Balearic Islands 3rd party airports

Bombachek

I was very happy to see ,that Ibiza Mallorca and Menorca were released yesterday.......I tried to install it with 3rd party airports on top ...for instance Aerosoft Ibiza ,but Orbx buildings are peeping through underneath the Aerosoft airport buildings.....is there a way I can solve this?.....b t w there was a folder”Airports”in the Orbx package,which I deleted  .....but maybe those are no airports but exclusion zones to put airports on top????  I had the same issue with Great Britain a year ago but Orbx fixed that later on.Thanx for any suggestions.

Jan Kin Amsterdam

2 hours ago, Bombachek said:

I was very happy to see ,that Ibiza Mallorca and Menorca were released yesterday.......I tried to install it with 3rd party airports on top ...for instance Aerosoft Ibiza ,but Orbx buildings are peeping through underneath the Aerosoft airport buildings.....is there a way I can solve this?.....b t w there was a folder”Airports”in the Orbx package,which I deleted  .....but maybe those are no airports but exclusion zones to put airports on top????  I had the same issue with Great Britain a year ago but Orbx fixed that later on.Thanx for any suggestions.

Jan Kin Amsterdam

I will need the developer @Tony Wroblewski to answer that but regarding the airports file that you deleted. I attach it again as it required by this addon to be installed. I do not believe it contains full blown modded airports but probably elevation data for some of the island's airports. Tony can confirm.

Orbx_A_EU_Spain_Balearic_TE_Airports.zip

I think many of using this package will want to fly it with third party airports on top - JustSim LEPA is the airport only, as is the Menorca XP package but as Jan said the Aerosoft Ibiza package contains ortho I believe for the whole island, which defeats the point of a whole island of TE. If there could be some guidance as to how to lay these on top that would be useful. 

7 hours ago, benweston said:

@Tony Wroblewski unfortunately for Aerosoft Ibiza the airport and the island are in the same package so there's no simple way to delete the ortho and lay the airport at the top of the scenery list as it brings the whole island (and Formentera) so 50% of the coverage from this TE pack is lost. 

Capture.PNG

I am no expert in this area  but I see a file in your pic, contained within the Aerosoft package, called Orthophoto. Have you had a chance to just remove that to a safe place and test the airport again without the Orthophoto file?

Thanks everybody for response.....I now have a mixture of Aerosoft Ibiza with Orbx Ibiza...the other isIands dont have this issue of course ,because Aerosoft only  covers Ibiza Island ......I wouldn t know what is what in the eventual appearance of the whole island......but it looks good....I created exclusion zones for facades at the airport so the Orbx airport peeping through is gone now.

11 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

You should disable the ortho package for any 3rd party airports you install, and normally they'll be seperate packages anyway.

As for scenery order, make sure the 3rd party airport is above our airport package so that you get their airport and not the default one. 

Tony ,Could you tell what the TE airports package is.....I deleted it and still I had typical Orbx buildings mingling with Aerosoft buildings at the airport??

@benweston

Technically you could delete the orthos yourself from the package using WED (https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/) since it seems the package provides the .WED file with it. You can open up the airport in WED, select the orthos folder and delete it. But you'd lose the orthos completely then.

The best bet as I posted above is for us to work with Aerosoft to get a solution. If Aerosoft give me permission then I can distribute a fix here.

1 hour ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Sounds like it's missing exclusions and it's not something I can fix without the help of Aerosoft because I'm not allowed to modify their airport packages. I'll get in touch with them to see what we can do.

Thanks Tony.

6 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

@benweston

Technically you could delete the orthos yourself from the package using WED (https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/) since it seems the package provides the .WED file with it. You can open up the airport in WED, select the orthos folder and delete it. But you'd lose the orthos completely then.

The best bet as I posted above is for us to work with Aerosoft to get a solution. If Aerosoft give me permission then I can distribute a fix here.

It would be great if you get Aerosoft to addapt the airport files and maybe create a seperate "only airport" folder....mmmmm....besides that:Pilot plus has an outdated version of LEIB airport........ I wonder if they will update that now? (like they did with Bristol airport) 

6 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

@benweston

Everything seems to be intertwined in the Simwings  Aerosoft Ibiza folder...you cannot simply erase the orthophotoos .....it does not work

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 3:41 PM, Airdrigh75 said:

Is there any new about this?

Curious to hear about this as well, as I would love to purchase some third party airports for TE Balearic Islands. Also, are there any plans from Orbx to release airports within this region for X-Plane?

Hi @Tony Wroblewski,

Could you clarifiy which files should be deleted in 3rd party airports folders?

I have JustSim's LEPA; tried a couple of things like delete Earth nav files that were also in the Orbx TE Airport folder or the ortho folder, but that doest not fix my problem (I have the two airports on top of each other).

Thanks!

I've not heard back from Aerosoft so I'm unable able to fix a third-party airport, so my hands are tied there. The issue with that airport was that it included its own custom ortho tile and mesh changes that won't work with TrueEarth's

The conflict of buildings at JustSim's LEPA or the default is likely not from the Orbx TE Airport folder, but is because the airport itself does not have the correct exclusions on it to block out the buildings below. This is not something I can fix in TrueEarth and it would need resolving in the third-party scenery itself.  I've taken the default airport and added facade exclusions that it was missing and attached it below:

a_LEPA.zip

Unzip this and place it in your Custom Scenery folder. Make sure it is above all the TrueEarth folders (basically right at the top of the file). It may also work with Justsim's LEPA, as long as JustSim's LEPA is installed above this, this one should correctly block out the facades (but not having Justsim's scenery I'm unable to test it)

• Thanks 1

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your answer.

