Night lighting really bad

Ok so I have recently done a fresh install of my p3d4.5 and everything seems to be good except for the night lighting.  It is terrible.  I mainly fly out of ymml but it is at all airports.   It doesn’t matter what altitude your at but all that is lit is the buildings.   It doesn’t show any street lights or roads at all and the buildings look ridiculous. I’m not sure if this is a setting in p3d that I haven’t done.  Or is it Orbx not set properly.  I have run the Light configuration.  And it made no difference.  I’m running ftx global and vector and have a few Orbx airports including ymml.  The other issue I have is the lights on the runway at ymml are huge and flare all over the runway.  

does anyone know or can help me set up my night lighting so it looks more realistic.  I’m not looking for perfection,  I just want it to look good.  

Ok so I’ve managed to get some street lights and Orbx lights to show up but they do seem sparse.  But the buildings still look way to bright and white.  You don’t really see buildings at night very well when at altitude.  I can’t seem to find the settings for light on buildings.  I guess there isn’t one.   But I’ve seen other simmers pics and they look really good with roads and hwy,s showing up strong and the rest is quite dark.   I don’t know where to begin with this. 

but ymml runway lights are a real problem and I have brought this up before and someone put up a file to try but it only reduced the size a little bit.  None of the other Orbx airports have any issues like this.  Is there a way to use the files from say ybbn to fix the lights at ymml?  
I took off in a Mooney acclaim last night on runway 34 and the lights were shining twice as high as the plane. Lol.  I couldn’t see the runway at all.  

Hello,

while the runway lights at YMML are a bit large, they don't outstrip an aircraft.

Apart from YMML, what other Orbx products do you have, what, if any software

do you have that modifies the shaders, what settings are you using in P3D and

can you show a typical screen shot please.

Thanks.

On 7/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

while the runway lights at YMML are a bit large, they don't outstrip an aircraft.

Apart from YMML, what other Orbx products do you have, what, if any software

do you have that modifies the shaders, what settings are you using in P3D and

can you show a typical screen shot please.

Thanks.

so I have ymav ybbn ybsc.   They all seem fine.    The only shader addon I think would be PTA but I tried turning that off and it made no difference.  P3d settings are set fairly low.  Is there a specific setting I should look for?

On 7/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, medx421 said:

Regarding the amount of your lighting, what are your autogen settings?  Orbx night lighting is embedded in the autogen, specifically trees.

both buildings and trees auto gen is set to medium.  I’ll try and get a screenshot later and post it.  

4 hours ago, Couger said:

both buildings and trees auto gen is set to medium.  I’ll try and get a screenshot later and post it.  

Just for experimentation, try maxing out your trees autogen and compare the night lighting.  If you see a difference, I have a few other tweaks that can help with density and distance of lighting.

Dears my YMML light are looking bad as well. 

I have all stuff installed in Australia. I tried already a bunch of stuff nothing helps. 

thanks for ideas. I try the autogen for trees now. Never thought, there is an relation. 

Another thing. All mauals from Orbx do not match the wording of the sim settings. 

Example. the base pack is saying level of detail radius should be set to large. So when i open the sim. There is no large. Sim has low, medium, high, ultra and max. So what is large. Could anybody from Orbx please update all manuals (pdfs). this would be great. 

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 04.06.2020 17_12_58.png

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4 04.06.2020 17_16_19.png

changing the vegetation or building density does not help. 

I have similar issues at EDDF from Aerosoft and EDDL from Justsim. But only those Airports. If any dev wants to see state of the art taxway lighting look to Taxi2Gate EDDM

1 hour ago, DriverX said:

changing the vegetation or building density does not help. 

I have similar issues at EDDF from Aerosoft and EDDL from Justsim. But only those Airports. If any dev wants to see state of the art taxway lighting look to Taxi2Gate EDDM

The tree autogen reflects the night lighting you will see outside the airport.  It was only that half of @Couger 's issue that I was working with.  I don't have any insight to your airfield lighting at certain fields.

10 minutes ago, medx421 said:

The tree autogen reflects the night lighting you will see outside the airport.  It was only that half of @Couger 's issue that I was working with.  I don't have any insight to your airfield lighting at certain fields.

ok cool thanks. 

Hi Nick. The Airport with autogen and trees is working pretty fine. Its just the runway and taxi lights what look very weird. I know their is another topic with an dds file to be copied. But this isn't helping. 

Archived