P3DV5: TrueEarth England South - True Earth Libraries won't install

The True Earth Libraries  won't Install. I tried the work around described in TrueEarth - Known Issues and how to fix them (Verify option) but it did not help.

What else can be done?

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Chris

So please go to settings\downloader and clear the temp location.

Then go to the location you designated for backups and delete it's folder.

Then go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

Then try reinstalling.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast replies. Unfortunately non of the hints worked for me. I also tried a complete deletion and reinstall of Central but it didn't work.

Any other idea how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Doug,

Yes, I do have enough space (500Gb+). I anyways moved the temp Folder from c:\ drive to another drive and tried the verify option but it didn't help either. 

Eventually a problem with Central? Is there a best practise on how to delete it? I simply deleted all files / folders and regentries containing "Orbx".

Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris

same problem for me, just purchased P3D5 and TE South, clean install

London doesn't look right, as though it has the default autogen maybe, nothing reconisable, no skyscrapers, no canary wharf etc

I only have the default libraries listed in Central, none of the suggested fixes resolved this, the text file listed does not exist

thanks

1 hour ago, nb76 said:

same problem for me, just purchased P3D5 and TE South, clean install

London doesn't look right, as though it has the default autogen maybe, nothing reconisable, no skyscrapers, no canary wharf etc

I only have the default libraries listed in Central, none of the suggested fixes resolved this, the text file listed does not exist

thanks

This sounds exactly like the problem, that I have. 

1 hour ago, nb76 said:

no mention of TE GB Libraries

I cannot locate where the TE GB Libraries are, all I can locate is an earlier post by Nick that seems to imply they came with TE GB South version 2.

As you can see in My Products they are installed.

TEGB Libraries are required by all of the products but will only be installed once.

If a customer chooses to have only one part, then that part will have an extra 12GB over and above its own size, but if the same customer then decides to add one or both of the other parts, the size of the installation will rise only by the size of the part itself.

I understand that an existing version of TEGB South will be removed by the installer and completely replaced by version 2 which is about 10GB smaller in itself than version 1.

@Nick Cooper

TE GB Libs.jpg

just a note that may be relevant, initially it gave me an error saying insufficient disk space, so I had to set the temp drive to a folder on D:

but it installed ok, however this is a change from the default settings - not sure if the others have the same config in common?

I’m just finishing a re-install of P3dv5 tonight and have encountered the same problem with the TE GB Library. It is in my Orbx Libraries folder on a separate drive to P3d but is not listed nor installed by Central.   The TE US Libraries, also in the same Libraries folder, were not listed but have been installed.

I haven’t had this problem previously and am wondering whether it’s something specific to v 4.1.15 which loaded to my machine last week. I’m sure that v4.1.14 listed the two libraries, the US one I seem to recall was in the “other “ section of the product listing. Both loaded successfully using that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ps my disk space is fine.

Hello,

as things stand, the TEGB Libraries are no longer listed as a separate product.

They are also sometimes installed as an add-on, in the Orbx Central Library,

even if the rest of the product is installed into the simulator.

To make Orbx Central add them to the simulator, try running Sync Simulator.

Hi Nick

Thanks for your help, doesn't seem to have made a difference - the Sync gave a message that it completed successfully

Is there a better way to determine if the libraries are installed other than just flying over London? which for me just looks like the default autogen still

Hello,

I had this exact problem.

My own solution was to

On 7/19/2020 at 8:50 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

try a search for FTX_EU_GBR_Libraries.txt.

If your product is installed into P3D, it will be in Orbx\User documents\Versions

When you find it, rename it to FTX_EU_GBR_Libraries.txt.off and see what Orbx Central does.

and run Verify files for TEGB South.

I did check for this file yesterday after seeing your post and ran the verify files for TE GBS

TE is installed into the P3D folder, no sign of this txt file in there, no sign of it across all drives in my PC

Just ran verify files again, which completed successfully, but no improvement

Perhaps you need to convince Orbx Central that there are no TEGB products at all.

You can do this by renaming the TEGB version text files as well.

It should then show them all as not installed and if you click on install, it should

start by installing the libraries.

When it reached the TEGB product, it will check all the files and then show it as installed.

renamed the TEGB text file, restarted Central and selected install

Completed very quickly, and re-created that file, but no improvement

I'm happy to remove everything and try from scratch, but equally to continue troubleshooting if there's a wider benefit for others who may get this issue

54 minutes ago, nb76 said:

exactly the same problem

Did you do a completely freshh download and install with Central, or could that have been via a backup of your original download and install ?

If you do have a backup, follow Nick's post above to remove trace of TE GB South, then move the backup out of it's folder, BEFORE starting Central then do a fresh install.

10 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

This has now been Resolved via Ticket Portal

Hi Richard,

Can you give me an advice how to resolve this issue? It still exists for me.

Thank you,

Chris

This could be my fault, I hijacked Chris's thread because we had the same issue, and I ended up raising a support ticket - referring to this thread - I guess it could be considered "resolved" for me, but the issue of the scenery/libraries not installing correctly wasn't fixed :P

Archived