IPACS released Alpha for Aerofly FS2 with preview of EC-135

HiFlyer

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/ipacs-released-alpha-aerofly-fs2-preview-ec-135

Dear Aerofly FS users,

we are finally ready to present to you the latest addition to our fleet, the EC135 helicopter in a beta version. You may ask, why don't you officially release it? While it's already in a very accurate, complete and enjoyable state, we intend to further tweak some parameters to make the EC135 just as perfect as the R22.

We are currently working together with real pilots and try to incorporate their feedback to futher optimize the flight model. So just keep in mind, the EC135 is still a work in progress.

Please also keep in mind, it's a beta version. So you may find bugs here and there. Especially our new navigation feature with selectable departures and approaches needs some more tuning, so we would appreciate your feedback here.

As of know the public available Steam channels 'alpha' and 'beta' currently contain the same builds. If you want to opt out of this beta version, switch back to the 'default' channel again.

THfOFD.jpg

hvQBUQ.jpg

gfFA1w.jpg

Bw4sE9.jpg

gwfYPh.jpg

oBgyEc.jpg

MDxZXS.jpg

X297bL.jpg

It's a real ripper helicopter , beautifully modeled and performs like its real life counterpart. A cottage simulator delivered what they Billions that back Microsoft could not deliver with MSFS 2020. Well done to the team at IPACS keep up the good work for all us VR heli Simmers  as MS and their X Box Game have lost me.

In honour of such a finely crafted piece of machinery I just jumped in and recorded a flight around KEGE Eagle County Airport.  I think you'll agree the detail in the cockpit is second to none, and while it's not easy to fly smoothly it is easier than the AFS2 R22!

2 hours ago, John Dow said:

In honour of such a finely crafted piece of machinery I just jumped in and recorded a flight around KEGE Eagle County Airport.  I think you'll agree the detail in the cockpit is second to none, and while it's not easy to fly smoothly it is easier than the AFS2 R22!

I agree it looks and flies beautifully but don't knock the r22 , I learned to fly in it in real life and by god once you tame that little squirrel it has a place in your heart . The problem I had going to the bigger machines was that things happen slower and more smoothly but that means they things you want to happen fast like slowing down happen slowly too!

6 hours ago, Mawson said:

A cottage simulator delivered what they Billions that back Microsoft could not deliver with MSFS 2020. 

Here we go again. Yawn!

MS/Asobo probably could, but just don't have any inteterest.

4 hours ago, Mawson said:

If you are going to have smart thing to say then here is some  free advice for you,  next time  know how to  spell  "inteterest"   :D  otherwise you look like a bit of a "numpty" having a crack and not knowing how to spell ( not even close) .  Anyway  you are  wrong like usual as it looks like Asobo have a lot of interest now as they have had to back peddle and promise the missing features due to the "shellacking" they copped in the various forums.  So while you were yawning they were wide awake at Asobo !

English is not everyone's native language so be aware that spelling errors may occur. 

Indeed, let's not go down that path, back "peddle" is in fact spelt "pedal".

What is the difference between pedal and peddle?

Pedal is a noun referring to a lever pressed or activated by the foot. Pedal is also a verb meaning to push pedals.

Peddle is a verb meaning to sell goods or to promote ideas.

Given the point well made by Jon, not to mention those that may also have conditions such a dyslexia.

Internet forums are not a good place to try and make fun of or criticise another's text.

This one is no exception, any form of personal attack on another customer is unacceptable.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:15 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Given the point well made by Jon, not to mention those that may also have conditions such a dyslexia.

Internet forums are not a good place to try and make fun of or criticise another's text.

This one is no exception, any form of personal attack on another customer is unacceptable.

Well in testing the EC 135 true to form if you over- torque the gearbox you don't have enough left pedal . IPACS have done a fantastic job on this helicopter and considering it's only an Alpha release its outstanding!

On 8/10/2020 at 2:10 AM, Jon Clarke said:

English is not everyone's native language so be aware that spelling errors may occur. 

One should also be aware that not everyone has the same interest's as others so that if helicopters are not your thing then why get involved in a helicopter thread other than to be unpleasant. 

On 8/8/2020 at 10:01 PM, John Dow said:

What do you use to record this? I can't use my usual software since I changed to Vulkan. Do you use VR while recording or is this off a flat screen?

On 8/9/2020 at 8:10 PM, Jon Clarke said:

On 8/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, Nick Cooper said:

I actually know how to spell interest. Typing quickly without spectalcles on a small smartphone keypad can sometimes cause funny typos.

Just now, wolfko said:

I actually know how to spell interest. Typing quickly without spectalcles on a small smartphone keypad can sometimes cause funny typos.

Can we get back to the Aerofly helicopter please before this turns into something else and the thread is locked?

1 hour ago, Mawson said:

What do you use to record this? I can't use my usual software since I changed to Vulkan. Do you use VR while recording or is this off a flat screen?

Hi Mawson

I use the Nvidia GeForce Experience program, the recording function is accessible through the Settings function, then IN-GAME OVERLAY.  I'm pretty sure all Nvidia cards of GTX9 series or above support it.

And no I don't have VR, I use a 40" monitor at 4K so the detail is incredible.

22 hours ago, John Dow said:

Hi Mawson

I use the Nvidia GeForce Experience program, the recording function is accessible through the Settings function, then IN-GAME OVERLAY.  I'm pretty sure all Nvidia cards of GTX9 series or above support it.

And no I don't have VR, I use a 40" monitor at 4K so the detail is incredible.

Ok never tried that, I used to use FRAPS but it does not work with Vulcan.  I just can't go back to a screen after VR  for helicopters even at 4k ! Thanks I'll try your tip.

Archived