack should only improve on what is missing, not replace anything that's specifically hand crafted and better.

I absolutely endorse this comment. Thank you Ed, for taking it on-board. 

22 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

Thanks, we will remove our versions of default POIs from our pack in an upcoming update. 

I don’t understand the “thanks” to a customer for pointing out defaults are better than add ons. How could Orbx publish scenery Objects that looks so bad. Any add on should have a requirement to meet or exceed the MS POI’s quality.

The first step is to remove objects that Asobo spent a lot time on. That can be done quickly. The second step is to rerender things like Buckingham Palace to Asobo (and what I used to think was Orbx's) standards. I'll take the hit to my FPS. But can Orbx take the hit to its reputation if you don't up your standards on this showcase product?

Archived