First Products Announced for Microsoft Flight Simulator

5 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yep, certainly will be

I'm hoping that there might be some 'luv' shown to Southern California...landmarks...such as Hearst Castle...that would AWESOME seen from the (MSFS) air...visited there many times, and took family and out-of-state friends there for sure!

https://hearstcastle.org/

Edited by Orbx Flyer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wonderbadger said:

I think it might also be time for @Tony Wroblewski to learn how to port XPlane scenary over to MSFS and give us the rather splendid EGCK in the new sim ;)

Based on his several forum contributions, I would conclude Tony learned this already over the last year.:lol:

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

Super excited for this news not so excited that you guys have adopted a Imgur for your photos! Please Orbx find a different solution, Imgur is so cumbersome and annoying!

-Preston

Edited by Woogey
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just a technical question: I suppose these work with the MS Store version as well as the Steam version, if I buy them via Orbx Central, right?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yep, certainly will be

Great! Would love to see more landmark products, especially in those areas where there is no photogrammetry.

Edited by Matthijs
  • Like 1

Well,  you never know....it takes just the right bait and lure to catch the fish...  LOL

I passed (in populating P3D/FSX) with some of the above airports.  But...with VISUAL REALITY surrounding them now, ---> within MSFS....I think (in my case) that the right LURE and BAIT has come along for Orbx the Fisherman....to reel me in

I can already feel the hook in the mouth...ROTFLMABO!   Orbx...don't yank too hard...and I hope you are a reel-in, and release type of bloke!

1 hour ago, Árni Stefán Árnason said:

I C E L A N D

Could you Orbx guys pls. pay attention to Icelandic international fields such as BIKF, BIRK, BIAR and BIEG.

Very popular destinations among Vatsim pilots

Love Iceland and I wish to see more products about this country in the future.

To Orbx Team:

Will the new airports features the new ground services and live AI traffic?

Thank you

I plan to chose on an hourly basis to fly either the new MFS or Aerofly FS 2 (new EC135 chopper w/ Autopilot) and some extra special Hawaiian scenery.  The good news is I will have all that AFS2 Orbx scenery discounted when I buy it again for MFS.  One happy camper this morning.  Thanks Orbx.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, pmb said:

Just a technical question: I suppose these work with the MS Store version as well as the Steam version, if I buy them via Orbx Central, right?

Kind regards, Michael

Good question, Michael.  I plan on buying the Steam version of MFS.

1 hour ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yep, certainly will be

I knew you guys wouldn't pass on that. It is definately the smartest thing one can do with the custom library objects from all the regional packages you produced over the years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boetie said:

That's the best news I've heard today.  Next task is to convince/bribe the treasurer to allow my PC upgrade. Wish me luck!

Cheers

Graeme :)

:lol: lot of red roses, my advice!!

• Haha 1

Congratulations. Microsoft and Asobo have chosen the right partner for this job. 29th September 2019 was the last time I bought an Orbx product for any existing simulator. Haven't bought anything since then, and have uninstalled everything except DCS.

Screenshots are looking great. Looks like Orbx will be getting some of my money again on/after the 18th for sure. Printing out my bankruptcy application as we speak [j/k].

What I am really unhappy about is how you guys made it mandatory to buy through ORBXDirect to get the discount for those who own X, Y or Z product already for previous sims (e.g. p3d and xp). I want to keep all my MSFS addons in one place this time (and not deal with the scattered mess that is the P3D/XP addon marketplace) and I'll be choosing the MSFS marketplace this time. This mandatory requirement means I'll have to deal with the standalone Orbx client. Another option is to pay full price. And the last option (which I really don't wanna choose) is not to buy the said Orbx addon at all.

Can't you folks come up with some other method to do the verification for existing product owners? It must be possible. It's the year 2020 after all.

Think about it!

Best wishes.

P.S. can you make EGGP for MSFS before Digital Design does it? It's my local, home airport and flight school :-)

• Upvote 1

I worked for MSFT back in the early 90s, and was familiar with FS going back to the SubLogic days, but I never actually got around to playing any version of it. I did, however, become more interested in aviation in general as the years went by. In around 2011 I checked in to see how realistic it had become, and I was very impressed with what was being done with FSX -- particularly the add on aircraft and Orbx's scenery. But I did not go so far as to actually purchase FS. I still have never have run a flight sim in spite of having had PCs since 1982.

A few months ago I saw a video recommended to me by Youtube. Like everyone else, I was stunned by how good the new FS looked. This gave me a reason to buy a new PC for the first time in over a decade and I've been coming here (and PMDG's site) to see what was coming to FS. This announcement is great news for everyone. I haven't been this excited about any game/simulation since the 20th Century. I'm not a pilot and never will be, but even I want these airports and scenery enhancements. I can live with the default airports in FS, but I don't mind at all paying extra for high quality packs even for places I've never been, but especially the London airport. And I know from years of lurking how great these new Orbx's products will be. I feel like all the years of hard work you folks have put into your products is really going to pay off now as people like me enter this hobby for the first time. And those who have been in the hobby all along will be able to feel some of the same joy of discovery they had decades ago when they first experienced FS9 or FSX. I wish you all the financial and critical success I trust you will achieve and am certain you have earned.  

Congratulations, Orbx. I will look forward to every new announcement from now on.

• Like 3

Fantastic....and a bit expected....news and promising for more enhanced airports and cities worldwide. One question remains for me: Innsbruck(LOWI) is announced as part of the handcrafted airports by release of MSFS2020. What will be the upgrade offers above via the Orbx-version and will it pricewise a worthy upgrade?

Especially London wasn't looking good regarding the landmarks&buildings by default. Now a very worthy enhancement together with London-City airport, a must have for sure. 

• Like 2

Will the x platform discounts be permanent or just an opening special? I won't be buying into this new franchise until it has Vr and helicopters and few other functions so I won't be joining this franchise until they deliver what is being promised. 

I can't see a lot of difference in these screenshots from the other quality Orbx products already for the other sims. I thought this MSFS was going to be a lot better in terms of what the world looks like but I can't see anything more than a marginal improvement on the graphics from p3D v5.

5 minutes ago, baard52 said:

This is great news. My only important question is: Does it support airplanes from FSX? I have a lot of money into those and hope it's supported!

Absolutely not as there is no compatibility as this is a new sim, furthermore this is a new money tree for MS and I am not that confident until release that you will be able to do add ons outside their partner  market places.

On a side note with DCS there is incompatibility between DCS DLC addons purchased through steam and those purchased through the DCS marketplace and I got a little burned there so I would wait and see how it will all actually work.

Edited by Mawson

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

My experience with  DCS was that while they all ( DCS and Steam) started off as friends but there is now some incompatibility between DCS DLC addons purchased through steam and those purchased through the DCS marketplace and I got a little burned there so I would wait and see how it will all actually work .

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ikbenik said:

One question remains for me: Innsbruck(LOWI) is announced as part of the handcrafted airports by release of MSFS2020. What will be the upgrade offers above via the Orbx-version and will it pricewise a worthy upgrade?

I wanna know this as well. What is the difference between this Orbx LOWI for MSFS and the free but handcrafted version of LOWI in base MSFS?

• Like 1

Just now, Doc_Z said:

Wonderful new scenery, let's hope we get some updated aircraft to fly over it with. 

Are they not just ported over versions from existing scenery for existing sims, so what's new other than a fee to pay for another of the same product? I have actually bought in some cases these airports three times, P3d, Aerofly and XPlane 11.