Promo July

Yes life sucks!!! I have been a loyal costomer to Orbx since day 1, have ALL their products, bought fullprice but NEVER had an appreciation from them  as "loyal customer".  So from now on I will NOT buy one more product from them when it is released. When the head is stupid, the wallet suffers.

Jack

Hand4.jpg

Hello joyeuxfouineux ,

it seems that it is impossible to please everyone.

Following your logic, every time there is a sale, all those who had previously purchased the same products

at the full price should also be compensated.

To follow that practice would result in this and any other company, in any business at all, to very quickly go bankrupt.

Then there would be nothing to offer anyone at all.

On 7/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, joyeuxfouineux said:

You offer during the July promotion, 2 free airports, but you do not offer any compensation for those who already have these 2 airports. Too bad especially for those like me, are good customers at home.  I'm very disappointed.  I do not say any more.

Actually, this posting made me investigate the Fly July sales options which finally led me to purchase three discounted airports, CYEG, EGNX and LOWW.

As a loyal customer who has a number of products for P3d and XPlane 11 I am extremely pleased with the generosity of Orbx in offering a couple of free airports. I would not be concerned whatsoever if they put on sale something I had purchased the day before. It happens in all walks of life. You can bet your bottom dollar that someone travelling on the same flight as you has paid considerably less than you did. Would you demand a refund from the airline if you found out? I doubt it but I do know what the attitude of the airline would be.

I doubt that anyone here in Orbx Orbit is as keen as I to see and try the new MSFS - 

especially on the X Box in November and its Global Scenery and new Aircraft.

Having said that - as an Orbx fan since its birth - I will not give up using all the library I have 

bought from them - much of which - as a pensioner - have been purchased in the many sales

opportunities they have given us - and I am happy to say that I just bought another 3 Oceana

airports in this July sale. I note that no one has commented on the 3 free aircraft they are offering !!

I disregard P3Dv5 at the moment - because after buying a new mid range video card that took me from

4gigs to 8Gigs - I think I have mastered V4.5 to the extent of a constant minimum of 30 fps.- all slides to the right

and see no reason to spend a hundred bucks on something I don't need.:rolleyes:

Therefore - I have no need to abandon Orbx - especially in the Oceana /UK- Europe areas - not 

forgetting my huge Hangar of aircraft - I cant use in MSFS - now expanded by 3 free Orbx aircraft -

including Australia's ubiquitous " Victa" - (of lawnmower fame) used by the RAAF as a trainer.

However -  MSFS will take me to the skies in all areas that -  Orbx have not brought into orbit;

namely Southern Europe/Middle East and SE Asia.

When is a 25% discount not a 25% discount...

After a very long time away from flight sim I am now flying X-Plane and purchased the three UK TrueEarth regions at the July/Fly discount offer of 25% off.  Great, until I notice that the advertised US$ price converted to AUS$ at today's rates is as it happens to be the same amount as the 25% discounted amount.  ?????

Thanks for getting back Nick, this is exactly what I saw, the current AUS$ to US$ exchange rate.  What I was trying to say is that the $44.21 price is not a discounted price but rather a cheaper price because the exchange rate has changed since the $58.95 was first offered.  I'm sure I saw these sceneries advertised as 25% discounted.

Hello,

a 25% discount means that a product is offered at 75% of its original

asking price and that is what was done.

If I have understood your remark correctly, no company in the world can

control currency exchange rates and any disadvantage, or indeed

advantage, is entirely the poor or good fortune of the customer.

Nick,

It seems we are at odds, never mind there are more things in this world to worry about than a few dollars.  I had the pleasure of spending 6 weeks in your fair land last year ( 3 nights in York) and loved all I saw.  I am now enjoying flying to those places again virtually and again enjoying what I am seeing.

Stay Safe, Gordon.

Why worry about exchange rates at all if you live in Australia - at least that's where YMML is - 

there are two very good advantages of shopping with Orbx Central

One - is that that you know exactly what you will pay in Aussie dollars - no worries about exchange rates

or bank currency exchange fees

The second - is that all the monies earned from sales go into Australian coffers and Orbx as an Aussie company 

contributes to our exports,

Oh yes! -there is a third - the software is installed without a hiccup (mostly)B)

I went shopping yesterday morning, on Orbx Central, at about 9:50AM local (2350Z). (My first chance after receiving the email) The discounted prices were there on everything. Looked good. I selected two items and put them into the cart. (about $66) I took too long reading about their new features before proceeding to the Check out.

Once there, Central would not accept all my credit card details. I presume as it was now after 10 o'clock. Tried quite a few times.

I went back shopping and looked at all the airfields on sale and they still had their discounted prices displayed? I added another airfield and it went into the Cart at the discounted price (now $88) and proceeded to the Check out. It still had blanked out fields in the Credit card entry with no explanation.

Moral. Shop early. Don't believe the discounted prices if you exceed the Sale period.

Aussie

That seems odd. I had no plans to purchase TE GB Central during the sale period, but this morning, having flown from TE GB South into north Wales, I spotted the huge difference in scenery. Having finished my flight I decided to buy GB Central and was pleasantly surprised it was still on offer at the discounted price and now I am in the process of downloading.

Archived