First Products Announced for Microsoft Flight Simulator

MSFS2020 uses Blackshark.ai with Microsoft's Azure Cloud - based platform to create a magnificent and unbelievably accurate 3D world.

I can see addon airports with more detailed buildings, roads, traffic, people etc.  fitting into the overall picture,  but .....

Does this mean no more TrueEarth regions ?     (If, 'no' ..... then how would TE Regions 'fit' in the sim without being a bit redundant ? )

11 hours ago, jimmi5150 said:

Any Australian love? Melbourne and Sydney both look like well....poop

I feel like us Aussies are getting stooged 

@jimmi5150 As has always been the case, the demand and heavy cash flow is throughout the US and EU. With so much hype from those dense geographic areas I imagine they want to get their work in front of the newbies early.

Even the Aussie YouTubers are hooked on the US and EU areas... It's a bit sad, but I'm sure we'll get some love at some stage as well as NZ!

Edited by Andrew Hunter-Graham

9 minutes ago, Andrew Hunter-Graham said:

@jimmi5150 As has always been the case, the demand and heavy cash flow is throughout the US and EU. With so much hype from those dense geographic areas I imagine they want to get their work in front of the newbies early.

Even the Aussie YouTubers are hooked on the US and EU areas... It's a bit sad, but I'm sure we'll get some love at some stage as well as NZ!

From all reports, default London and Washington DC are equally not fantastic, so I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

• Like 1

I just pulled the trigger on the $119.99 super deluxe mega version. I have yet to tell my wife! Oh well she will figure it out soon enough. Whats that old saying? Better to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission!

At any rate I'm excited to see Orbx scenery joining the MSFS2020. And since I own the USA titles they are releasing out of the gate, Ill definitely be acquiring those too. It is my hope (I see it as a real possibility) that eventually all the current airports Orbx has done will eventually make it to MSFS2020. Lets say that these products are so good I don't mind purchasing them again for this new platform. Again, I should probably say nothing to my wife about my plans!!

• Like 4

Sorry, I realized I never completed my thought of people are losing out if they wait.  The reason I state that is MOST say they will wait and buy it later. After this or that.  Why not get it now, and SEE this or that fixed or completed as it is done.  Yes there will probably be issues.  There are still issues with P3Dv4.  They fix them as they fix them.  But these same people seem ok to own that.  Or XPlane 11.  Which I know has some great features, but some oft talked about (bitched about) issues.  Yet these same people that state they will wait already own it.    :)   That was my entire point.  

Greg

• Like 2

Please allow me to ask a burning question: is it technically possible to bring the TrueEarth series to MSFS? I really want this to happen as it's so much more polished than the inconsistant photogrammetry sceneies of the MSFS.

There will also be many people flying in offline mode, and a MSFS version of TrueEarth would make their experience the same of even better than the cloud mode.

Geeze Orbx team, you just don't give up do you! Here I am living on soup and toast so

I can afford to continue buying into this hobby of ours and you up and produce product

for MFS. Not being of Scottish heritage I have purchased the Premium Deluxe MFS.

I now see that you even have the cheek to offer generous discounts to improve things

even more! It has become clear to me that either the soup or toast has got to go :unsure:

All the best Orbx team and stay safe.

Kevin 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The airports are instabuys! 

With the London pack - a couple of questions come to mind:

How does this fit in with the streaming data? Or is it for offline only? 

If MSFS update London as part of its world updates in the future, will it just be a case of choosing which landmarks to display? 

Seeing how Orbx and other scenery developers Co exist with the streaming, updated world MSFS are releasing is going to be very interesting over the next few months. Such a difference from the static, hard drive constricted worlds in fsx, p3d and xplane. Exciting though, what a time to be a simmer!! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jimmi5150 said:

Any Australian love? Melbourne and Sydney both look like well....poop

I feel like us Aussies are getting stooged 

Ed has been promising Brisbane with its 2 nd runway

- so stand by for that --- hopefully - but will it count for a discount to owners of the current :rolleyes::D

Personally  -  I havent seen what a mess - MS - have made with the Gold Coast A/P - but that would be on the shopping list

9 hours ago, Phil May said:

Absolutely incredible Orbx has come a long way the last 13 years, masters of flight simulation addons. Incredible 

This is absolutely correct ... unfortunately, it has gone a long way, away from Australia.  

I note with some sadness the lack of love for Australian scenery and airports shown so far by ALL developers.  No doubt OZ airports will come eventually but until then, unfortunately, Orbx wont get any of my money.  This is not a protest, I am simply saying that I only fly in OZ and Indonesia, and sceneries or airports anywhere else, regardless of how good they are (and they do look good) are not a consideration for me.  

I wish the initial winners here the best, but, please hurry with all the rest of the worlds sceneries and airports conversions for this incredible new sim.

