SODE registration error: fsx.cfg not found

Good morning guys,

I recently download few Orbx products (Base, vectors and EuropeLC and SODE) which are installed and verified correctly, but when I run the verification process for SODE  I receive the following message:

Registration error

- XML entries-

exe.xml: SUCCESS

dll.xml: SUCCESSL

- SimObject Path Entries-

fsx.cfg (Main): CFG file not found!
fsx.cfg (Common): CFG file not found!

I think the issue is the file name the application is lookig for: I'm using FS:Steam Edition on a Win10 pc and the fsx.cfg is called fsx-se.cfg, located in [...]AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

Does anyone know how to get this match ? I'm not sure if I will rename that file everithing will work fine...

Thanks a lot,

Jacopo

On 7/6/2020 at 4:20 AM, Jacopo G. Mura said:

I think the issue is the file name the application is lookig for: I'm using FS:Steam Edition on a Win10 pc and the fsx.cfg is called fsx-se.cfg, located in [...]AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

That's the 1st time I've ever heard of a \FSX-SE path or FSX-SE.CFG file. I'm not saying it's not possible, just surprised as I've never heard of that before despite having made 100's of forum posts and replies about the FSX:SE.  I'm guessing that might be a region or country related thing. If that's indeed your FSX:SE config path, it doesn't make sense the verification would successfully find DLL.XML and EXE.XML, as they're typically located in the same ...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ folder that the FSX.CFG file is located in?

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

When Dovetail released FSX Steam Edition, they made provision for the user who

wanted to use FSX Steam Edition on a PC that already had FSX installed on it.

The reason that they did is that as FSX Steam Edition is just FSX with a few

modifications, it would use the same configuration folders and files.

The solution was to make the installer recognise that FSX was already present and install

FSX Steam Edition in "compatibility mode".

This involved nothing more complex than using FSX-SE folders instead of FSX folders,

to avoid overwriting existing configurations.

2.jpg

1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening eveyone,

Thank you for your advices and sorry for my late reply (very busy period at work...).

On 7/6/2020 at 9:20 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if the modifications are made correctly, then FSX Steam Edition will use FSX folders instead of FSX-SE folders

and its configuration files will bear the name fsx and not fsx-se

Hello Nick,

Unofortunately nothing changed before the tip mentioned in my second post. 

But now the question is: how this error can affect the Orbx's sceneries ?
Becasue in my opinion the application looks worikng properly... 

Archived