P3D True Earth Demo ?

Gabe777

I note there IS a demo for X plane. Any chance of one for P3D in the UK  ?

Or..... can we enjoy a 50 percent discount before FS2020 is released ?

.....Got a feeling FS2020 will be a slooooow burner for a looooong time, and although I will be getting it, I will be enjoying my aircraft and regions + custom airports, in P3D, for some time to come !

Cheers.

I wish there was one as I bought TE Washington and didn't like it at all. If there was a demo for TE to see how it looked and preform on my system that would have been great, then I wouldn't have wasted the money.

11 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

I note there IS a demo for X plane. Any chance of one for P3D in the UK  ?

Or..... can we enjoy a 50 percent discount before FS2020 is released ?

.....Got a feeling FS2020 will be a slooooow burner for a looooong time, and although I will be getting it, I will be enjoying my aircraft and regions + custom airports, in P3D, for some time to come !

Cheers.

Get XP,  then you will have your demo.B)

I have TE GB north and south for XPlane and I find it incredibly detailed. I have reverted to VFR flying because the graphics are so good. Currently on a coastal trip around the UK stopping off at as many airports/airfields as I can which is something I have never done in thirty years of simming. I have also the same products for P3dv4.5 which is very good too but I prefer the XPlane version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 1:32 PM, flyingfish55 said:

I have TE GB north and south for XPlane and I find it incredibly detailed. I have reverted to VFR flying because the graphics are so good. Currently on a coastal trip around the UK stopping off at as many airports/airfields as I can which is something I have never done in thirty years of simming. I have also the same products for P3dv4.5 which is very good too but I prefer the XPlane version.

Yes, for some reason X plane seems to deal with photoscenery better than P3D.

1 hour ago, Gabe_62 said:

Yes, for some reason X plane seems to deal with photoscenery better than P3D.

One of the reasons for this is that X-Plane was designed to primarily use ortho (photo) scenery overlaid on the terrain and P3D was designed to primarily use land class overlays.  Here are a few development realities when dealing with two very differently designed simulators:

1. Orbx TrueEarth always releases on X-Plane first because it is easier to develop ortho based scenery on a sim designed for it (better tools etc.).  Then Orbx ports the TrueEarth solution to P3D.

2. X-Plane can never get the Orbx Global LC solution since it is based on land class.  

3.  In X-Plane road vectors can sit on top of ortho scenery which can make the roads all look very uniform but clean. 

4. In P3D, ortho scenery sits on top of road vectors which sit on top of land class.  Therefore, road vectors can never sit on top of ortho scenery which means the P3D roads, in TrueEarth,  have to be whatever the ortho scenery quality provides.    

Differences like these can make it quite difficult to port P3D based payware to X-Plane and vice versa.  

Rod

• 1 month later...

Being an Orbx Customer for only 6 months now, I am already hooked. Especially your regions are wonderful.

So far I haven't bought any True Earth product. And that's mainly because I have some doubts about it:

1. How is the performance on my system using P3Dv4? Especially over a big city like London.

2. Would I be so amazed with the photorealistic display that I can overcome that its only one season ? Normally I love to fly on a snowy winter day and wouldn't really buy a product that doesn't provide seasonal textures.

3. The videos you can find and all the reviews raising even more questions than providing answers.

Having tested your NA PNW demo before buying the full product, I think a (small) Demo of TE GB South (for example) would be really really helpful to consider a purchase.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:29 AM, Al Teich said:

1. How is the performance on my system using P3Dv4? Especially over a big city like London.

This is a huge concern for me also not having a super high end PC.

Would be nice to have a demo.

And/or a refund policy if a certain amount of FPS is lost.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to be a pain in the ... well .. ehm ... neck

But the issue still exist. I am really interested in buying a TE product. May it be one of the GB sceneries or one of the Cali sceneries.

Again, as an example, I tested the PNW demo before finally buying it, because I liked it and the performance on my PC was awesome. 

And, on the other hand,  the Tasmania demo, for making my decision to not buy the Australia scenery.

Sorry that I don't want to invest 55 AUD just to realize that London or LA are a dia show OR even not a dia show. How should I know without testing ? System requirements are useful, but every system works differently.

So, again, I kindly ask you guys at Orbx to provide a TE Demo which can show all the features as well as performance peaks. A small area with dense scenery would be cool. Maybe London ? Or the Bay area. LA ? Amsterdam ? I don't know...

Talking about all platforms but P3Dv4 in particular. That is what I am running.

Please let us know if this is possible. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Ed,

are there already any news from the devs regarding a possible TE Demo for P3D (v 4.5 and 5) ?

Obviously it seems to be not that easy and most likely not something that is on top of any to-do-list at the moment.

Nevertheless, it definitely holds some people (like me) back from purchasing this kind of content.

At this point I would even be happy with ANY kind of demo. Scratch that "dense" area stuff if it causes headaches for the devs. I would be even happy with a demo that at least shows some urban area, some country side, a river, maybe an airport... things like that.

Thanks for taking care,

Al 

On 2/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, Al Teich said:

Hello Ed,

are there already any news from the devs regarding a possible TE Demo for P3D (v 4.5 and 5) ?

Obviously it seems to be not that easy and most likely not something that is on top of any to-do-list at the moment.

Nevertheless, it definitely holds some people (like me) back from purchasing this kind of content.

At this point I would even be happy with ANY kind of demo. Scratch that "dense" area stuff if it causes headaches for the devs. I would be even happy with a demo that at least shows some urban area, some country side, a river, maybe an airport... things like that.

Thanks for taking care,

Al 

Yup, same here. 

I keep an eye on couple of TE products, but without demo my level of confidence is too low.

&

PS

I went into ORBS Global products exactly because I tried Iceland and Tasmania couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really appreciate if you, Ed (or anyone of the staff), could give us some news about this topic.

Six weeks ago it was promised, that the devs would be asked if it is possible to isolate an area of TE for demo purposes, but since then, we are waiting for any kind of answer regarding this topic.

Thanks a lot,

Al

Archived