I also really do appreciate all the discounts being applied here by Orbx, particularly the ones for Seniors. I just wish all the other devs would follow suit.

Tony

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

I wanna know this as well. What is the difference between this Orbx LOWI for MSFS and the free but handcrafted version of LOWI in base MSFS?

I have seen the Asobo Innsbruck in one of the preview videos on YouTube. They only modeled the airport. The surroundings were left to the algorithm of Blackshark.

With the Orbx version you also get a lot of custom buildings and landmarks in the actual town and arround the approach, that help you with navigation and getting a feel for the area.

• Like 6

Fantastic, the LOWI screenshots (or should I call them "photos" now?) look incredible, if I showed them to someone they wouldn't believe they are not photos.

I guess I would not be able to buy them before the sim is installed as the sim would not yet appear in "Orbx Central"?

Hope that Perth/WA does get moved to the backburner with all these new/updated sceneries to be done. If I can't go there in person at the moment, it would be great if I could visit the place virtually and it would look fantastic.

Cheers,

Siggy

• Like 3

15 hours ago, david broome said:

Hi Tony, very much enjoyed your Xplane Barton will this soon be represented as well as  EGCC?

I also would like Manchester city represented as I feel England, especially N England is poorly represented at launch.

I think ‘poorly’ represented is a bit of a stretch! Definitely would buy manchester and Barton airports though (Barton especially) if they came with a couple of the more obvious landmarks. 

23 minutes ago, superdelphinus said:

Just in the discount offer (and apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn’t see it) - is the 40% reduction applicable if you own any Orbx product, or do you only get 40% off if you own the non-msfs version of the specific product you’re buying?

The latter.

20 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Congratulations. Microsoft and Asobo have chosen the right partner for this job. 29th September 2019 was the last time I bought an Orbx product for any existing simulator. Haven't bought anything since then, and have uninstalled everything except DCS.

Screenshots are looking great. Looks like Orbx will be getting some of my money again on/after the 18th for sure. Printing out my bankruptcy application as we speak [j/k].

What I am really unhappy about is how you guys made it mandatory to buy through ORBXDirect to get the discount for those who own X, Y or Z product already for previous sims (e.g. p3d and xp). I want to keep all my MSFS addons in one place this time (and not deal with the scattered mess that is the P3D/XP addon marketplace) and I'll be choosing the MSFS marketplace this time. This mandatory requirement means I'll have to deal with the standalone Orbx client. Another option is to pay full price. And the last option (which I really don't wanna choose) is not to buy the said Orbx addon at all.

Can't you folks come up with some other method to do the verification for existing product owners? It must be possible. It's the year 2020 after all.

Think about it!

Best wishes.

P.S. can you make EGGP for MSFS before Digital Design does it? It's my local, home airport and flight school :-)

I would second the request about not having to buy through OrbxDirect as I was looking forward to not having purchases all over the place as I've had in the past. I really am hoping, with the new sim, to keep things as simple as possible as far as addons go.

Also, does it make a difference if one purchases through Steam or through the Microsoft store?

• Like 1

Awesome news.

I was a early Beta Tester for FSX when I was an MVP for MSFT.  I was an early Orbx customer during the FS9/FSX days. I left the hobby in 2014 when I changed computers. Now retired and with plenty more time, (quarantine too), I am thrilled with the news. FS2020 pulls me back into the hobby. Orbx makes it way better!

I hope they port most of their PNW scenery (seeing KORS and KTIW released from the start is excellent news!). I will get LOWI and London of course. Probably everything else they make.

After the initial release, and when the plans are more definite I would love to see a list of planned Orbx releases. I would assume that porting existing Orbx scenery is easier than building from scratch, and I know Orbx will do both (I worked in one of the yet unreleased packages). Hope to see them soon.

Discount or not, wallet is ready!

• Like 1

Maybe people should pause a moment and realize what kind of simulator msfs is before competing in how far you can throw your creditcards towards the developers. Some ask for spesific airports without even knowing how they will look as default in the sim. Scenery will change from extremely necessary in fsx, p3d and xplane to a whole different level in msfs. Now it should be what do you want instead of what do you need for the sim.

Ill run the gauntlet so let the bashing begin.

Bob

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bob12 said:

Maybe people should pause a moment and realize what kind of simulator msfs is before competing in how far you can throw your creditcards towards the developers. Some ask for spesific airports without even knowing how they will look as default in the sim. Scenery will change from extremely necessary in fsx, p3d and xplane to a whole different level in msfs. Now it should be what do you want instead of what do you need for the sim.

Ill run the gauntlet so let the bashing begin.

Bob

I completely agree with you. I’ve been testing for the last few months and at no point have I thought I wish I could spend more money on the scenery.