Apparently this does not work with JustSim's LEPA (see picture attached).

JustSim LEPA is above your fix, which is itself above Orbx folders in scenery.ini.

I'll drop a line to JustSim support; in the meantime if you have another suggestion, feel free to let me know.

lepa buildings.png

@Tony Wroblewski  Hi,   Thanks for the exclusions. FYI - The first two screenshots gives you an idea what JustSim's LEPA looks like with your exclusions incorporated as per your directions.

The next four screenshots is what I would like PilotPlus's fine LEIB - Ibiza airport to look like with it layered on top of Orbx TE scenery.

I found the surrounding terrain around the airport a little to bright and detracting and didn't seem to blend in too well.

JustSim - LEPA.jpg

JustSim - LEPA-2.jpg

LEIB.jpg

LEIB2.jpg

LEIB3.jpg

LIEB4.jpg

Edited by Sentry11

Following Sentry11's post, I took another look and realised that I didn't see that one Orbx folder was separated from the others, and above LEPA and the fix in the scenery.ini. Tony's fix works indeed.

Thank you very much all for your time.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to re-open this topic, but I've just picked up the Balearic Islands today and I'm experiencing double markings on the ground at JustSim's LEPA. I've got the fix above and my order goes:

- JUSTSIM LEPA

-a_LEPA (fix above)

-Orbx Balearic folders

Any suggestions? Cheers!

1191592620_a319-2021-02-1919_33_21.thumb.png.8c2a036a573e5ea4733b1df43dab7ca8.png

• 1 month later...

Returning to this topic. Couple things I noticed and checked.

1/ "a_LEPA" fixed my JustSim LEPA elevation problems <- thanks for the files

2/ I got LEIB by PilotPlus and I though it covers all TE area of Ibiza, because I found a folder inside PilotPlus LEIB  where files "Ibiza_Orthophoto" are located. I'm not sure exactly what I see. Different colors around PilotPlus airport, but it seems PilotPlus LEIB is only blending orthophoto around the airport at the end.

This is PilotPlus LEIB + TE Balearic (of course in correct queue)

f965d5052c.jpg

This is only TE (with disabled PilotPlus LEIB), what gives me an impression it blends correctly to TE scenery but just colors don't match, and not sure what PilotPlus files "orthophoto" really do unless we're talking about these green area around airport

caa6631bc0.jpg

3/ LEMH from MallorcaXP (simmarket) + TE (of course in correct queue)

1ef23d253a.jpg

This is only TE with LEMH disabled. LEMH from MallorcaXP blends perfectly to TE (just different color of the runway what might be seen in the lower left corner).

6099399fa3.jpg

Edited by F1le

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2020 at 3:49 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

I've not heard back from Aerosoft so I'm unable able to fix a third-party airport, so my hands are tied there. The issue with that airport was that it included its own custom ortho tile and mesh changes that won't work with TrueEarth's

The conflict of buildings at JustSim's LEPA or the default is likely not from the Orbx TE Airport folder, but is because the airport itself does not have the correct exclusions on it to block out the buildings below. This is not something I can fix in TrueEarth and it would need resolving in the third-party scenery itself.  I've taken the default airport and added facade exclusions that it was missing and attached it below:

a_LEPA.zip 942.63 kB · 89 downloads

Unzip this and place it in your Custom Scenery folder. Make sure it is above all the TrueEarth folders (basically right at the top of the file). It may also work with Justsim's LEPA, as long as JustSim's LEPA is installed above this, this one should correctly block out the facades (but not having Justsim's scenery I'm unable to test it)

@Tony WroblewskiI came here looking for a fix for LEPA and this fix works great! THANK YOU.

Can you do the same thing for LEIB Block & LRMH Block, PLEASE?

This will allow me to add whatever payware/freeware add-on airports that I want.

Thanks again.

Jose

Edited by JoseCFII

• 1 month later...

I would need to ask the Dev, but be aware that although there is a distribution partnership it does not mean that either Orbx or Aerosoft would have the rights to make any changes or modifications to each others respective addons. Any technical or support queries for addons by Aerosoft would I assume need to be directed to Aerosoft.

@Ed Correia for comment please.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tony,

I am the Developer of Aerosoft Ibiza, as well as the Upcoming Menorca, would appreciate chat to try and sort out compatibility for our products with yours, @Tony Wroblewski you used to be on my Facebook have since Disappeared for an unknown Reason, would happily talk with you to sort out Compatibility for both these islands with our Products, if you could contact me on Facebook i would be grateful, 

Below is a look at your mesh for Menorca, it only needs to be slightly changed to be completely compatible natively with Our product out of the box, there are a few small buildings floating, our mesh was Developed by Maps2XPlane, we would be willing to provide you a copy of the Pre Release product for you to Look at and adapt your mesh to. 

Emma Bentley

Windsock Simulations

B742_PW_Felis - 2021-08-16 16.09.45.png

Edited by EmmaBentley