True Earth HD XPlane - Central Extremely slow to do texture conversion

Dear Orbx Forums,

I have recently struck issues with Orbx Central (I am using the current latest version). I am trying to install True Earth HD North Cali and while the download is fine, the texture conversion is extremely slow.

I have an i9 9900K so i dont think my system is the issue.

When I look at CPU uesage of the complier in task manager it seems very low.

It is ticking over at one every few 10-30 seconds and there are 17000 files...... please help!

7 hours ago, ldgrant77@yahoo.com.au said:

Dear Orbx Forums,

I have recently struck issues with Orbx Central (I am using the current latest version). I am trying to install True Earth HD North Cali and while the download is fine, the texture conversion is extremely slow.

I have an i9 9900K so i dont think my system is the issue.

When I look at CPU uesage of the complier in task manager it seems very low.

It is ticking over at one every few 10-30 seconds and there are 17000 files...... please help!

Please oblige and post this issue on the Orbx Central support forum.

II will see if @Nick Cooper can move it there for you. They will be far better at resolving the cause than I am in XP support.

I already did that.

FWIW I have now been able to install oregon today and all GB TE products.

The issue to me isn't that its not doing the conversions in the background, the issue is the Orbx central progress bar does not move accurately with what is actually happening in the folders.

I can sit in the textures file folder and watch thousands of files convert and in parallel the progress bar in Orbx Central does not move..... for at least 10 minutes.....

I was able to find this by doing a lot of digging and finding out how your software "does its thing" in the background.

This kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a "progress bar" in the central app.

I hope you guys can improve this... you may actually find the "my installation is frozen or not working" complaints drop.

Archived