Hollywood sign also showing on reverse side of hill

Not seen this before.

In the Hollywood Burbank scenery when I look over towards the hills I can see the Hollywood sign showing through the terrain (sign is also backwards.)

Had seen a similar thing on the big black sign in the warner brothers studios where from not too far from the distance it was appearing 'through' the building and backwards.

Any ideas?

agMckbe.png

4xwLcCa.png

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I cannot replicate this in either P3D v4 or in v5.

At Burbank I see this on the ground and on take off but not long after getting airborne as I had towards it the reversed sign gradually ‘melts’ into the terrain.  I am just using standard P3Dv5 and Orbx so odd you don’t see it but I do.  Must be a setting somewhere that I have differently to you but can’t think what is causing it.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I cannot replicate this in either P3D v4 or in v5.

Hi Nick, 

Played with settings and it's still in there.  Seeing as we are both using standard V5 with Orbx would you mind posting your V5 'World' settings just so I can see if there is anything I am missing that could identify this?  These are mine.

image.thumb.png.80bfaf32d052a17dc4acf2dbfaf05b91.png

• 4 weeks later...

Frankly I'm miffed as hell! :angry: I've just done a flight from Santa Barbara to Burbank. I specially wanted to see the reverse Hollywood for a cheap larf. IT WASN'T THERE! I did three circuits of the Hollywood Hills and only the one at the front shows. I feel cheated.

Is that an Orbx 'Hollywood' sign or a MSFS one? Bloody good either way.

Archived