First Products Announced for Microsoft Flight Simulator

6 minutes ago, Mawson said:

My experience with  DCS was that while they all ( DCS and Steam) started off as friends but there is now some incompatibility between DCS DLC addons purchased through steam and those purchased through the DCS marketplace and I got a little burned there so I would wait and see how it will all actually work .

Thanks Mawson, ... although this doesn't sound really good.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks Mawson, ... although this doesn't sound really good.

Kind regards, Michael

I have to say I won't be buying into this franchise until they meet the deliverables they have promised later on this year so I am going to sit back for a while and see what happens. I am not sure buying from steam is such a good idea after my DCS experience as I found that I missed out on Beta versions and a lot of content could not transfer from the DCS marketplace to Steam. I am not convinced you should not buy it from MS store to avoid these sorts of issues.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mawson said:

Absolutely not as there is no compatibility as this is a new sim, furthermore this is a new money tree for MS and I am not that confident until release that you will be able to do add ons outside their partner  market places.

On a side note with DCS there is incompatibility between DCS DLC addons purchased through steam and those purchased through the DCS marketplace and I got a little burned there so I would wait and see how it will all actually work.

Just a note to say I really appreciate the discount for existing owners! I've spent enough on Orbx scenery over the years to afford a few hours in a real plane, so it's great to not have to repurchase these sceneries at full price. Plus, that just means I'll buy even more of them from you. :)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NavySKCS54 said:

So if I purchase MSFS through Steam, will I still be able install Orbx products given that they aren't selling their products on Steam?

Suggest you read this that is in the first post on this thread.

To support the new platform, we will be releasing several products available at, or shortly after, launch. During the launch window, new products will be available for purchase at competitive pricing levels, ranging from US$7.99 to US$19.99 through both OrbxDirect and the Microsoft FlightSim Marketplace.

Kind regards

Ian S

Stay safe

Edited by Museumkeeper

5 hours ago, Woogey said:

Super excited for this news not so excited that you guys have adopted a Imgur for your photos! Please Orbx find a different solution, Imgur is so cumbersome and annoying!-Preston

Hello,

Orbx don't need an image hosting site, Ben used it for the one image, as is his and anyone else's free choice.

Are you having trouble viewing the image or did you just want to register a complaint?

5 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

I don't think you'll have anything to worry about... Also, plenty of videos out there now showing users flying over densely populated areas

Hi Tony, very much enjoyed your Xplane Barton will this soon be represented as well as  EGCC?

I also would like Manchester city represented as I feel England, especially N England is poorly represented at launch.

• Upvote 1

Damn that was quick.  I knew I would be purchasing Orbx products for the new MSFS, I wasn’t to be fair thinking I would have spent ( well at least budgeted ) $100 for Orbx products, before the sim has even been released.

Have to admit the mix of new MSFS ground tech and Orbx products seems a match made in heaven. We are gonna end up with unprecedented realism and visuals that may of us could have only dreamed about during our lifetimes. 

What a fantastic time to be a simmer.    

Huge Thankyou to the entire team for making this possible.

• Like 4

As Orbx Central will be updated to recognise the new sim...Can I ask, will this be upon point of the new sims release, or earlier, say... maybe via fast lane to accommodate us Alpha/Beta testers?

Can I also ask if we will still be able to maintain installing scenery from outside the new sim?

Regards

Rick.

Awesome news. Thank you Orbx and thank you for the discounts as well.   I would also like to second porting over KHQM. Even if it moves from being Free to being a purchase like the rest, it deserves its opportunity.

Edited by kerrygipe
  • Like 1

I want to buy the London package, but what do i get ? I see the KLM/Luxair/BA planes, are they AI planes or just static planes? As far as i know MSFS game will come with no real AI traffic included in the begin. 

• Upvote 1

A question if Orbx or anyone else can comment. Are we better buying through Orbx Central or the Marketplace and would both be in sync? I’m asking because I’m assuming Orbx Central won’t be an option on the Xbox when it arrives but hoping all third party addons available via marketplace will be available for Xbox too. Does anyone know?

• Like 2

I'm hopeful Orbx (or someone) can do some "default" vs "Orbx" comparisons.

I'm sort of excited for this, but not as blown away as I used to be by Orbx stuff - mainly because the default stuff in MSFS is so great in so many places already.

I'll for sure be purchasing more judiciously and only in places where the upgrade is fairly drastic compared to what's included as default.

6 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Can't you folks come up with some other method to do the verification for existing product owners? It must be possible. It's the year 2020 after all.

Think about it!

Best wishes.

I'd like to echo this request please - particularly if one is concerned about possibly using Xbox versions of MSFS at some point.

It's frustrating to have to choose between MSFS official store and a discount on Orbx store.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A quick question for Tony Wrob - will NZ be getting any Orbx love in MSFS apart from Queenstown?

Some of the best (if not the best) VFR flying in the world yet its airports and landmarks neglected by so many developers over the years.

• Like 1

I just have a question regarding Innsbruck. The version of MSFS I purchased comes with an "upgraded" Innsbruck. Is that yours, or am I going to have to choose between the upgraded version in the sim and yours? Having said that, with all of the discounts I'll be receiving it won't be that big of a deal, I'm just curious.

Also, does this mean you guys will be able to make Sitka now?

Thanks for the previews,

Ken

This is awesome! Very exciting. If I can suggest a couple fixes to my home town airport KBUR: 1) Aircraft size at terminal gates is limited to 737-700, except for gates A7, A8, A9, and B5 which can accommodate 737-900/A321. Otherwise, as in the screenshots, airplane tails will intrude onto the taxiway. Also, normal procedure is R15 departures and R8 landings. You'll never see airliners depart R8 due to weight restrictions.

• Like 1

People waiting seems to me that they are simply losing out on enjoying this amazing new sim for the time it takes them to decide it's worth it.  I already ordered the Super Duper Insane Deluxe version.  And for $119.99 it looks as though I will be getting software that I have spent well over $3000.00 to not even come close to performing and looking like.  Thank GOD I didn't buy the v5 upgrade to P3D.  $200 bucks for that when I just bought P3Dv4 a year ago at $200.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     And the add-ons I have bought for it.  Easily over 3 grand when I take in the planes, airports, weather, etc....  I include the hardware (yoke, pedals, sticks, etc..) but not the upgraded computer hardware I bought to run it as best as possible.

Buying this now was an absolute no brainer for me.  And I would NEVER buy something like this that is new and with upgrade potential (and 3rd party add-ons) from STEAM!!!   I know many people that have gotten screwed buying STEAM versions of games....  I have a few but they are all 20 year old games made new....so won't have updates, upgrades, or anything new added.  

As for Orbx, YAY YAY and YAY!!!!!   I also was HOPING they would jump on board and quickly...so put an extra 200 in my FUN account just for add-ons.  I only have one paid for package...the rest I have are the freebees...  But ready to start loading up in the new sim!!!  I wish they would do a KCVG package.  Or 2 of my other favs...small fields....KHAO and 8B1.  I'd buy those the MINUTE they were released.